Snack time: what are you eating?

Options

Replies

• jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I had a green fruit smoothie. Today I made a strawberry peach sorbet in my food processor.
  • davboss112
    davboss112 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Pricey but omg what flavor. Only have to eat one or two.
    9t5gdac85z3u.png
  • court360
    court360 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Any apples good, but I will tell you that the “pink lady” apples are AMAZING! You got to try them☺️
  • illyich
    illyich Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with protein powder, pb2, and fruit
    Turkey jerky
    roasted chickpeas
    Quest bars, which if you put them in the microwave for 10 seconds, they have the semblance of taste!
    CLIF bars
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I was so disappointed because the mandarin oranges at the grocery store this week did not look good. They have been my go-to the last couple weeks.

I also snack on:

greek yogurt with a little pudding powder mixed in (makes it super thick and delish)
    pistachios
    apples
    bananas (sometimes frozen and blended)
    toast with butter
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    this week it has been hummus with these great cheese crackers
  • Troutrouter1968
    Troutrouter1968 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Currently my snacks are smoked almonds, smoked Swiss cheese, nova lox, and smoked uncured ham. I have 3 smokers so I may as well put them to use.
  • mullanphylane
    mullanphylane Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    New to diabetes, I schedule all my meals and snacks to keep a relatively stable blood glucose level. Today's 3 snacks are:
    1. Sardines in water (150 cal/0 carbs
    2. Tuna salad sandwich on a high fiber soft tortilla (171 cal/23 carbs/15 g fiber)
    3. Bed-time snack of two Dove dark chocolate Promises (84 cal/10 carbs). This is the hardest one for me because I am a chocoholic and used to eat half a bag at a single sitting. I'd forgo this completely but I've found a snack like this (added sugar and simple carbs) actually helps keep my night time glucose level in an acceptable range.
  • annieu613
    annieu613 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I recently found a new recipe for a snack that is so tasty. 2oz peas, 2oz shelled edamame, 1 tbsp tamari, 1/2 tbsp chili garlic sauce. It's salty and spicy and the peas have a little bit of sweetness. Whenever I work out in the morning I am always starving by 10:30, and eating this for a snack can hold me over until lunch.
  • kdillingham7718
    kdillingham7718 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    whole wheat bread with a T of peanut butter and banana slices. Awesome snack a few hours before a workout :)
  • chelleedub
    chelleedub Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Soy mocha cappuccinos, Balanced breaks (cheese, dried berries and granola or quinoa), soft boiled eggs, hummus/Wholly guacamole/almond dip with English cucumber/celery/red bell pepper, Kind nut bars, fruit, date brownies, popcorn/Kettle corn
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    k1db6sh0hhrj.jpeg

Where do you get these? Are they low in net carbs?
  • angelexperiment
    Options
    This week my snacks are radish chips, and nut free chocolate granola, chia pudding
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    k1db6sh0hhrj.jpeg

Where do you get these? Are they low in net carbs?

4g net carbs... so yes!

Get 'em on Amazon! https://amzn.to/3a5PtMd
  • domeofstars
    domeofstars Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Quest bars have always been my best friend when i'm trying to lose weight! One keeps my hunger at bay for three hours and they taste delicious. The best one is the chocolate chip cookie dough flavour, especially if it's microwaved for about twenty seconds.
  • Kupla71
    Kupla71 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I just ate one homemade meatball. It really hit the spot!
  • bubkish7312
    bubkish7312 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese and some rice cakes. Or some oats with protein powder (or cottage) and a few seeds/nuts in it.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    i usually snack on sf jello with fruit and 1 tbs of cool whip- or am bag of light popcorn and diet coke- whatever for 100-150 cal(no more)-- sometimes veggies and hummus or veggies and laughing cow cheese wedge
  • angelexperiment
    Options
    Quest bars have always been my best friend when i'm trying to lose weight! One keeps my hunger at bay for three hours and they taste delicious. The best one is the chocolate chip cookie dough flavour, especially if it's microwaved for about twenty seconds.

I tried blueberry cobbler flavor it was good
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options

I tried blueberry cobbler flavor it was good

I am convinced Quest pays people to say that the bars are good microwaved.