Help - need low calorie snack ideas

Please LMK what your favorite low-cal snacks are. I've got carrot sticks, celery sticks, almonds, apples, But I need variety. Is there anything out there that you can eat a lot of that doesn't amount to many calories? Or is that a pipedream?

Replies

• wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Raspberries, blackberries and blueberries.
  • asthesoapturns
    asthesoapturns Posts: 313 Member
    Grapes, and mini pretzels are my work nibbles at the moment.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    This will kind of depend on your definitions of "low calorie" and "a lot," but: air-popped popcorn, sauerkraut, grapefruit, and shredded cabbage with low calorie dressing (I use apple cider vinegar and hot sauce).
  • Scottgriesser
    Scottgriesser Posts: 172 Member
    I wouldn't put almonds in the low calorie category, or any nut for that matter. But as was mentioned, depends on your definition.
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Ginger chews
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Almonds aren't one I'd call low call. I like fruit cups, strawberries, apples, fiber ones bars, popcorn, mini ice cream drumsticks, and sherbet.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I just opt for not snacking...or trail mix which isn't terribly low calorie...
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    Jicama, red peppers, cucumber, snap peas, cherry tomatoes dipped in Bolthouse dressing or sprinkled with Tajin. Love frozen berries, apples, and pears. I've been having air popped popcorn with a small squat of olive oil so garlic powder and smoked paprika stick.
  • smithsusan961
    smithsusan961 Posts: 64 Member
    cauliflower, broccoli, red peppers, brussels sprouts, asparagus, radish, lettuce, tangerines, berries, green beans.
  • Priasmama416
    Priasmama416 Posts: 103 Member
    Damon light and fit Greek yogurt, mini kind bars, 1/4 cup berries with 1/4 cup fat free cottage cheese, boiled egg, 1 cup fresh fruit
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member
    Because I want my snacks to have a certain amount of protein, I've been making seitan pepperoni https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/241963/seitan-pepperoni/

It was too spicy for me the first time, so the second time I halved the cayenne and mustard, but increased the spices that make it taste pepperoni-y, like the fennel, paprika, and anise. I don't care for nutritional yeast and am not vegan, so sub Parmesan.

Last night I had 30 grams of apple with it; other times I've added 1/3 banana and 10 g peanuts.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Yogurt cup, certain quest bars, radish chips, crisp pea snacks, radish chips, coconut chips,half of a halved avacado on a low carb wrap with salt n pepper ( or I use cauliflower wraps which are low in cal and 0 net carbs) avacado salad with half a avacado and a tomato with a little dash olive oil salt n pepper, 1 tbsp nut butter w apple
  • DevonKaroline
    DevonKaroline Posts: 19 Member
    I like single serving packs of plain greek yogurt, oikos triple zero or dannon light and fit greek.

The protein helps manage hunger and the pre-portioned containers make them easy to manage intake.
  • wilson10102018
    Shrimp cocktail with cocktail sauce and lemon. Try 10 shrimp. You may not finish it.
  • JoeyTheWanderer
    JoeyTheWanderer Posts: 224 Member
    Plain Greek low-fat Yogurt with one of those water flavored powder packets. 3/4ths a cup comes out to about 90-120 calories. The flavoring powder can typically come in any flavor. It generally adds about 5-10 calories. It also offers a huge amount of protein for the calories given.(17 grams to be exact.) I typically use green apple jolly rancher flavor(5 cal). It's actually got a pretty decent taste. Can't even tell the difference from the more processed premade bullcrap.
  • wilson10102018
    Shrimp cocktail with cocktail sauce and lemon. Try 10 shrimp. You may not finish it.

I should have quantified the benefits. A quarter pound of shrimp (5-6 or so) has 100 calories and 24g of protein and here costs about $3.
  • gracetipikin
    gracetipikin Posts: 29 Member
    Rice cakes, oikos triple zero yogurt, hard boiled eggs, roasted chickpeas
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    a small cup of good-quality chocolate mousse. Lots of air, lots of taste. :D
  • MalindaT123
    MalindaT123 Posts: 4 Member
    Sugar free jello
  • breanamock
    breanamock Posts: 28 Member
    Fat free yogurt, strawberries (maybe with lite cool whip or stevia), apple (maybe with either cottage cheese for protein or a little caramel dip for sweet tooth), popcorn, pretzels...