I’m Struggling...

I reached my goal weight in March 2019. I went on to maintain with ease, even losing more weight. I really thought I had the weight loss/maintainance thing down this time (I have a history of losing and gaining the same 10 pounds over and over). In December with the holidays, it all fell apart. I tried to stay “on track” if I wasn’t going to a special event, but I ended up gaining about 6 pounds. I planned to take it off as soon as the holidays were over. However, I can’t seem to stick to my plan. I’m not sure why. I do fine for a few days, then eat way too much for a few days. Back and forth. I suppose I don’t have a question, I just need some encouragement. I really, really don’t want to gain all my weight back. I feel like I’m definitely headed in that direction. :(

Replies

• wwwtheselion11
    wwwtheselion11 Posts: 422 Member
    If you only put on 6 pounds. You can loose it in a week by working out every day, before, an after work, but once you start dont give up. Treat it like it part of your job.
  • jeagogo
    jeagogo Posts: 179 Member
    Ditto what @cheryldumais said.

Whenever I have time away spent traveling, even if I don't actually fall off the wagon, I can have a hard time getting back to all my healthy habits. I may get calories back under goal, but if I'm not also eating a satiating, balanced diet I'll be more prone to overeating or eating junk food. Just recently I got back from a trip and I felt like I was starving everyday because I just wasn't eating the right foods. It took a good grocery store trip and an afternoon meal prepping to get back to eating foods that make me feel good.
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 494 Member
    [quote=":

[*] Did you think once you arrived at goal weight you could go back to "normal" eating?
    [*] Have you gotten lazy about weighing food or logging everything?
    [/quote]

THIS.

I lost 40 lbs on WW 15 years ago. Once I got to maintenance, I thought I could just coast and eat what I wanted because I denied myself comfort food during WW. All I would eat would be frozen food, salads, oatmeal, yogurt. Really boring food. I didn't learn to incorporate fun and comfort food in my allowance of calories.

• MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,875 Member
    jeagogo wrote: »
    Ditto what @cheryldumais said.

Whenever I have time away spent traveling, even if I don't actually fall off the wagon, I can have a hard time getting back to all my healthy habits. I may get calories back under goal, but if I'm not also eating a satiating, balanced diet I'll be more prone to overeating or eating junk food. Just recently I got back from a trip and I felt like I was starving everyday because I just wasn't eating the right foods. It took a good grocery store trip and an afternoon meal prepping to get back to eating foods that make me feel good.

@jeagogo
    This was a very helpful post for me! Describes the times I have gained back some to a T.
    And yes, eating the right foods DOES make me feel better!
    Thank you!
  • amybrown1228
    amybrown1228 Posts: 6 Member
    Except for losing/gaining *more* than the same 10 pounds, and hitting my goal weight in Feb. 2019 instead of March, this is my current situation! I appreciate all of the advice, too.