The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• Tdm3000
    Tdm3000 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello folks!

Approaching my mid-40s and now back on track with calorie counting and overall well-being. Not my first rodeo, but hopefully my last. I was off for a couple of years and MyFitnessPal seems to have developed nicely in the meantime.

Starting from 120 kg (265lbs) range and shooting for 90 kilos (below 200lbs) during this year. Weight is not a priority, looking and feeling better is. Already now my mental well-being is much better! It's not really about the goal but the journey itself is meaningful and (somewhat) enjoyable.

I've noticed that tracking progress in multiple ways is very helpful and also getting a no-*kitten* assessment of my starting point was needed. Started with Inbody measurement a few weeks back which gives you a lot of data and does not cost that much. It's available in the Nordics, at least. Weight, fat %, BMI, area of subcutaneous fat etc. It also pays to measure your waist, thighs and arms. If you're doing weight exercises, you may notice development on these measures even if your weight seems to stall. Helps with motivation. Weekly measurements are enough, no need to step on a scale on daily basis. For Inbody -type of measurement, every couple of months is good.

I've done this journey a couple of times before and at least to myself, data is the key to make progress. I suppose for most of us (since we are here) this would apply.

Happy to be part of this community, I wish everyone good luck and good progress. Looking for buddies for accountability and sharing tips and tricks, feel free to add me if you wish.

Sorry for typos, English is not my first language.

Happy Wednesday to everyone!
  • Slappy74
    Slappy74 Posts: 113 Member
    Good morning group! Hope everyone is having a great week and hitting your goals!
  • stanleyrod
    stanleyrod Posts: 3 Member
    Hi, I am 44 yrs, joined back again.. determined to loose lots of weight this time.
  • timlangan42
    timlangan42 Posts: 55 Member
    54 here. Started back on MFP this year to address some weight I added over the past decade and it's been working so far. Great site, best people. Feel free to add me if you'd like to support each other.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Happy Wednesday
    Two curling games with lots of sweeping in 12 hours is hard work. I'm starting to feel the effects but the scale showed a decrease so I'm taking it. Now time to stretch and hope I can make it through one more game tomorrow evening then I get a break.
  • YellowD0gs
    YellowD0gs Posts: 693 Member
    /searching, searching...Oh, there it is! Page 3?!? C'mon peoples! ;)<3

Happy Friday, y'all!
  • Slappy74
    Slappy74 Posts: 113 Member
    Happy Friday everyone! 🥳
  • Italiana_xx79
    Italiana_xx79 Posts: 588 Member
    Good morning group and TGIF! Anyone have any plans for the weekend? Our weather is so up and down lately and looks like this weekend may be good for yard work for me. :)
  • mcclellan84
    mcclellan84 Posts: 2 Member
    Hey everyone. Hope your all doing good. Just hit 36 and am starting to realize how out of shape I am. Haven’t used this app in quite a while but I’m ready to get kick in again. Add me if yah want.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,191 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    I'm on vacation as of today. Good bye snow hello sun and sand!!!! We're headed on a cruise, yes I've heard the reports of ships being turned away from ports, yes i heard about the one that was quarantined, yes I have heard there's a new virus out there. Seems people love to bombard you with all the negative stuff they have heard. Except for the over 65 crowd who thinks it's awesome to be getting away.

Enjoy your time!
  • KT587
    KT587 Posts: 11 Member
    Hello! I'm new to the community and MFP. I'm 46 and working on losing weight this year.
  • AliNouveau
    Hooray for 5 hour delays!!!! We should be approaching our destination but instead we're still waiting for the plane to arrive. Our 2:45 departure turned into 3:15, 5:53, 6:30 and now 7:30. This is why were flying down the day before our cruise. Hooray for airport bars
  • DecadeDuchess
    DecadeDuchess Posts: 315 Member
    edited February 2020
    Hooray for 5 hour delays!!!! We should be approaching our destination but instead we're still waiting for the plane to arrive. Our 2:45 departure turned into 3:15, 5:53, 6:30 and now 7:30. This is why were flying down the day before our cruise. Hooray for airport bars

Great call Ali! I've heard, something like: "There's no such thing as early, you're either upon time or you're late.".
  • AliNouveau

Great call Ali! I've heard, something like: "There's no such thing as early, you're either upon time or you're late.".

I'm scared to check the board for an update. Seems there's always a delay. Luckily we board our cruise at 12:30 tomorrow so we'll get to enjoy a bit of Miami tomorrow morning
  • lcarlos1971
    lcarlos1971 Posts: 1 Member
    Greetings,

I'm 48 (18) going on 49 (19) next month. Been working out for the past 2 years and don't regret it for a second.

Hows everyone doing?
  • Sableprncs
    Sableprncs Posts: 15 Member
    Greetings,

I'm 48 (18) going on 49 (19) next month. Been working out for the past 2 years and don't regret it for a second.

Hows everyone doing?

Pretty good! It's been a difficult start for me but trying to take it one day at a time. :smiley:
  • Sableprncs
    Sableprncs Posts: 15 Member
    I'm new to the community portion of MFP but wondering does anyone here ever meet up in person? Or is it all totally online?
  • BrownSugar174
    BrownSugar174 Posts: 311 Member
    edited February 2020