Binge eating disorder strategies and success stories

Options
Anyone have anything useful they can share for when I or others feel out of control and emotionally eat?

Replies

• ladyzherra
    ladyzherra Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am a binge eater with emotional eating and food addiction. I like this group here on MFP: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1012-emotional-eating

I wrote a few posts on there that answer your question with a lot of detail, but a lot of members share their stories there about emotional eating, binge eating, and food addiction. You might find some community in a place like that.
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I am not a success story but can relate. I have never been so compulsive about overeating. Mine is depression and anxiety and seem to be powerless to stop. I wish you well on your journey.
  • jpearson1289
    jpearson1289 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am an emotional eater and a binge eater. The only thing besides medication (I was desperate) that has helped me is talking when I feel like eating and rebuilding my friendships to not revolve around food as much. Not a success story yet.
  • Jubee13
    Jubee13 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    holly1283 wrote: »
    I am not a success story but can relate. I have never been so compulsive about overeating. Mine is depression and anxiety and seem to be powerless to stop. I wish you well on your journey.

I am right there with you. I’ve really been struggling due to stress at work. Good luck to you. It’s very hard.
  • serindipte
    serindipte Posts: 1,557 Member
    Options
    I always do better when I'm logging here, but still have my moments. When the last hit, I had a huge salad with a light dressing and a mini candy bar after for the sweetness. It gave me the full sensation of a binge, the sweetness I wanted and barely put me over me calories.
  • nlamb1988
    nlamb1988 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your replies it is truly helpful for me to hear stories of other. December - February of last year I lost almost 20 lbs and was looking/feeling great. End of February and March I have been continuously binging and actually got back above my start weight. I am trying to stop my lizard brain for good today.

I have made a playlist on youtube of things that I have found helpful. Hopefully others will as well. Always open to advice because a day without binging is a good day!

• adotbaby
    adotbaby Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Try not to give in to the binges, it's just not worth the few minutes of gratification. You work so hard to get healthy and eat right, you deserve to feel good about all your success. Think about how crappy you feel after a binge, and use that as incentive to resist the urge.