Fasting

Options
2»

Replies

• PollysiuPo
    PollysiuPo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    hookandy wrote: »
    Having said that my OH uses the 5:2 fasting by restricting her calories on 2 days to around 500-600 and then maintainance for the other 5 days (In her case 1600-1700) She is fine with this at the moment, but has just started lifting, so we shall see how she fits in lifting with fasting

I'm sure to tell you, 5:2 fasting works. I have a friend lost lots of weight by this method.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,031 Member
    Options
    PollysiuPo wrote: »
    hookandy wrote: »
    Having said that my OH uses the 5:2 fasting by restricting her calories on 2 days to around 500-600 and then maintainance for the other 5 days (In her case 1600-1700) She is fine with this at the moment, but has just started lifting, so we shall see how she fits in lifting with fasting

I'm sure to tell you, 5:2 fasting works. I have a friend lost lots of weight by this method.

Yes it works if it helps you create a calorie deficit.

As does any method that does that.
  • pitponies
    pitponies Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I don't eat till 12 noon, mainly because I am not particularly hungry in the morning, but also because once I start I find my body just wants more!
    I always save most calories for evening meal but don't eat after 8pm. I don't think it actually makes a difference except that years ago you were told you MUST have breakfast, and all that did was make me hungrier and more difficult to cope with the rest of the day. It's 14,17, and I still have loads of calories to enjoy.
    best of luck