What are your staple meals?

I am not one for wanting huge variety.
What is your easy go-to B L D meals please.
I like an egg pancake for breakfast with a squirt of no sugar maple syrup. Sometimes I add oatmeal or coconut flour if I feel I need the carbs.

Replies

• summery79
    summery79 Posts: 116 Member
    I like a lot of variety but when I am super busy, I have a bunch of easy fallback meals:

Breakfast: oatmeal/fruit/yogurt
    overnight oats (sometimes with a hardboiled egg or more yogurt on the side)
    egg omelet with cheese and veg
    two-minute cheese and egg sandwich (microwave eggs)

Lunch: almost always dinner leftovers or a meal prep soup or salad

Dinner: Rotisserie chicken/ 2-3 veg heated from frozen
    Stir fry veggies over rice (made frozen stir fry veg mix, any leftover protein I have hanging around, simple sauce made with soy sauce, rice vinegar, maybe some fruit juice)
    Baked salmon or a steak/ cooked whole grain / 1-2 veg heated from frozen
  • raquelle69
    raquelle69 Posts: 30 Member
    Thank you!
  • summery79
    summery79 Posts: 116 Member
    No problem! :smiley:
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    In summer - a huge portion of mixed salad, in winter vegetable soup. I love different home - made salad dressings, seasonings and fresh herbs to make every meal different.
  • raquelle69
    In summer - a huge portion of mixed salad, in winter vegetable soup. I love different home - made salad dressings, seasonings and fresh herbs to make every meal different.

Thanks for reminding me. Homemade salad dressings are the best! I make a balsamic dressing which is so good, I even put it on my chicken.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Steel cut oats or eggs
    Salad with Ken’s fat free raspberry dressing
    Boneless skinless chicken breast and roasted vegetables
  • raquelle69
    Steel cut oats or eggs
    Salad with Ken’s fat free raspberry dressing
    Boneless skinless chicken breast and roasted vegetables
    Very similar to my go-it's. Thsnks
  • Cerizez
    Cerizez Posts: 155 Member
    breakfast: vegetable smoothie (spinach, lime juice, pear, cucumber, celery, avocado, raw egg)
    lunch: chicken breast with hot wings sauce, and salad of pear/beetroot/fennel/grapefruit
    dinner: peas, mixed veg, grilled fish
    11s: rice-cakes & hummus
    4pm: banana & peanut butter
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    Typical Breakfast: All bran cereal with fresh blueberries, honey, 2% milk...banana or apple, yogurt.
    Typical Lunch: albacore tuna mixed whole avocado & hot sauce with whole grain bread or wrap. full fat cottage cheese....Large salad & honeycrisp apple.
    Typical Dinner: Air fried chicken breast or salmon with riced cauliflower or broccoli or mixed veggies. Large salad.

I eat these 3 main meals with smaller meals and snacks throughout the day. I mixed up the animal proteins throughout the week... I am ALWAYS eating within a 12 hour period. I usually eat around 2300-2700 calories a day. This is including exercise calories.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,455 Member
    raquelle69 wrote: »
    I am looking for inspiration and easy-to-cook meals. My meal variety is not perfect, obviously, or I would not be here.

Meal variety has nothing to do with achieving your weight loss goals. Calories drive that.

Are you following a low carb or keto diet, that might be helpful to mention in your OP so that you get responses that are useful.

I’m another one that doesn’t have staple meals.

Breakfast had the most consistency either yogurt, berries and granola or a microwave breakfast sandwich. Coffee and flavored creamer.

Weekday Lunch is usually dinner leftovers, or a can of soup or sandwich, a salad from the work cafeteria

Dinner - let’s see last week I had:
    Homemade Burgers with corn on the cob
    Tacos
    Stir fry chicken with snap peas, carrots and rice
    Air fried salmon with orzo and green beans
    Lemon chickpea soup and kale salad w/ cheesecake brownie and wine (book club)
    Takeout Pizza
    Chicken flatbread, nachos and beer (sports bar)

This week will be all different.
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Breakfast
    Hard-boiled eggs.
    Oatmeal
  • SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    Breakfast - nothing.
    Lunch - typically a large salad and fish or chicken breast, or a stir fry of prawns, chilli, garlic, ginger, various green veggies and two eggs scrambled over the top.
    Tea - small portion of soaked oats, skyr yogurt and fruit
    Dinner - varies hugely. We eat out a lot. Typically it would major on meat and veg with little in the way of carbs
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,351 Member
    I kinda have a go to general direction?

Breakfasts: eggs and toast. Eggs go any way, toast sometimes has butter/jam or peanut butter. Other times the eggs go on the toast.

Lunch: grilled chicken/turkey/whatever I have and frozen veg or protein in a taco salad (protein, greens, tomatoes, salsa, cheese, Greek yogurt)

Dinner: tuna on salad, protein + potato + frozen veg, or more grilled protein and frozen veg. Sometimes I'll fry up whatever vegetables are on hand, add protein, toss in a mixture of sesame oil, soy, and rice vinegar. Mmm.

Snacks: fruit, protein bars or powder
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Breakfast -
    oatmeal. I like it with mashed banana and nuts, like banana bread oatmeal
    Eggs and bacon, different ways. Either in a tortilla, or just on their own with a piece of toast.

Lunch -
    salad
    sandwich with raw veggies to dip in ranch.
    Wrap
    Or I will prep something else, like chicken with rice

Dinner is different all the time. A common meal that we like a lot is some type of asian style chicken thighs (with sauce) served with rice and broccoli.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    For much of my weight loss I had some staple meals:

Breakfast -- 2 egg vegetable omelet (but the veg would vary) plus either cottage cheese or greek yogurt or half an avocado or some other fruit on the side. [Now I tend to have a smoothie for breakfast most days, which includes sources of fat and protein]

Lunch -- dinner leftovers or some kind of stew or bean-based dish [made ahead for lunches] or salad with protein and nuts or seeds on it.

Dinner -- protein, starchy side (or the starch mixed into a one pot type meal, as with pasta or a stir fry), and lots of vegetables.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Lemme see : depends on what I’m doing but typically keto coffee or nothing til lunch lunch might be bone broth and a soup then a snack might be a granola dinner might be something sensible like salmon burger and a veg. With some avacado dressing sometimes salad with avacado and salmon burger or tofu on top and sriracha on top. Eggs with veggie crumbles
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Rice, beans, and veggies, lentil soup, veggie burgers are my go to meals.