MFP badges earned

Options
So because we often quote stats in maintenance about being successful vs regain. Here are some interesting #s which are generated by the badge data

86.9K folks have earned the 1 yr badge (as of Dec 2019 when data started)
72.2K here 2 yrs
60.1K here 3 yrs
47.3K here 4 yrs
24.9K here 5 years (wow that's a drop!)
15K here 6 yrs
12.2K here 7 yrs
7,2K here 8 yrs

And that's as long as I have been here but if there are others who have been longer I wonder when it drops under 1 K

Of course this has no correlation at ALL to successful maintenance etc but it is an interesting look at length of time on MFP.

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,596 Member
    Options
    But that's participating in the forum, right? How many have used MFP but never looked at the forum?
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,786 Member
    Options
    Oh - I never thought about it as forum participation, just being a member of MFP. Maybe you are right, I joined in Nov 2011 but I can't recall if I looked at the community early on or not.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Yes it's forum participation, I've been a member since 2011, only used the forums since 2016 so only have a 3rd anniversary badge.

There were years when I barely looked at my account and didn't use it correctly, so really other than telling me how long I've been on the forums I don't see how it has any relevance to maintenance or regain. I've lost, maintained and regained in those 3 years.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Yep forum participation :smile: I haven't a clue how many badges I have, nor do I care but I get some satisfaction out of seeing how many forum posts I have replied to over the years :smiley:
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,786 Member
    Options
    I think the badges would be fun if I was five. ;)

Oh I agree. But I thought the data as to # of posters per year was pretty interesting. Esp the big drop off after 4 years. Maybe it just means that the boards are so repetitive most folks get bored with them after a few years. ;)

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,943 Member
    Options
    As a little side fact, my member number is in the five thousands.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    I kind of want a rustled jimmies badge for X # disagrees. At the least, it would give disagree stalkers something to think about before letting the hate flow through them.

Would this be for disagrees given or received? Both would be kinda fun...
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    Options
    Every time we go camping or on a long road trip, I don't log in to MFP. When we return, I get to start over again. I'll likely never earn a badge, though I've been participating on the forum for at least 6 years.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Every time we go camping or on a long road trip, I don't log in to MFP. When we return, I get to start over again. I'll likely never earn a badge, though I've been participating on the forum for at least 6 years.

You'll be sooooo excited! Look at all your pretty badges. :lol:

3920mfwdvjei.png
  • Jackie9003
    Jackie9003 Posts: 1,105 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    9 years = 2495
    10 = 611

After 10 years apparently it becomes no year counts and it says: "Ancient Membership. Nobody remembers a time when this person wasn’t a member here.." and there are 215 of those, including moi. :flowerforyou:

If I hadn't changed my email and forgotten login details I would be no.216 on the 10+ year list :#
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I’ve never seen a badge, but I love that you put that data together. Ive been active on the forums since 2012, but took a little break in 2015, when I “coincidentally” gained all my weight back.
  • kcmcbee
    kcmcbee Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Where is a member #?
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    kcmcbee wrote: »
    Where is a member #?

When you open your badges and click on one, it shows how many people earned that badge. Again, read question wrong, answered below. Yeah, my brain is doing its own thing today.
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    But that's participating in the forum, right? How many have used MFP but never looked at the forum?

One of the badges says "Anniversary", so I think it's how long you've been a member, or is it time since your first post? tinkerbell's post answered that

I'm curious, do inactive accounts earn badges?
  • cmriverside
    edited March 2020
    Options
    kcmcbee wrote: »
    Where is a member #?

The fastest way to find your member number is to go to your profile and click on your list of uploaded pictures. It's this, below your profile picture: View all of kcmcbee's photos (1)Then look at the URL in the browser bar and your member number is at the end. Mine says, https://www.myfitnesspal.com/photos/view/ (and then my user #### )

• kcmcbee
    kcmcbee Posts: 177 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I don’t find sqat... I joined in 2012 but hardly used. Then really started using in 2019 and just stred on forums a few months ago. I’m a newbie I guess with no number. And I don’t see where it shows photos uploaded except my mug.