Sixers Spring Clean Challenge Week 2

Options
1235»

Replies

• KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Lauryn, your hair looks FABULOUS! I LOVE IT! You are so beautiful! I hate that you are in such a crappy situation at the moment, but to look at your face, you can't tell it, you look gorgeous. My family in TN has the rare white stuff, too. Most of them have school cancelled as well. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Pedal-don't worry, you can kick those couple extra pounds to the curb. You are strong and confident and YOU CAN do it. Great job yesterday! I agree with you on the sleep thing. With hubby gone, my bedtime hours are mixed up and I am not getting a ton of sleep. I think that may have something to do with my eating. I have been trying to adjust it as hubby will be gone for a while yet.

Ok, I will be back later. So good to see lots of people here this morning and last night. Be back soon. Hugs ladies!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Just going to get some breakfast started for the kiddos then do my ab workout. I was apparently carrying around nearly 5lbs of extra water which I got rid of yesterday by actually drinking my water. That helps me mentally because I was starting to worry that my thyroid was screwed up again. Now I'm weighing in at just less than my starting weight for the challenge which feels nice.

Lauryn, enjoy the snow!!!

Kristin, so cool that you can see changes! I'm so happy for you :heart:

Katie, did you get more rest? Going to bed at a reasonable time last night has made a big difference to me. I woke an hour earlier than normal and I felt rested for the first time in WEEKS.

BBL!
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    Morning Ladies,

Lauren I LOVE the hair!!! Its super cute and very flattering....I know what its like to have hubby troubles...seriously....I've been seperated for 3.5 months now....I'm not going to tell you to give it him another chance, I don't know what the issues are....but I just want you to know that I completely understand and I'm here to rant too if you need it. ::hugs::

Kristin, I wanna see the bump!! :laugh:

Hugs to everyone else...I'm busy at work today so don't have much time to write just yet....I did get to the gym and run/walk 3.06 miles!! Yeah!!

BBL.
  • TudorRose
    TudorRose Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies; I've set up a new thread for week 3- I know, already?
    All the best
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    :love: Good morning ladies!!!

Today is my last day off, had a 4 day weekend and as Lauryn stated, we got some snow in Va too. So, since its considered the south, most things are closed... or delayed opening. :grumble: Oh well. I am doing some boxes and organizing my soon to be fitness room. I have been using my elliptical but I need to set up a circuit training area/station so I won't have excuses.

Amylou- Glad you enjoyed your trip and be careful traveling back home. Good luck this week w/ school

Lauryn- Your hair cut looks wonderful. Glad you found a way for your hair to bless others. Look at you, always looking out for other people. As for you and your struggles, I know you can make it. Just imagine how many calories that journal is keeping from your body. :wink: Don't beat yourself up, as long as you keep communicating with us and keeping one eye on your fitness and health goals, you will survive. I know that you have the power to stand on top of these hard times AND when time passes you will read back some of your entries from the journal and laugh at how it has passed and how much better you feel now. I will continue to think about you!!! :wink: Yay, for a happy future!!

Rhiannon- Glad that you are getting back into the swing of things. I'm happy that Leith is adjusting well too, don't forget the gums heal faster than any tissue in the body, so he will be doing better rapidly. Your comment on not beating yourself up about the small gains, was memorable. That is something we can all learn from.

Kristin- glad you and the baby are doing well

Robin- How is the fitness going at the gym?

Katie- hope you are doing better w/ your eating today!!! I know you can do it!

Tudor- Thanks for the next thread, I know who must be ready for week 3! :laugh:

Shanell and Cathy- How are you two doing?

Red/Strawberry- how are things on your end?

Well my breakfast was weird today! I wanted something sweet, thought about pancakes then I decided that my last slice of carrot cake would make me happy. So that was my bfast- I thought oh its like having a muffin. :laugh: Using anything I could think of to make it OK. Then I got a package in the mail from a friend for my Birthday with ..... my favorite. Rice crispies in the shape of a birthday hat. Of course I had that too. Well.... I will do better the rest of the day!!! LOL. Just thought this might show how having a plan can prevent the sweet tooth craving monster from taking over! :wink:

Take care!

Tamm
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Morning all!!

We in central NC are covered in snow! In the south, that means one thing -- schools out! My work has also been delayed opening until 12 noon (but not announced until AFTER 7am... after I was up, with a cup of coffee in me and my face now full of makeup :grumble: ).

Now I plan to make brekkie for the family followed up by playing in amounts of snow we only see once every 5 years!!

Have a great morning Sixers!

My bank opened at 12 noon and is closing at 3pm.
    I get paid for a whole day. I'm a happy camper. :wink:
    (Even though I hit some black ice on the way in :indifferent: )
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    afternoon.....where has the day flown toooo?
    WELCOME GEORG.....tomorrow is weigh in day and the start of a new week.

lauryn...LOVE the hair. i want that cut......
    kistin....glad you had a nice weekend....
    pedal...sleep is the best.....my fav thing to do:wink:
    rose....thanks for the new thread iam ready
    cass...glad to see you again...keep your chin up....
    drtamm....enjoy your last day off.....unpacking is a chore
    shanell...where are you.
    pdx....hang in there almost done. you will feel better. i am still bloated, clothes tight, but, scale down, frustrating:angry: . still having food issues, today it was ruby tuesdays salad.
    amylou....wasn't the sourdough goooood? love that stuff, can't get a good one here on the east coast. glad you had a good trip.
    tiff....good job on the quiz. i hope you enjoy that cruise. i want to goooooo.
    anyone i missed hope your having a good day......

DH isn't leaving today. it's thursday instead. need to finish laundry and just curl up with a book. today has just flown by. ate lunch late, now not hungry. and have to fix dinner here in another 2 hours. will be light for sure.

later......:heart:
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Lauryn, that's a nice short work day!!

Cathy, sounds like a nice day!

Well, I went to the gym while Kyle hung out with the kiddos. Sadly, today is the day everyone had to get their new photo membership cards so I only got to work for for 20 minutes but it's better than nothing! I did most of week 3 day 1 of C25K and I also did my ab workout and some glutes this morning at home. I'm behind on my food though, big time. Breakfast came later than we thought because Ava and Leith wanted pancakes (I make super healthy ones) so I didn't have time to have my eggs before leaving for the gym. If I'm under I know one day won't kill me, but I'd rather get my nutrients in! Over the last couple of months of being totally off, I've really not taken in the protein I ought so I don't want to slack on that.

We're off to the petting farm by our house this afternoon. Catch ya later!
  • nellienell12
    nellienell12 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    You guys are so lucky to get snow. It didn't even freeze at my house and it was supposed to snow here too.:grumble:

But, because the snow was so bad up in NY, we weren't that heavy in the warehouse because the work comes from our customer service up there and they had a snow day today, so that just means I'm going to get my butt whooped tomorrow. I also go to the dentist tomorrow to hopefully start on my teeth.

Today I realized I didn't really eat a whole lot. But it was higher calorie foods because I did use all my cals, but I was never really hungry either. I did my work out this morning. Went to FitTV and worked out with Bob in Cardiomax and he kicked my booty,:laugh: .

Lauryn I love the new haircut. Both my girls just got their hair cut short like that because they both wanted to donate their hair to Locks for Love. They both chopped off 10".

Well, just wanted to pop in right quite and say what's up. Been busy since I got home. Have a good evening. Talk to ya'll tomorrow. Good luck for weigh in's.
  • drtamm
    drtamm Posts: 427
    Options
    Be careful Lauryn!!! Glad your day was short. :smile:

Rhiannon- Your kids should love having fun w/ you. They get to do some really fun things, you are a great mom!! At least you got 20 mins in. :) I agree with you about this being the last month I don't use all my resources and tips. It will be warm again soon and THEN WHAT?! I want to love my body or at least be happy with my progress. :wink:

Shanell- I hope tomorrow won't be too busy and I hope everything goes well at the dentist. :wink:

Well as for me, I took to long to eat between my meals today. Trying to clean all over the house. I need to use a system. First I'm up stairs then down then up. LOL, I'm crazy at times. :laugh: I didn't feel like cooking so I got a veggie plate at my favorite restaurant. CHEDDARs, they aren't everywhere but it is sooooo good and cheap. I get Chicken tortilla soup (tomato based) and 4 veggies for 5.99! But today they didn't have my favorite .... broccoli. OH well.... And I did do the elliptical for 30 min around 1pm.... at least I did that.

Well take care. Good luck w/ the weigh in tomorrow. I hope I didn't eat too much this weekend. But I will do better next weekend promise. :flowerforyou:

Take care!
    Tamm
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Tamm-can I just say again how good it is to have you hear more often? Lovin' it! Also, didn't do great on my food today. Didn't eat so much food, just that what I ate was not good for me and HIGH in calories. Kiddo was sick today and my aunt and I were feeling a bit squeamish as well, no nausea, just headaches, so I suppose carbs were my medicine today. But, tomorrow is a new day!

Lauryn-be careful, that stuff comes out of nowhere and can do some serious damage.

Rhiannon-how was the petting zoo?

well, I am not ready for weigh-in tomorrow, but I will be honest, whatever the scale says. Have a great night ladies. See you in the new thread tomorrow.

BTW, Tudor, thanks for starting the new thread. I didn't want you to think we were ignoring you. We weigh-in on Tuesdays so that is when we start posting to the new thread. Thanks for getting it ready for us. Hope you are doing well!