Less Alcohol - MARCH 2020 - One Day at a Time

Replies

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,547 Member
    marcvb35 wrote: »
    3/4 - 3/4 of normal. went to bed on time instead of passing out in front of TV
    🤗👍🥈BRAVO @marcvb35 every little step is towards a larger goal.
  • laxnmom
    laxnmom Posts: 12 Member
    So far 3/4 AF days for March but weekends are so much more challenging! Weight loss goals only met after AF days so need to keep focused on my goals as I approach the weekend with lots of fun stuff planned.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,546 Member
    Day 4 AF done! Mission accomplished at the restaurant last night. Followed plan to get a large club soda with a lime. First time in 15 years!!!!! Husband happy bill was so low. I totally forgot about drinks the whole time, focused on good food and good company. I did decide on having coffee about an hour before and it seemed to curb the "drinking" appetite.

In Feb, I relied on sweets every day and that helped a lot. This month I noticed I am getting sick of sweets and craving crunchy, so I keep popcorn on hand and eat crunchy raw vegetables in salads twice a day. Keeps me full and satisfied. I also eat a lot of high fiber foods early on in the day, seems to keep my blood sugar happy, thus fewer cravings for sweets or drinks.

Hi. I am trying to get way more fibre into my diet. What are your high fibre go-to foods?
    I eat a tonne of vegetables, but they don't have nearly enough fibre. I am not really a fruit eater although I know that fruits have fibre.
    I don't have elimination problems whatsoever, but I see on my MFP tracker that my fibre is very low.

I know that this is not maybe for the "drink less" thread, but fibre has been something that I know that I need to try and better my numbers for. As soon as you mentioned it I wanted to hear your advice.
    We are all on MFP after all. You said that it gives you less cravings for sweets and alcohol, which is super cool.
    I would appreciate any of your insights into getting more fibre, and about the high fibre foods that you eat early in the day. Maybe instead of sugar free jello as a substitute for alcohol cravings I can find a new fibre food : - )

(Yeah, we spell it fibre here in Canada, can't help it lol).
  • alrightmsjenkins
    alrightmsjenkins Posts: 33 Member
    Dnarules wrote: »
    I ate so many sour belts! LOL Another day without drinking though. Plenty of water and I kicked butt with my workout. I'll take it. Less candy tomorrow though. Yikes! Goodnight y'all!

I'm going to try eating sour candy! I love sour, and it might be a nice reward or alternative treat.

They’re a childhood candy that I recently found again. Sooooo good LOL