2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
    01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
    ==============================
    2020 Personal Discard Weight Challenge
    Name: Terri
    My plan is to weigh less at the end of each month than I did at the beginning
    SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
    GW: 147.1
    Jan: - 2
    Feb: - 1.3
    Sat 29 Feb: 148.8
    March:
    Week 1
    Sun 01: 148.6
    Mon 02: 148.9
    Tue 03: 148.8
    Wed 04: 148.6
    Thu 05: 148.4
    Fri 06: 148.5
    Sat 07:
    Week 2
    Sun 08:
    Mon 09:
    Tue 10:
    Wed 11:
    Thu 12:
    Fri 13:
    Sat 14
    Sun 15:
    Mon 16:
    Tue 17:
    Wed 18:
    Thu 19:
    Fri 20:
    Sat 22:
    Sun 23:
    Mon 24:
    Tue 25:
    Wed 26:
    Thu 27:
    Fri 28:
    Sat 29:
    Sun 30:
    Mon 31:
    WFTY: DEPTH
    Depth Year - Updates
    I definitely have way too much stuff. I need to streamline my existence, resist adding more stuff, and start using what I have already got. I have been working towards doing this for several years with my decluttering. I need to stop the march of consumerism, and putting money into the pockets of other people by buying things I want rather than actually need.
    03 Jan: This is going to be way harder than I thought. Need to work out strategies and guidelines for what I can and cannot purchase.
    1. I have a stack of books which I haven't read. I will read one of those book a month, and not buy any more books this year. I will source any other books I want to read at the library.
    2. Book 1: The Illusionists - Rosie Thomas ✅
    3. Book 2: Eleanor Oliphant is completely fine, Gail Honeyman✅
    4. Book 3: Nothern Lights Ch 8
    5. I have closets full of clothes that no longer fit. I will work my way through them over the next two months, and either alter them to fit, or donate them to charity.
    6. 07 Jan: One bag already full and ready to go to the charity shop
    7. I have a lot of Craft supplies. I will optimise what I have before I buy any new supplies. Sticking to this one will be difficult.
    8. 07 Jan: Depth Year: I have Patchwork Craft this morning. I will pick out one of my ongoing projects and work on it to completion. No new projects until I have finished at least 3 ongoing ones.
    9. 14 Jan: Craft Group: working on patchwork project from last Tues.
    Daily Goals
    • Food: log All food and drink; stay under goal; balance macros/micros; Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
    • Exercise: Knee Physio; 7,500+ Steps daily; 30 + minutes intentional exercise
    • Other: Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation; Practice Self-care; Positively reframe thoughts; Live! Love! Learn!; 15 mins Daily Declutter session; keep up to date with chores

JFT Thu 5 Mar
    Daily Goals: 🌷
    Activities:
    • 10am: Dancing🌷
    • 2pm: Shakespeare Study🌷
    • finish Latin prep 🌷

JFT Fri 6 Mar
    Daily Goals:
    Activities:
    • 10am: Latin Study
    • 2pm: Parchment Craft
    • chillax!!!

• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Friday 6 March

Log
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    JFT, 3/2/20

- Log all my food- The good, bad, and ugly :smiley:I was only in the red by 100 calories! Go me!
    - March Challenge :disappointed:Honestly, I just forgot.
    - Write 1 chapter :smiley:
    - Sit outside for 15 min. (It's gorgeous out!!) :smiley:I'm not exactly sure it was 15 minutes but I did walk to the end of my driveway and back which is about 200 yards give or take. That was the first time I was really out of these 4 walls for any length of time!

Good morning everyone! I hope you are all well.

It's been a quiet morning here. Matt had to be to work by 6 am this morning. It's his Tuesday routine. I walked up to the end of the driveway again and it felt great. I have very little pain anymore. I can feel my belly tugging on the glue that's holding the mesh bandage in place. But there wasn't any pain.

I have my first post-op follow up tomorrow morning! I can't wait to see what she says and to see what level of activity I can have back! I really REALLY want to drive! I miss driving! I need to go to the library to pick up a few books I have on hold. And honestly, to just get out of the damn house. Lol.

Mom is going away for 5 days this week/weekend so Dad is taking us out to dinner. He does this every time she goes away. I think he gets lonely sometimes. So Friday I get to have a nice prime rib. I'm going to cut it and my sides in half and ask for a box right away. I'll put it on the seat next to me or something so that it's not staring me in the face. That way I'll have lunch or dinner for Saturday. Lol.

Okay, some simple goals today!

JFT, 3/3/20

- Log all my food! The good, bad, and ugly!
    - Write 1 chapter
    - March challenge
    - Figure out a healthy dinner

Woah what did I miss? Operation? Xx
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Friday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Review plans.
    2. Before school: Check class websites. Update directions on website. Return work.
    3. Class A: Begin character presentation project. NoRedInk practice. Proofreading. Sign up for food.
    4. Class B: Type character presentation project. NoRedInk practice. Writing grammar.
    5. Planning: Enter grades. Calculate poetry test grades and enter. Review and adjust plans. Update Goodreads.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Run - 3.5 miles. Play practice. Take poetry projects to play practice. Yoga with core/balance work. Email B. Email student. Message Z.
    8. Chop celery. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth.
    10. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table and check with home repair contractors. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Create test for infographics and visual information. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Tuesday - HVV to VVH; add direct address.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    End of 2019: 196.4
    End of January: 194.6
    End of February: 196.2
    Today: 194.6

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to discussion board for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week - Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Apr 30 8 AM but check on meetings and RS. Onco Apr ???. PCP Schedule for July. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: 1984.
    8. House: Crawl space repairs. After that - siding? Or perhaps bathroom floor.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy new bikes and bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.
    11. Family: Find cousin photos.

WFTY: Progress. I'm enjoying The Namesake a lot, and I hope I get to use it when we add the world literature class.
  • SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    THURSDAY:
    - book fair visit🟢
    - Laundry🟢
    - Dishes🟢
    - Stay green🔴
    - Go for a walk🔴
    - Grocery shop🟢
    - Clean and plan table set up for hubby’s bday dinner.🟢
    - Order gifts for hubby and for a baby shower this weekend.🟢

I got a lot done yesterday, but wasn’t able to track my food and I doubt I stayed green without getting a walk in. I actually just ordered myself a cheap “Fitbit”. I’m really curious how much walking I do when I’m in the classroom or when I’m doing a deep clean like I did yesterday. I don’t think it will make a big difference in my calorie goal because my profile is already set up as lightly active, but I’ve been curious. 🤔

JFT FRIDAY:
    - subbing for kindergarten today
    - Laundry
    - Dishes
    - Stay green
    - Make pizza
    - Remeber no meat today
    - Continue deep clean to prep for party
    - Order bday cake
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good morning, it's finally Friday!!

Yesterday 3/5:

1. Log all food😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😁
    3. Go for walk😁
    4. Finish work at 5:20😁
    5. Do workout😑 I didn't do the workout I planned, but got in an unplanned one when I had car trouble and had to walk home 50 minutes with my heavy purse. Car seems to be fine now, but that walk was more tiring than I expected!

JFT 3/6:

1. Log all food
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Go for walk
    4. Finish work at 5:20
    5. Load dishwasher
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    ☘️ St Patrick’s Day Challenge ☘️
    Starts on Monday 17 February
    Ends on Sunday 16 March (29 days)
    Earn one ☘️ for every day in the green.

Aubrette: (aubyshortcake)
    ☘☘☘☘☘️ (Feb 17,18,19,24,27)
    ☘️☘️☘☘
    Mar: 2,3,4,5

Terri: (TerriRichardson112)
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️ Feb: 17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️
    (Mar: 1,2,3,4,5,

Gwen: (beachwalker)
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️ (Feb 17,18,19,20,21,24,25,26,27,29
    ☘️☘️☘️
    Mar: 1,2,3,

Hannah: (HEGoddard)
    ☘️ (Feb 26,
    ☘️
    (Mar: 1,

Carmela: (cschmitz110515)
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️ (Feb 17,18,19,21,25,27
    ☘️☘️☘️
    Mar: 1,2,3,

Jennifer: (jeschepp)
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️ (Feb 17,18,19,20,21,22,25,26,27
    ☘️☘️☘️
    (Mar: 1,2,3

Lisa: (SERmom3)
    ☘☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️
    (Feb 17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,
    ☘️
    Mar: 2,
    Jen: (withgoodfirm)
    (Feb

Joan: (mytime6630)
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️ (Feb 17,18,19, 22,24,25,26

Tracie: (Snowflake1968)
    ☘️☘️☘️ (Feb 19,22,25

ZizzyBumble
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️
    (Feb 17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,29,
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️
    Mar: 1,2,3,4,5,

Nikki: (pridesabtch)
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️ (Feb 18,19,20,22,25,

Bookmeister
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️ (Feb 17,20,24,26,
    ☘️
    Mar: 2

Please check that I haven’t missed any shamrocks for February.

Just to clarify things, being in the green means being under or at your calorie goal for the day. If you are under goal, you get a green figure, hence ‘in the green’
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!

It's been an exceptionally busy week of very long days, and I've been too wiped out at the end to really gather my thoughts for a post. But I have been reading your posts and keeping you all in my thoughts.

Didn't finish setting goals yesterday and took a rest day from exercise, but I logged and stayed under my calorie limit. Bumped household chores for online work and student conferences, so I have more to do today. Complicating matters is the recent directive from our college president to prepare online coursework in case we need to shut down classes for a while because of coronavirus. So it looks like it'll be a busy weekend.

@jeschepp - I've been making progress on my sleep challenge, wrapping up my online work and starting to wind down at a reasonable time most nights this week, My schedule is very uneven this semester, so it's been harder to keep to a regular schedule for going to bed and waking up. But I've been getting to bed earlier and more consistently this week, so that's a win!

JFT Goals for Friday, March 6, 2020
    • Complete food log and maintain a calorie deficit
    • Gym/walk outdoors 30+ min
    • Make appts: vet, salon
    • Bank/bills
    • Pick up groceries
    • Finish laundry (one more load to go)
    • Clean up kitchen
    • Straighten house for weekend
    • Grading

March sleep challenge
    • Goal – 7 hours of rest (1,4,5)
    o 10:30 PM – start to wind down (1,3,4,5)
    o 11:30 PM – lights out (1,2,3,4,5)
    o 6:30 AM – up and ready to start the new day (1,2,3)

@TerriRichardson112 - Shamrocks for the 4th and 5th please! Thanks!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,489 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Recap R 3/5
    1) X-trained (weights/circuit) before work :smiley:
    2) Change clothes & Turtle School by noon for workplace lunchtime hike (hope rain stops) = Changed location to stay out of wind & in woods. Melty/icy snow not "snowshoe worthy" per leader Sue. Saw lots of trees tapped and stopped in maple syrup shack after for little tour. Hiked 0.96 mi. Fitbit 11,082 steps, 250+ 14/14 boom! 40 floors :smiley: happy me!
    3) Lunch at desk / leftovers for supper / NO snacking after choir / net calories green / 14c water = Had to change up supper slightly as hubby ate up some of the leftovers, but did ok on the fly. Weighed foods again o:) net cals green :smiley: sodium green :smiley: sugar -29 :( fiber & protein excellent, 11c water :/
    4) Confirm ins. coverage on mammo :) / schedule mammo :) / update budget s/s :) / contact 91.1 :) / bday card (60) for oldest brother :) / upload SSN stmt to Mike :/ forgot / other to-do's? washed dishes :smiley: read from pile :)
    5) Unplug 9:00 :) / floss :) / retainers :) / bed & no tv 10:00 :neutral: 10:30? (F workout?)

JFT TGIF! 3/6
    1) Net calories green / 14c water
    2) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    3) Walk dog after work
    4) Complete G-PT fieldwork / weekly status updates / clear inbox backlog
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & no tv 10 (hubby going Sat.?)

Sat. going to visit parents & aunt, who returns end of March to Australia to be with her hubby for few months. Not sure if I'll get up early (really want to sleep in for once) to walk dog before I go. It's a 90 min. drive one way, so will be very sedentary day, but well worth it. Mom is 83 & dad 85, and still living in home I grew up in, so know I have to enjoy these opportunities while I can. <3

Shamrock Challenge: 10X (17,18,19,21,25,27,1,2,3,5)

@TerriRichardson112 please shamrock me for March 5

2020 Goals
    1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19)
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up) = 2.1.20 / 2.29.20
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum = Frenzy on the Fox 5K 49:36 ave. pace 15:29 / Seroogy's Valentine 5K 46:26.7 ave. pace 14:47
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement = basement (boxes) Jan. / home office desk (some) & more basement boxes Feb. / basement boxes Mar.
    Word for 2020: Persist
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options

THURSDAY:
    1. Weigh in :)
    2. 10,000 steps :(
    3. 5 freggies :)
    4. 10C liquids :)
    5. walk on at least one work :)
    6. get some activity after work :(
    7. 6 hrs sleep :)

FRIDAY:
    1. Weigh in
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. 5 freggies
    4. 10C liquids
    5. walk on at least one work
    6. rest
    7. 6 hrs sleep
  • osier5
    osier5 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    3/5
    1. Log all food - yes
    2. Eat only plant foods - yes

I was able to meet the two goals yesterday so I will try them again today.

3/6
    1. Log all food
    2. Eat only plant foods
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Friday 6 March

Log :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg >:)
    Water >:)
    Fitbit exercise goals :)

Another day of decluttering for my parents. As @cschmitz110515 recognised; it is using calories but I’m not drinking enough as I’m distracted. I’m also not planning food well enough hence not eating my 5 fruit and veg.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,765 Member
    Options
    @SERmom3 - I want a Leaf fitness tracker. I used to have a Fitbit but developed an allergy to the band. I also need something that tracks without depending on my arm moving, a lot of steps I get in at work involves pushing wheelchairs so a Fitbit doesn’t work. I have been using my phone and getting about 2500 steps in most days which isn’t bad since I sit at a desk for more than 95% of my job.

@MomToTheTenthPower - does your screen name mean you have 10 children?

• osier5
    osier5 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    3/6
    1. Log all food - yes
    2. Eat only plant foods - yes

3/7
    1. Walk/run 8 miles
    2. Eat plant foods
    3. Log everything I eat
    4. Finish weeding the garden
  • jeschepp
    jeschepp Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Sorry I disappeared yesterday. I had a dr. appt in the afternoon and I decided to swing through a fish and chips place that was right by the clinic afterwards. I allowed myself a treat meal, came home and ate it and then passed out-carb coma! Then I woke up in the evening, finished some work and went back to bed. Today I have felt off. I think having some days that threw my routine off this week really got to me. I am heading to bed now (on time!) and will get back on track tomorrow. I didn't realize how stabilizing my new routines are. Also! I have a phone meeting with the recruiter from my job offer. Never had the first meeting with a recruiter, so I'll have to look up what to expect. Happy weekend all!

@TerriRichardson112 Shamrock me for today (6th) please!
    @SERmom3 I have a cheap Fitbit and I love it. It does everything I need it to. Let me know what you think!
    @beachwalker99 That is amazing! You should be so proud of your progress-nice job! I have had some ups and downs. Overall, I am much more mindful of my evening time and turning off screens earlier. I am definitely heading to bed sooner. I have gotten up with my 6am alarm every day but one. I have a hard time with progress over perfection, and I'm focusing on the fact that I'm not perfect yet, which is hard. I need to let go and focus on the small steps that will get me there. Thanks for being my partner in this!
    @HEGoddard0928 Great news all around! Take care of yourself and so glad everything came back clear!

Just for Today-Friday
    go to bed between 9-10 (previous night) ✅
    1/2 report ❌
    catch up all February notes ✅
    drink 80 oz water ✅
    Do dishes ❌
    Tidy up for 15 minutes ❌
    Meet daily recs for the 5 food groups ✅
    Stay in the green (1.2-1.4k calories) ✅
    Track food, exercise, water, daily goals, post on JFT ✅

Just for Today-Saturday
    go to bed between 9-10 (previous night)
    find the perfect suit for my interview
    print off some practice interview questions
    1 full report
    catch up all March notes
    drink 80 oz water
    Do dishes
    Tidy up for 15 minutes
    Meet daily recs for the 5 food groups
    Stay in the green (1.2-1.4k calories)
    Track food, exercise, water, daily goals, post on JFT
  • asthesoapturns
    asthesoapturns Posts: 313 Member
    Options

JFT Friday

Going to my parents' place to pick up a package so I have minimal expectations. It's a 2hrs or so commute from work.

Log food <3
    Stay green <3

Managed to eat fish and chips and stay well in the green. Saying that I did peel of the skin. Still feel a bit gross, but that was my fault eating carrot salad. I was hungry and stupid.

JFT Sat

Weigh in day, weight self in A.M
    Log food
    Stay green
    Try core/legs work out
    Walk 10k
    Sweep
    Do a load of laundry
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    Saturday March 7