Can you lose weight by just eating really healthy?

Options
2»

Replies

• missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Weight loss = eating less calories than your body burns. Always.
    Good nutrition is necessary to be healthy. Moderation of all foods is beneficial for me, and helpful for my long term goals. I don’t deny any food, but I do limit quantities of food, fitting it into my calories for each day.
  • xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    For the past week and half I’ve been eating really healthy.Allot of fruits and vegetables and lean protein like chicken and also soup too on occasion with healthy cereal in the morning. I have also been portioning out cereal but other then that I haven’t been counting calories.i have been adding a little olive oil when sautéing my veggies but not allot .i haven’t noticed allot of difference on scale in the past week a lost 2 pounds but recently gained one pound , which is fustrating for me .However , my skin looks better and my anxiety has gotten allot better and my digestion is really good and I just feel better .i haven’t been really counting calories but eventually do you think I will lose weightBy the way I’m 28 year old female I’m 5’3 and weigh 176.5 pounds

Wow we have similar stats: I'm 26, F, 5’ 4” and 156lbs. Yes you can lose the initial weight without tracking calories. I went from 185lbs to 150 lbs a few years ago without counting calories. What I did do was cut down on carbs which I assume is what helped me to create the deficit. Also it takes up to six weeks to see a weight loss trend for us girls because of our cycle so just hold on. So to answer your question- YES, it is possible. Some people who only need to track their calories for a month and then eye ball everything and lose weight just fine after. You don’t need to use a scale, plenty of people lose weight without it. With the last 10-15 lbs you will probably need a scale though but we will see how you get on.