Is there a way to save or bookmark discussions you've joined in so it's easy to find them later?

Options
cherys
cherys Posts: 387 Member
Hi
I'm fairly new here. I know there's a section for discussions I've started so it's easy to find if anyone has added to them, but is there something similar for threads you contribute to, started by other people? There are a couple of chats I was really enjoying but now can't find and am not even sure what section they were in, or what they were called.
Thanks

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,012 Member
    Options
    Click the star on the right side of the title.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    You can also go to your profile notifications page by clicking your username and then "See all" and then click on "replies" here: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/profile/comments/cherys/13918261 and it will list your own past posts.
  • fdlewenstein
    fdlewenstein Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Another tool to add to my toolkit.
  • cherys
    Options
    Thank you so much! I'll do both from now on.
  • Wendyanneroberts
    Wendyanneroberts Posts: 270 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Mfp updated late, only deleated as explanation ready given.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    You used to be able to go to the search and enter your UserID into the search field but for some reason (for me at least) it only shows post prior to August last year now. Anyway the 'go to profile and click see all' option works perfectly fine.
  • cherys
    Options
    @cmriverside - thank you so much for providing that link. But to reach where it sends me, I always have to come back to this discussion board and click on the link you made. I have tried going into my profile but can't find a place to take me to the discussions I've joined. Would you mind telling me the steps you went through to arrive at the page you linked me to? Thanks so much. I really appreciate that you bothered to track it down for me.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,106 Member
    Options
    From the Community Section, not your profile

Web version click on the bell icon and then choose all notifications
    tf42on6aek32.png

Then click on Replies
    xj15p94tzzf8.png

In the app version you can do it by using the Search facility and searching by your own username and choosing an appropriate date range (I usually just use within "3 days" of "Today"

• tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Danp wrote: »
    You used to be able to go to the search and enter your UserID into the search field but for some reason (for me at least) it only shows post prior to August last year now. Anyway the 'go to profile and click see all' option works perfectly fine.

Think they changed something recently, I now have to choose a date range to get the same view I used to get, otherwise it's all the weekly posts from one of the groups I run.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    oooh. I wanna know how you highlighted those parts of that screen shot....@tinkerbellang83
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    oooh. I wanna know how you highlighted those parts of that screen shot....@tinkerbellang83

Snipping Tool on Windows
  • cmriverside
    edited March 2020
    Options

Snipping Tool on Windows

That wasn't enough info but that's okay. I don't need to know.

*edit, oh there's a whole little video about Snip and Sketch. I use snip all the time, didn't know about the sketch part. :) Awesome.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    There's not really much more to say, Snipping Tool is an in-built tool in Windows. When you "screenshot" with it you can edit it with a highlighter, see below

3192hemqfaz3.png
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Oh, I just use old-school "insert screen clip" in OneNote. Thanks, tb.
  • DecadeDuchess
    DecadeDuchess Posts: 315 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I misread.
  • cherys
    Options
    I am learning so much on here! Thank you @tinkerbellang83