Victorious Vixens September Challenge (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Daily check-in:
    September 1, 2011:

Cals: under
    Daily exercise challenge: complete
    64 oz water: done
    mini-challenge: complet
  • change_happens
    Options
    Cals: well under
    64 oz water: at least... (because of a medical emergency I was not able to consume very much food or water today)
    mini-challenge: as soon as I find this mini challenge I will complete it. can't seem to locate it.
  • mrivera713
    mrivera713 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Cals: yes
    64 oz water: yes
    mini-challenge: working my way up to it... 1.08 today. I tried.... I will conquer this challenge... (Bear crawling for 3 minutes at a constant pace without cease)
  • kdoak87
    Options
    Daily check-in:
    September 1, 2011:

Cals: under
    Daily exercise challenge: done
    mini-challenge: done
  • tigersmoondiva
    tigersmoondiva Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Date Sept 1
    MFP Calorie goal: YES
    At least 64 oz water: YES
    Daily Exercise Challenge Completed: No (booooo) I'll do better today.
  • tigersmoondiva
    Options
    Oh yeah! Weight as of Sept 1st was 210.

Sorry I was absent yesterday.
  • change_happens
    Options
    There was a question about the challenges that are currently happening in the August challenge.

Gary has a three pronged approach (and sometimes a four pronged approach!)

"Prong 1": One point for doing all of the below. I think it's per member, an extra 5 points to the entire team if EVERYONE on the team meets all of the requirements of "Prong 1" EVERYDAY
    Meet but do not exceed your daily calorie goals, as determined by MFP.
    Drink 64 oz water
    Do your daily exercise....this is the exercise routine that is set by you. For example, if you decide to exercise M-W-F then you commit to keeping to that schedule. There is always the question of whether you eat back your exercise calories...it's up to you....but do not exceed your calorie goal.

"Prong 2": Daily exercise Challenges. These are IN ADDITION to your regular exercise routine. The following list is this week's daily challenges from Gary current August challenge. If EVERYONE on the team does ALL of the DAILY challenges, then the entire team is awarded an extra 5 points at the end of the week.

AUGUST CHALLENGE WEEK #3: RISE OF THE MACHINES!
    This is the week three team challenge. This should be done in addition to your normal workout
    routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement! If you need a beginner workout please contact
    your team captain for ideas.
    Week Three Daily Exercise Challenge
    Daily Exercise = 1 point per member per day. If everyone does it you will be awarded a 5 point bonus for
    the team!
    WELCOME BACK FROM YOUR DAY OF REST WE’RE STARTING WEEK #2 YOU ARE NO LONGER
    ROCKSTARS YOU’VE MOVED ON TO BEAST MODE!
    Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 50 Squat Kicks* and 3 sets of 12 Woodchops
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkhATg1-b9g&feature=relmfu )
    Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 50 Military Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk,run + 3 sets of 21’s
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9WeqqMeJAM&feature=related )
    Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 200 Jumping Jacks + 100 Mountain Climbers + 20 Lunges
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )
    Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 3 sets of 21’s + 200 Jumping Jacks + 3 sets of 12 woodchops
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLcsg-5Dw8 ) 21’s The video is a little long sorry.
    Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 100 AB Crunches + 50 Burpees (Oh yes they are back) Up/Downs
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKKKNR5USXc )
    Day 6 Exercise Challenge – Walk, run, swim, jog, bike 2 miles today. That’s it you’ve kicked your own
    butt this week!
    Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!

"Prong 3": Additional Weekly Team Challenge. Gary raises the bar by throwing down an ADDITIONAL weekly challenge. This week's challenge is below, to provide an example.

Week Three Weekly Team Challenge
    Team Challenge as a team to do at least 4000 ab crunches for the week. So a team of 20 would need
    each person to do 200 Crunches extra for the week. Let’s burn that belly fat away!
    *Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best
    as you are much stronger than you believe.
    Please note each week the exercises will increase in difficulty. This will push each team member.
    Modifications will be provided for those who unable to complete the exercise as intended.

At first I thought the additional challenges were a bit intimidating, but I've found them to be completely doable...

HTH!

Kim (maroon98)

Hi. Am I missing something? This challenge started September 1st.... right?
  • change_happens
    Options
    Hi Gang,
    Since September starts in the middle of the week, Gary sent out a modified schedule to accommodate the "short" week.

THESE ARE THE BASIC EXERCISES for Week 1. gary will post more youtube videos tomorrow.

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 1 – PYGMY SERIES
    This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine. This is a challenge and is not a replacement!
    Week One Daily Exercise Challenge
    Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.
    WELCOME BACK FROM YOUR DAY OF REST WE’RE STARTING WEEK #1 YOU ARE A PYGMY WARRIOR!
    Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 30 Squat Kicks* and 50 Jumping Jacks
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )
    Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk or run (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwzaUXK6gs) * You may use cans of soup, tomato juice or bottles of water if u don’t have weights
    Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Crunches* + 20 Mountain Climbers
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )
    Day 4 REST YOU DESERVE IT!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise! *********
    Week One Weekly Team Challenge
    Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points.
    *Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.

THESE ARE THE ADVANCED EXERCISES! Gary will post more youtube videos soon.

SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 1 – BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced)
    Week One Daily Exercise Challenge
    Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.
    Welcome to 300 Week You will do 6 exercises at 50 reps as quickly as possible 3 times this week. These are not to be broken up into segments. You are the BUSHMEN it’s time to push yourself!
    Day 1 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
    Day 2 - 2 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 2 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 2 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 2 sets of 15 Shoulder Shrugs (weighted)
    Day 3 - 50 Squat Kicks, 50 Jumping Jacks , 50 Crunches, 50 Mountain Climbers, 50 Wood Chops and last but not least 50 Globe Jumps!
    Day 4 - REST YOU DESERVE IT!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********
    Week One Weekly Team Challenge
    Each team member in order to get the weekly team bonus points must all log every day and not go over their target calories and log at least 64 oz. of water each day. If each team member does this all 6 days your team will be awarded 5 Bonus Points. *Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best as you are much stronger than you believe.

Go Victorious Vixens! We are going to ROCK September!!

FOUND IT! :) AND I have completed the task today.
    I have not gone over my target calories.
    I have had 64 oz of water.
    I have completed the exercises for today.
  • CNParker
    CNParker Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Daily check-in:
    September 2, 2011:

Under cals: Complete
    Daily exercise challenge: Complete
    64 oz water: Complete
    Mini Challenge: Complete
  • maroon98
    Options
    Daily check-in:
    September 2, 2011:

Mini Challenge: Complete

You are a rock star!! Just for clarification, the mini-challenge is ONE TIME only (it was not intended to be done everyday). Sorry about the confusion!
  • maroon98
    Options
    Hi Gang,
    We have completed DAY 1 of the September TRIBAL Challenge!!! We are fabulous!!! Victorious Vixens! Yeah!!!

Just for clarification, the mini-challenge is ONE TIME only this week. So if you did it last night, then you're done with the mini-challenge! You just need to continue the daily exercise challenges in ADDITION to your individual exercise routine, sticking to your MFP calorie goal, and drinking your 64 oz of water.

Gary has started a blog that will be a MUCH easier reference for the daily exercise challenges....and it includes a video link to each exercise. Here's the link to the blog: http://mfpchallenges.blogspot.com/2011/09/september-challenge-week-2-pygmy-series.html

Keep up the GREAT work!!!

Cheers!
  • change_happens
    Options
    Cals: well under
    64 oz water: at least... (because of a medical emergency I was not able to consume very much food or water today)
    mini-challenge: as soon as I find this mini challenge I will complete it. can't seem to locate it.

I completed the bear walk late last night.... done!

Also... for today... everything... done!

Day 2 – 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers
  • realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Daily check-in:
    September 2, 2011:

64 oz water: Complete x2
  • sknopps
    sknopps Posts: 166
    Options
    Check In:

9-2-11

Under cals: yes
    Challenge completed
  • maroon98
    Options
    Hi Gang,
    A clarification...the exercises posted on Gary's blog are for NEXT WEEK. Week 2 of the September TRIBAL challenges starts on MONDAY. Sunday is a rest day for the challenge...if you normally do your own exercise routine on Sundays, then you should continue to do so.

ALSO--please give me your weekly weigh-in's by MIDNIGHT on Sundays. You can either post them to the thread or PM them to me.

Everyone is working their butts off!!! Yeah!! (Insert fist pump here).

Go Team VV!!!

Cheers,
    Kim
  • maroon98
    Options
    daily Check-in:
    Cals: Under
    Daily exercise challenge: done
    64 water: Yes!

Go Team VV!!
  • CNParker
    CNParker Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    So does it matter if we do PYGMY SERIES or BUSHMEN SERIES ?
  • Mios3
    Mios3 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Daily check-in:
    September 2, 2011:

• mikeyken
    mikeyken Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Guys I am sorry about the first 2 days. Had trouble finding the thread. Stepping it up today and won't drag you down any more :)
  • tigersmoondiva
    Options
    Mini Challenge: - nope - I TRIED though - however after 2 hours of roller skating I am seriously beat.