Name one food item that you stopped eating

Options

Replies

• ingeborgv
    ingeborgv Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Fruit juice. I've never been one to drink a lot of juice, but I certainly prefer eating my fruits to drinking my calories (unless they are alcoholic). So I just quit, and haven't missed it one bit.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I would of said bacon and chicken wings but today was the first time in 110 days since i started on here that i ordered a pizza with bacon on it and there were wings. I had 3 wings and 1 and 1/2 pizza slices. It was pretty good, I am not going to lie.
  • Ballard12
    Options
    Wienerschnitzel and Caffeine Drinks.... I love flavored waters, diet cherry 7up, Diet Caffeine free Dr. Pepper, and Mug Root beer is worth the calories!
  • leilani♥
    Options
    Alcohol... I used to drink at least once a week. Now I have alcohol once a month.
  • kallibrae
    kallibrae Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking alcohol and avoid fast food at all costs.
  • Soccer_chick916
    Soccer_chick916 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Soda and chocolate
  • akashastrega
    Options
    I have many food allergies, so I have had to stop eating many things over the years (or find a substitute)...my problem was always portion size.
    If it tasted good, I ate the WHOLE thing, and sometimes went back for seconds.
    So I have not stopped eating anything for the sake of dieting, but I am learning MODERATION over gluttony.

PS--Bear, I am sorry you had to quit eating poop, according to my dogs, that is a very tasty treat!!
  • llachoix
    Options
    I haven't stopped much but whatever good I adjusted the quatity, in part because of the awareness, and in part because Ihave to run/burn whatever I eat above my target... Trade-off is a good way to proceed. But I have to say that McDonald's is nolonger worth the run to burn it...
  • FitasBarbie
    FitasBarbie Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Chips, fast foods, Rice(except brow rice once in awhile),ramen noodles, ice cream, pastries, cookies, chocolates....
  • Chezza021
    Chezza021 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've greatly reduced certain foods that I used to eat frequently but I can't think of anything that I have completely given up. Things I used to eat regularly that I have had only a few times since I've adjusted my eating are white rice, flour tortillas, donuts, fast foods, and soda.

Me too.... I think that if I thought I had to quit something completely I would want it more. Have changed 'white' to 'brown and wholegrain' but other than that I still have the occasional treat... nothing I can see wrong with that.
  • carrot cake...and I miss it like crazy
  • mrselbow
    mrselbow Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    McDonalds and other similar take away joints. I'm feeling so much better since just changing that!
  • suzieduh
    suzieduh Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Bachelors Super Noodles (mild curry)
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Sugary non-dairy drinks. I mean coke and juice. No need for them. I now drink coffee, water, water with lemon, and dairy drinks (milk or kefir).
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    I'm sitting here wondering but honestly haven't cut much.

What I have done is LIMIT things and I'm more active even when I don't ride I'm concious to do 'something' not just sit on my backside.

Still have a treat night once a week with my girls but I limit it now. I have added certain things.. like having half a plate of salad with meals more often now. I drink more water but do have the odd diet coke in the evening.

I know i'd lose faster if I didn't eat bad things, but this is a life long change for me this time. I'm not 'dieting' I'm not on a health 'kick' this is my life. I have come to realise over the last year I can NEVER ignore the scales or what I eat again. It just doesn't work for me. So... I'm now in a range that I haven't been for 14 odd years, those 14 years have been a time of yo-yo dieting on my behalf I never sustain. I'm 9 months in from my new 'lifestyle' now and I'm still here. :)
  • JCubbins
    Options
    Instead of banning, I made substitutions: I sometimes go to KFC instead of McDonald's (chicken tastes better and has more protein), I switched Lays for nuts and dried fruits, milk chocolate has been swapped for dark 70-80% chocolate <3 and meaty thick crust pizzas for thin crust veggie pizzas. :D
  • AtticusFinch
    AtticusFinch Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    High calorie pasties

I thought pasties were those things that strippers put on their nipples??? I don't eat those anymore either.

Americans! Let me learn ya

6646262_7081.jpg

I've only had one in 4 months :sad:
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    2 minute noodles (or ramen noodles) I LOVE them but they are so, so, so bad for you.
  • adross3
    adross3 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    It's a combo. footlong chile cheese coney and tater tots. My tounge feels coated right now just thinking about it.
  • spyork
    spyork Posts: 187
    Options
    Just ONE???

Ice cream (sorry Ben and Jerry), I've cut back on my bread intake too.