what program to do after stronglifts 5x5 for building muscle?

I now want to build muscle and biceps. Did 5x5 stronglifts for 6 months. What's the next most appropriate program for me to follow

Replies

• cupcakesandproteinshakes
    cupcakesandproteinshakes Posts: 1,092 Member
    I did thinner leaner stronger after stronglifts. Then the bridge. Then strong curves then PHUL.

I found it hard to progress on PHUL so I switched to an RPE based programme from Eric helms muscle and strength training pyramids. I’m making progress on all my lifts again. I’m also bulking atm.

I really don’t know if my choices have been perfect but I have enjoyed all of the programmes. My goals are hypertrophy.
  • wiigelec
    wiigelec Posts: 503 Member
    Any specific objections to Wendler’s “Building the Monolith” program?
  • wiigelec
    Since you’ve been waiting patiently for answers, what program have you been running in the interim?
  • chromilo
    chromilo Posts: 33 Member
    I did Stronglifts for 6-8months, then Wendler, Texas Method, and now on PHUL. Each program was for 6-8 months as well before I moved on to the next program.
  • wiigelec
  • fitpal02020
    fitpal02020 Posts: 193 Member
    wiigelec wrote: »

i am not looking for a maybe program. i am asking for what is the best program to do after doing stronglifts?
    when will I get to working on terms like chest day, leg day etc and every other exercise that normal guys at the gym are doing where as I am stuck with 3 exercises since past 6 months..
  • fitpal02020
    I did thinner leaner stronger after stronglifts. Then the bridge. Then strong curves then PHUL.

I found it hard to progress on PHUL so I switched to an RPE based programme from Eric helms muscle and strength training pyramids. I’m making progress on all my lifts again. I’m also bulking atm.

I really don’t know if my choices have been perfect but I have enjoyed all of the programmes. My goals are hypertrophy.

are you a man or woman? did you read my post? my goals are: build muscle and burn fat. Please confirm if these programs you are suggesting will help my achieve my goals?
  • fitpal02020
    hey @DancingMoosie my thread is reactivated. please recommend a program as you had said you were going to.
  • wiigelec
    The two I gave you are the best. Only do building the monolith 2 to 3 times a year. Do hardgainer the rest of the time.

Start tomorrow and look forward to your results!
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    cupcakesandproteinshakes Posts: 1,092 Member
    Here’s my programme. It’s a 5 day split lower upper legs push pull. It’s from a skeleton template ( the intermediate hypertrophy template) in the book ‘muscle and strength training pyramids’

You need to read the book though. Don’t just copy mine. I picked the lifts I like doing. That’s how the template is designed.
  • fitpal02020
    The two I gave you are the best. Only do building the monolith 2 to 3 times a year. Do hardgainer the rest of the time.

wait, which one? what do you mean ' building the monolith'? do you mind explaining in non technical terms please?
  • fitpal02020
    jonmarrow wrote: »

are you a man or woman? did you read my post? my goals are: build muscle and burn fat. Please confirm if these programs you are suggesting will help my achieve my goals?

If your goal is hypertrophy then yes what I am doing will achieve that. It has some lovely bro type isolation moves and some compounds. I’m gonna take a picture of the programme for you. But you need to but the book and educate yourself.

I’m a girl. That’s irrelevant though.

kind of relevant as your weights are going to be different and progress is going to be different than me.
    not you're what you mean by hypertrophy. not what I'm looking for. thanks though
  • fitpal02020

very confusing program.

Warm-Up: Agile 8 and Box Jump x 10 total reps

Main Lift: Squat

Warm-up
    70% x 5
    80% x 5
    90% x 5+ (PR set)
    70% x 20 reps (widowmaker set)
    Assistance:

Dip, push-up, or dumbbell bench/incline/press (choose one) – 50-100 total reps
    Pull-up, row, lat pulldown, inverted row, curl, shrug (choose one) – 50-100 total reps
    Any abdominal, low back, single-leg movement, kettlebell swing, kettlebell snatch (choose one) – 50-100 total reps

none of this makes sense. what does 70%x5 mean? i am confused. how can you suggest such a hard program for me when I am still struggling with stronglifts.
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Do you not like the responses you've already received? Is there something that's not being answered?
  • wiigelec
    Indeed my apologies a bit of background information is required:

https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/531-how-to-build-pure-strength
  • fitpal02020
    harper16 wrote: »
    Do you not like the responses you've already received? Is there something that's not being answered?

please provide a context for your response as its unclear what you are referring to