How Has the Coronavirus Affected You?

AquaMeow
AquaMeow Posts: 296 Member
Let me know how the Coronavirus is affecting you and your loved ones. With no school and many events canceled how are you deal with it? Also be sure not to panic.

Replies

• GettinLean19
    GettinLean19 Posts: 452 Member
    It’s really chapped my *kitten*

Literally
  • AquaMeow

Literally

Oh god..
  • GettinLean19
    AquaMeow wrote: »

Literally

Oh god..

Just summarizing what 70% of the comments will be 😁
  • GettinLean19
    Tbh not much happening here. Nothing is shut down, no shortages of anything, there’s just some talk about extending spring break two weeks
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Our first confirmed case came up sometime between yesterday and today. Panic already set in and all the toilet paper in almost all the stores around here has been bought out as well as all the disinfectants and wipes. Chicken was also surprisingly gone as well as tortillas and brioche bread. People are panicking and buying up random things, meanwhile the things I think you'd stock up on (pain meds and Kleenex) were still on the shelf.

Toilet-papergate has happened, people.

Mostly, I am concerned for some of my older relatives who live in higher population areas with more cases. My MIL who has issues even with minor infections most of us shrug off (she has a severe medical condition that complicates those kinds of things).

Otherwise, the area around here hasn't changed. A lot of the places I have rewards points or get letters from have issued general statements about how they plan to combat it with disinfectants and keeping on top of hygiene. One or two events have been rescheduled for later, but not cancelled. Just general preventative stuff.

• spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    It has taken away all the sports and the wagering that goes along with that.
  • GettinLean19
    spade117 wrote: »
    It has taken away all the sports and the wagering that goes along with that.

You should invest all those savings in the stock market, you’ll make a killing!
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,308 Member
    Don't go out much nor travel.. staying calm at the moment.. still waking up in the morning..go to work.. go buy lunch at local stores like I normally do. Etc.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited March 2020
    It hasn’t affected me or anyone I know.

They only thing is I get bad minded when I see people coughing and sneezing in the air. Like the man who came over to fix the stove today. I wanted to chuck something at his —- skurrr no violence allowed.

• GettinLean19
    I bought an extra big box of coffee.

I struggled to continue watching the walking dead around the time they ran out of coffee. It pained me too much to imagine
  • amree73
    amree73 Posts: 9 Member
    I am in Southern Arizona and there is no TP anywhere! Not the regular grocery stores, not at the cvs I was just at, not at the Natural Grocers that I shop at!! I have some, we have five in our house so I usually have some extra but dang!! All the "staples" are low or gone such as soup, broth, cleaning supplies, etc.

All the community events have been canceled and my kids school start spring break after school today and the break may be extended into April!

We have been sick with a cold but we are ok~
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    My employer is making preparations for working from home, my bank has talked about possible closures, people are buying up everything including dumb stuff, I remain disgustingly healthy, and everyone is worried.
  • EpilepsyWarrior
    EpilepsyWarrior Posts: 56 Member
    Someone offered 100 bucks for our 1 bag of toilet paper lol Took 3 stores to get it and it was the last bag. The panic buyers, school being closed for 3 weeks, and even some businesses are closeing are whats affecting my city most right now.
  • amree73
    amree73 Posts: 9 Member
    Besides my kids having to stay home for two weeks, not at all. I'll have to do some extra work with my youngest at night on this homework, but I do that anyway. My kids are older so they can stay home by themselves, but my husband is also a teacher. And yes, I'm super annoyed that he gets a 2 week vacation.

Still business as usual. I'm not doing anything different. Still dining out, still going to the gym, still going to work.

My husband is a high school teacher We are hoping school does not get closed down!
  • AquaMeow
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I just went to the grocery store.

I didn't even need to buy anything.

I just went to 'hit on' all of the panicked housewives.

Lmaooo best thing ever
  • AquaMeow
    amree73 wrote: »
    Besides my kids having to stay home for two weeks, not at all. I'll have to do some extra work with my youngest at night on this homework, but I do that anyway. My kids are older so they can stay home by themselves, but my husband is also a teacher. And yes, I'm super annoyed that he gets a 2 week vacation.

Still business as usual. I'm not doing anything different. Still dining out, still going to the gym, still going to work.

My husband is a high school teacher We are hoping school does not get closed down!

The schools in the city where I am are all closed down until April 1