How Has the Coronavirus Affected You?

Options

Replies

• Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    All I know that in addition to TP, people in my town are apparently hoarding bananas. I’ve been to 4 stores looking for them and they are wiped out and it’s annoying. People need to calm down.

I'm in NC, and my store had only one bunch left.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    I work in a major hospital ER and we have dealt with it already. A lot of the statistics and articles about death rates and young and healthy people dying are false. I have to work . No option to stay home.

How do you feel about bananas ?
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Bananas 🍌- Some folks freeze them use them in protein shakes to bannana nut breads. Guess that’s what they want to live off if for the next year. Hubby said someone had a cart 🛒 full lol 😂 of Baking mix to nuts probably got bananas 🍌 next.

copk4i2kl91s.gif
  • mrschwarten
    mrschwarten Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Not too much affected. My state and city are leading the panic, but I go to school online and work from home anyways! No kids, and my husband's work is super secluded also. I'm just irritated that all the stores here are out of chicken wings! Yesterday, though, the travel ban for military families means I am stuck in this state 😔 I wasn't planning on traveling, of course, but to have it official is playing mind games. I think my graduation ceremony will be cancelled, so that's a big bummer. But otherwise, work and school proceeds like normal!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    All I know that in addition to TP, people in my town are apparently hoarding bananas. I’ve been to 4 stores looking for them and they are wiped out and it’s annoying. People need to calm down.

We have lots and lots of bananas. All green. I had no idea it might be from Corona.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

Diapers are a hot commodity here. I've seen people with cartloads of cases of diapers piled so high they can't see over them.

I had to go buy my dad's Ensure supply yesterday and, oddly enough, there was more of it on the shelf than normal.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    I work in a major hospital ER and we have dealt with it already. A lot of the statistics and articles about death rates and young and healthy people dying are false. I have to work . No option to stay home.

Props to you 🙏
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Schools have officially been shut down for the week as well as church activities on a campus I volunteer at. Supplies continue to be unavailable, despite the stores trying to keep things in stock.

So more or less being told I'm staying at home with my son for the next week. Kinda expected it, honestly. Time to catch up on reading again. :P
  • cmira5ol
    cmira5ol Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    Schools are cancelled, sport events are cancelled, had to cancel my daughters birthday party.

I typically work from home so now I’ll have to share the bandwidth 🤣
  • GettinLean19
    GettinLean19 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    xpkzrqp0anmw.jpeg
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    Options
    jm551km3h4x0.png
  • Diatonic12
    Options
    rjendnuwf98s.png
  • Diatonic12
    Options
    2o14bjtjmzke.png
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options

What resources do you have that is contradicting?