How Has the Coronavirus Affected You?

Replies

• Rhiwills76
    Rhiwills76 Posts: 32 Member
    edited March 2020
    Unable to get ibuprofen for horrific period pain and don't understand why the shelves are cleared of these as can't take them if have covid 19!!!
    Also starting to worry about my mum who has copd and is 65,she on the other hand has just gone on a weekend break mixing with hundreds of people!!!!!!
  • Emilyestelle1
    Emilyestelle1 Posts: 21 Member
    Yeah, there's no toilet paper anywhere, which is confusing considering it's a respiratory illness and doesn't cause diarrhea... I don't understand the panic-shopping logic. At least the hand sanitizer I can understand...
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    March 15 - 2nd Entry: Branched out and went to the local store to acquire tortillas. Was able to acquire a small stockpile, some meat and an avocado as well as cat litter and cat food. Still no TP in sight. No sanitizer, Kleenex, paper towels, baby wipes, chicken or shelf stable foods not in a can. Surprisingly, there were still eggs and regular milk, so I bought one each.

My kitties (and husband) are now prepared for quarantine if it happens. I don't live off of tortillas or cat food, so I am fine either way.

Also made prodigious use of the alcohol department and bought "supplies" for self-quarantine with an 8 year old.

Alcohol being on sale is literally the only good thing I've run across in this whole mess.

Now I must meal plan today with the supplies I have on hand and hope that the man who bagged my groceries at the store was incorrect and that the stores won't be shutting down soon or that we'll all be put on lock down.

They cant shut down the stores, can they?
    Thats when "stuff" is gonna get really ugly
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    Yeah, there's no toilet paper anywhere, which is confusing considering it's a respiratory illness and doesn't cause diarrhea... I don't understand the panic-shopping logic. At least the hand sanitizer I can understand...

Some have symptoms of diarrhea:

What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
    The most common symptoms of COVID-19 are fever, tiredness, and dry cough. Some patients may have aches and pains, nasal congestion, runny nose, sore throat or diarrhea. These symptoms are usually mild and begin gradually. Some people become infected but don’t develop any symptoms and don't feel unwell. Most people (about 80%) recover from the disease without needing special treatment. Around 1 out of every 6 people who gets COVID-19 becomes seriously ill and develops difficulty breathing. Older people, and those with underlying medical problems like high blood pressure, heart problems or diabetes, are more likely to develop serious illness. People with fever, cough and difficulty breathing should seek medical attention.

Source:
    https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/q-a-coronaviruses

Also, if you get quarantined, it becomes a sanitary issue so having enough TP is good. But, still doesn't mean hoarding like some people do with TP and hand santizer.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    If I go out today it will be to buy more chickens* because I didn’t have enough money with me yesterday to get as many as I wanted. I’ll also get a few more bags of food for them. I suppose I should figure out how to sustainably feed my flock without buying in.

*and to look for toilet paper.
    Please post a pic of your chickens ❤️
  • MrsDan1667
    MrsDan1667 Posts: 76 Member
    edited March 2020

I’ll offer up why I personally bought extra TP. On a normal month when kids are in school and DH is at work (I work from home) we go through 12 rolls. Again, that’s a typical month when they’re not home during the day.

NOW that we’re being told to stay inside for 3 weeks we are all home 24/7 instead of them being at school/work. Logic stands we’re going to need more than 12 rolls during this time.

That being said, I bought 2 extra packs of 12 rolls. What normally lasts us 3 months when they’re away from home hopefully will last us more than 3 weeks since we’re all here 24/7 for the foreseeable future. And if we end u not needing it all in that 3 week time then that’s awesome because I won’t have to buy any for April and possibly May.
  • AquaMeow
    AquaMeow Posts: 296 Member
    M0n1KCR wrote: »
    I'm in Spain. We are officially in lockdown for 14 days, starting today.

😱😭😭😭😭
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    M0n1KCR wrote: »
    I'm in Spain. We are officially in lockdown for 14 days, starting today.

@M0n1KCR since you’re so close to Portugal... anything happening there??
    I have a trip coming up.
  • riagan1
    riagan1 Posts: 12 Member
    Nothing, I tested positive for it, just felt like a cold. No one else in my family got it, I think people are overreacting. Ive had flu worse than this. And I'm fine now. Seriously out society is messed up.
  • riagan1
    riagan1 Posts: 12 Member
    Oh my phone voice text messing up, meant to say I was tested cause I had cold but was NOT positive and that flu is worse.
  • walterm852
    walterm852 Posts: 409 Member
    Its been a bit boring but shifting gears and taking care of this around the house. I have said I would love to "unplug" from tech and social media - this is given me a chance to reduce it - so I am up for it. Spring cleaning, home workouts :-)
  • that_night_in_paris
    that_night_in_paris Posts: 457 Member
    I'm talking to inanimate objects
  • that_night_in_paris
    that_night_in_paris Posts: 457 Member
    My grocery shopping list tomorrow is going to look very different (helloooo digiornos)
  • I'm scared there not going to be food on the shelves at stores to buy
  • SFJULES66
    SFJULES66 Posts: 168 Member
    Rhiwills76 wrote: »
    Unable to get ibuprofen for horrific period pain and don't understand why the shelves are cleared of these as can't take them if have covid 19!!!
    Also starting to worry about my mum who has copd and is 65,she on the other hand has just gone on a weekend break mixing with hundreds of people!!!!!!

I just read on CNN it has to do with exports. Ibuprofen is one of those drugs that come from other countries like India and there is potential for a shortage.
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    SFJULES66 wrote: »
    Rhiwills76 wrote: »

I just read on CNN it has to do with exports. Ibuprofen is one of those drugs that come from other countries like India and there is potential for a shortage.

I had a hard time finding ibuprofen at the stores. They had a ton of the $15 bottles which to me is ridiculously priced.
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    I'm finding myself on mfp wayyyy too much these past. 2 days 😅