Stocking up on what??

Options

Replies

• RiverInEgypt
    RiverInEgypt Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Nothing particular. We usually have well stocked staples cupboards.
  • MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    Canned foods and ammo...lol

lol we were just joking yesterday after we saw the craziness hit our area that we always have plenty of ammo we could trade for food...then today we see some idiot on our local shooters forum wanting to swap cheapo toilet paper for mags and accessories!! crazy world right now..
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    And all Gatorade
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Please don’t hoard! It doesn’t help anything and can hurt those who really need it. Yes you always need more than one roll of TP in the house but you don’t need dozens more than you normally keep on hand.

I, for one, am not. In fact, I only have a bit more than normal, of anything, on hand.
    When I went shopping this a.m., they had no disinfectant wipes at all and nothing even remotely close to it. No cleaning sprays with bleach in them. They didn't even have the dispensers placed out front when you go into the store, to grab a wipe to wipe your cart handle. As soon as I noticed that, I'm thinking uh-oh, this can't be good. But they're still loaded with most everything else. I did see 1 family shopping with 2 carts filled to the brim with t.p. and Ramen noodles. I picked up some Tylenol because we never have any on hand and figured this'd be as good a time as any to get some. I bought extra Benadryl for my dog who's suffering lately from her allergies. :( And dh asked me to pick up extra Cheetos and Swanson Pot Pies(gag) to stock the freezer with. :)

Hopefully, it'll be all unnecessary.
  • vollkornbloedchen
    vollkornbloedchen Posts: 2,243 Member
    Options
    If I would stock up anything it would be to prepare for the collapse of our economical system ...
    I would then stock up wares that the last time it collapsed in Europe (1920's and after WW II) replaced money as currency:
    Precious metals, jewelry, chocolate, coffee, gasoline (In this order).

And now I will sit down in front of the market watching people cartwheeling out brass, cheap watches, sweets and Nescafe ... pretending that they are fulfilling my "recommendation"
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,900 Member
    Options
    not stocking up on ammo - if I'm in isolation with my husband for 14 days, temptation to shoot him might be too great ;)

* joking. - I never buy ammo and do not own a gun.

My OH keeps joking about now being the time to get an AR-15. (I know he's joking because assault weapons are illegal to buy in our state. I'm former military and I'm happy with that.)
  • Priasmama416
    Priasmama416 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Rice, peanut butter, beans( canned and dry), tuna, soymilk, chicken, frozen vegetables, raisins, cereal, oats