Iam 131.3 kg 184 cm tall 125 waist size
Anyone has an idea about that ?
Should i Drink too much like 3 litre or
too little like 1 litre or less
or 2 litre is good ?

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    You might gain some temporary water retention weight from doing sports but it should help long term.

Unless your doctor is worried about your hydration it is best not to overthink it, imo. If your urine runs mostly clear from mid morning on you are hydrated. Thirst is usually a good guide. It is usually a good idea to hydrate in advance of thirst during periods of heavy sweating and alcohol consumption.

• saynow111
    saynow111 Posts: 125 Member
    Thank you
    Very grateful to you
  • PTA4LYF
    PTA4LYF Posts: 87 Member
    drinking water is vitally important i work in the health care profession as a physical therapist and it is a proven fact that you should drink half your body weight in ounces everyday to maintain normal body functions and proper liver and kidney function. so if you weigh 200 pounds then you should drink 100 ounces of water a day i dont know how to convert from kilograms hopefully you will be able to figure it out
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,525 Member
    edited March 2020
    PTA4LYF wrote: »
    drinking water is vitally important i work in the health care profession as a physical therapist and it is a proven fact that you should drink half your body weight in ounces everyday to maintain normal body functions and proper liver and kidney function. so if you weigh 200 pounds then you should drink 100 ounces of water a day i dont know how to convert from kilograms hopefully you will be able to figure it out

do you maybe have a link to a couple of studies for us?

Should I drink 78 oz of water today even after I drink my four 20 oz coffees (half regular and half decaf) that I have logged and eating the 650 g of yogurt and my 540 ml can of soup that I'm contemplating for a snack, not to mention the 450g of tomatoes, 74g onions, and 85g can of tuna and approximately 300g of apples I have already eaten?

I'm still working on the nighttime menu, but I think the above will go a long way towards providing any new water my body may require.

You're in Egypt OP. Australia is also fairly warm in terms of climate, so maybe their water recommendations will be close enough for your needs:

https://www.nrv.gov.au/nutrients/water
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,935 Member
    Wombat468 wrote: »
    It doesn't matter as long as your urine stays a pale colour. If it's bright or dark coloured you're dehydrated.

Your urine can be a bright color - practically neon - if you've consumed more of certain water-soluble vitamins than minimally necessary. B vitamins are notorious for this (it's not generally dangerous). Dark, AFAIK, is always a concern. Bright may not be.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    It doesn't matter as long as your urine stays a pale colour. If it's bright or dark coloured you're dehydrated.

Your urine can be a bright color - practically neon - if you've consumed more of certain water-soluble vitamins than minimally necessary. B vitamins are notorious for this (it's not generally dangerous). Dark, AFAIK, is always a concern. Bright may not be.

You know you've spent too much time with nurses when start comparing what causes an effect on the color of your urine... B1 and beet roots have a lovely effect for me. Neon yellow (and I mean bright neon, highlighter yellow) from the B1 and a lovely pink from the beet roots. Scared me the first time I saw it. Now I laugh about it. :tongue:

To OP:
    Also keep in mind that your urine will be darker in the morning and should progressively get lighter as you drink throughout the day.

If you have any underlying illnesses, you might want to check with your doctor how much you should be drinking.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

As a frequent consumer of nutritional yeast (high in B vitamins), I can attest to the truth of this. :D
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    PTA4LYF wrote: »

So in hot weather if an outdoor laborer and an indoor office worker both weight 200 pounds they each only need 100 ounces of water?