How Are You Staying on Track During All This?

Options
How are you staying on track during your voluntary (or otherwise) lockdown?

I am sooooo tempted to boredom eat, but I didn’t work my *kitten* off for a year and a half to revert to bad habits.

I made sure any foods I stocked up on were staples, and were comparatively healthy. Did not stock up on snacks, other than yogurt and cottage cheese. Outside of apples and oranges, if I want a snack, I will have to get up of my bottom and make it from scratch.

I’m cutting my calories down from 2300 to 1900 temporarily.

I usually do two mat classes a day. Doing those from home. Unfortunately they are generic versions for all levels and I’m finding it hard thus far to take modifications. Something about not having other people in the room, the change of environment, whatever, it uninspires me. The video class I did this afternoon was less than halfthe calorie burn I usually get.

Can’t go to the gym for weights and don’t have any at home, so will be using bands.

Am still able to walk or run, and have a great path adjacent to the house, but it has rained here every stupid day.

Have painted two rooms of the house already this week, and have supplies at hand to paint six more.

Trying not to turn into a calorie scarfing, snarling, nitpicking wife witch here, and stay “meaningful” and engaged.

And it’s only day 2. 😂

Replies

• MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Options
    For now I am. My wife had Fibromyalgia and was very sick 6 or 7 years ago. We changed what we ate, we changed how much we moved and together lost over 100 lbs. We have transitioned over to a Med Diet and haven't felt this good in over 20 years. She's nearly 59 (57 in that picture). People tell us we've "reverse aged". So yeah, we're keeping at it because we have to. It's more important than ever.

She likes videos (Fitness Blender a lot) and we have an Air Bike and a rower at home. So between that, walks and biking outside, we're able to stay in shape. I wouldn't have sweets in the house right now. I might be tempted to stress eat them.
  • wmweeza
    wmweeza Posts: 319 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I'm staying within my calorie goals in part because I know the line at the grocery store is INSANE....and they probably don't have what I'd need to replace what I eat. I have plenty in my house to last a few weeks, but if I start binging it won't last, so that makes it easy to stay on track.
    I'm cleaning out closets and playing with my dog mostly. My gym is closed as well so it's hand weights, lunges, and sit ups at home
  • deputy_randolph
    deputy_randolph Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I went on an hour and a half walk (in the country) with my kids in the am...went on another 40 minute hike with my kids in the pm (Monday and Tuesday...and plan to keep this schedule).

I started cleaning out gardens, which was supposed to be done last Fall....AND there is nothing fun to eat in my house. There are 4 Hershey Kisses left.

I think we have the ingredients to make a pumpkin pie...but that's for when I'm desperate for something sweet.
  • YellowD0gs
    YellowD0gs Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    The only things we have are a couple bands and a way to walk a couple miles outside without encountering anyone else. Not that I'm a gym rat or anything, but the usual exercises at only body weight ain't gonna cut it. Need to find more things that can be done.
  • ChickenKillerPuppy
    ChickenKillerPuppy Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I was just telling my husband how hard it is not to eat and drink my way through this. I made myself only buy my regular foods supplementing with additional frozen veggies. I gotta try and eat normal or I am going to hate myself. Ran outside and mt barre class has free Facebook live classes which is amazing. It would be so much more fun to bake and drink wine all day and eat fattening foods but I’m trying with all my might not to.
  • darreneatschicken
    darreneatschicken Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I just went to the fitness store and bought a powerblock for $400. Not surprisingly, I had to call a bunch of stores before finally finding one that had a pair. It was the last one they had as well... go figure.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I was just telling my husband how hard it is not to eat and drink my way through this. I made myself only buy my regular foods supplementing with additional frozen veggies. I gotta try and eat normal or I am going to hate myself. Ran outside and mt barre class has free Facebook live classes which is amazing. It would be so much more fun to bake and drink wine all day and eat fattening foods but I’m trying with all my might not to.

Yes! I want to sit home and bake and eat cookies and drink wine all night!!! Maybe let yourself do that one night just to get it out of your system.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    We work our own business out of home and a local storage unit for the most part so my schedule is not much impacted to be honest. My gym officially closed yesterday but I have not gone all week, finding other things to do in between my usual run days. Limiting my grocery store trips has been something I had to think about, I'm a very frequent, small-trip shopper usually. I'm well stocked and have fresh for 4-5 days more at least, though, and will make and freeze some things. I'm out of detergent, boo.