Last film you saw...

Replies

• TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member
    2014's "The Captive" with Ryan Reynolds. The trailer looked great. The movie's plot was so stunningly idiotic, I FF'd through the entire waste of bandwidth in 10-min. What an awful, stupid film.
  • Buff_Man
    Buff_Man Posts: 622 Member
    Uncut Gems, what a *kitten* show
  • TooDamnSweet
    TooDamnSweet Posts: 63 Member
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    Riding In Cars With Boys, I love Drew Barrymore.

I love that movie!
  • CaptAwesome77
    CaptAwesome77 Posts: 84 Member
    v4739y2j5gr7.jpeg
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Buff_Man wrote: »
    Uncut Gems, what a *kitten* show

Still have not watched this.
  • 777Gemma888
    2014's "The Captive" with Ryan Reynolds. The trailer looked great. The movie's plot was so stunningly idiotic, I FF'd through the entire waste of bandwidth in 10-min. What an awful, stupid film.

I usually enjoy Egoyan films, although I have not watched this one. 2014, 2015 were my years of boycotting entertainment. Marked to watch.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    "Sweetheart" I'd probably die real fast if stranded on a deserted island due to not being able to start a fire before any monster could eat me. But who knows, maybe not?!
  • 777Gemma888
    "Sweetheart" I'd probably die real fast if stranded on a deserted island due to not being able to start a fire before any monster could eat me. But who knows, maybe not?!

I should watch this with my sister ... She IS BIG about who can or cannot START A FIRE for survival.
  • LoveyChar

I should watch this with my sister ... She IS BIG about who can or cannot START A FIRE for survival.

Hahahaha, you'd probably like. I did!
  • tinuz
    tinuz Posts: 1,123 Member
    Hillarious comedy.....

Jojo "they look at me like i am some sort of monster"

Adolf "who cares, when i was young they all said...look at this psychopath, he's going to get us all killed...................look at me now"

idpuzapcysu0.jpg
  • accio_doughnuts
    accio_doughnuts Posts: 88 Member
    Dark Waters
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    *** Slight spoilers ***

Marcella, a smart, gritty, Brit crime drama, 2 seasons, with Anna Friel as the main character. Never saw Anna before... she's a good, edgy actress, as are the whole cast, in fact. The plot differs as one wonders if she's a good cop/person, bad, crazy, ill, all of the above. (I haven't revealed too much... you get all that from the trailer.)

Fast moving, well written, nicely shot, intriguing plot, just enough action, some graphic violence for those who are sensitive. S1 revolves around the death of 1 woman, in particular. S2 is a bit tougher to watch as it involves children in peril, which I usually avoid, so I'm debating bailing on the rest of the season. It's good but tugs at the heartstrings. I heard a S3 is coming. I'd watch it.

5* out of 5.

80alphaho2cc.png

Trailer:
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5269594/
  • karlschaeffer
    karlschaeffer Posts: 1,492 Member
    Stargirl

As good as the book.
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    3kd4n7r6gbk9.jpg
  • LoveyChar
    Blades of Glory
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    Many may disagree, but I FF through "The Irishman" in 40-min. It was stunningly & surprisingly awful. De Niro was so stiff & bored & uninteresting, I'm stunned. Couldn't find a sliver of charisma in the cast.
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Ladybird - Such a good reminder of how bad my teenage years were.
  • LoveyChar
    edited March 2020
    Many may disagree, but I FF through "The Irishman" in 40-min. It was stunningly & surprisingly awful. De Niro was so stiff & bored & uninteresting, I'm stunned. Couldn't find a sliver of charisma in the cast.

I imagine, but don't know, that it's like an Irish mob movie with violence and if so, I'm out fast. I have to either fast forward through the violence or walk out out of the room during torture or abuse scenes so I'd be right there with you on that fast forward button!
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Lost Girls
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Ladybird - Such a good reminder of how bad my teenage years were.

Yes! I related so much to Ladybird and my friends all laughed about the scene where she turns 18 and buys cigs and adult mag. That was 100% me. :D