99.9% close of giving up tbh...

Options
Please don’t judge me. I know I’ve posted many times here, but I honestly think I will give up on strength training for the goal I want.
I had never measured my body, these are my current measurements.

Bust 48
Waist- 44
Hips- 46
I googled it and it said I was a rectangle shape.
I know no matter how much I lift and how long, I will never be curvy. I gain weight in my arms, back, and midsection. My legs are skinny but flabby, I just don’t gain weight at all in my legs and I hate that. I am just highly considering a BBL or just fat transfer into my hips. I know I should love myself and all that. But tbh, I can’t get over the fact my hips are narrowed. We all have insecurities and sometimes get past them. But I can’t, I don’t look thick, I can’t wear tight dresses, I can’t take front body pictures because I look like a cone. Weights are awesome, but weights won’t give me the curvy figure I want to. I feel so bad of myself for feeling this way, but I have no fault in having this body shape and not liking it.
I just wanted to vent to you all, sorry if I have been so annoying with the same posts🥺 I just realized my expectations and the reality. Sad, but true.

Replies

• JanetReyna
    JanetReyna Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    My goal is like the one on the right, I’m left.
    As you can see, my main problem are my hips. I detest them so much, the only way I’ll have curves is to have fat in the hips. I don’t really want surgery but what can I do if it’s the only option to look thicc, or curvy. 🥺🥺🥺🥺
  • lovepaulos
    lovepaulos Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Heres a vid on hip training from lucy ; https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nunTMMFlPYg
    Or just seach lucylfitness / 6 ways to grow your hip, overall your reality can always be changed, don't give you just yet!, i would say since you know how your body works use it to your advantage, my legs use to be skinny from playing soccer 24/7, they both were 15-16 inches thick, it took around 2-3 years of focused training & usualy 1-2hr leg days (HELL!) to get them to 23-24 inches, within this it helped me with daily life & ofc squating, i also worked alot on my hips to help support core workouts,

So i would say try this ;
    - focus on hip, glute & leg work outs
    - at home workouts mixed with gym days are great for losing weight
    - In the process of losing back fat, focus on core training routains & upper back workouts rather than lower back workouts, your core workouts should workout your back altogether, focusing on upper back will start to shape out a good figure so it can motivate you in the process!
    - Do a lose weight run program or use a tiny lil trick used by lauren girlado which is 12-3-30, on a treadmill raise it 12 , turn the speed to 3 & walk for 30 mins.
    - change out plans to best fit your plans!

Hope this helps out a bit! Just keep your head up!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    That girl doesn't even look like that (pic in OP). Look at all the wavy lines on the flooring and the size of her elbow on the straightened arm. That's photoshop.

Yeah, that's not even good Photoshop... :#

Nope, obvious photoshop is obvious.
  • JanetReyna
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »
    I think the chances of you achieving what you want surgically are not good. What is expected to hold the transferred fat into that specific sculpted shape? What if it all slides down and you end up far more unhappy than you are now?

Weight training won't give you that exact shape either but the chances of it going wrong enough to require a corrective surgery afterwards are minimal.

I think you need counseling. You shouldn't pursue a surgical option without it.

I can't comment on your current shape or your desired shape. I am male and I have a rule about it. I can say that I hope you do not pursue a surgery without counseling and/or a plastic surgeon will either tell you what you want is not doable or that it is too expensive if it is.

I have aunts that have done liposuction and yes, they look the same or maybe a little worse. That’s because they don’t care, they don’t workout nor take care of their figure I don’t want to be like this IF I do have any type of surgical procedure. You are a male and you probably don’t understand a women’s insecurity. Being thick or curvy is a goal I want because in my personal opinion I love how the curves look at a women, typically hourglass figure. I am more into an inverted triangle which I hate so much and I can’t stand being like this all my life. I know weights help you a ton, but they won’t give me a small waist and big hips. Sadly it’s true, I feel like I have no other option.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    But Janet--we're all waiting to hear about the baby--boy or girl?
  • JanetReyna
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    That girl doesn't even look like that pic. Look at all the wavy lines on the flooring and the size of her elbow on the straightened arm. That's photoshop.

I mean I follow her on Instagram and her live videos look the same tbh. Maybe she did some work in that picture but wether it’s photoshop or not that’s close to hourglass figure. I hate the fact I don’t like my shape, but well I don't want to be too negative.. if there’s something that can improve my body shape why not try it out? Idk man, sometimes I get so stressed out. But it sucks i can only take side pictures if I take front pictures my hips look hella small and my shoulders wide I feel like a man, ugh I hate it so much. I want hips and thick thighs and a big butt 🥺 I want it so so bad.
  • JanetReyna
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I don't mean to be harsh, here, Janet . . . but back in September, you told us you were 5 weeks pregnant. Were you able to continue that pregnancy? If so, has the baby arrived? If yes, when, and are you breastfeeding? If no, when due? How long were you able to continue strength training into pregnancy?

All of those things would have some effect on the advice people might give you.

I hope all is well with you. :flowerforyou:

😔 I don’t feel comfortable talking about my pregnancy tbh.... it’s a little personal for me and I don’t like sharing anything about that. I just want opinions on the body shape I have and the body shape I’m striving for. Thanks for your kind words girly! Hope all is well for you, too. 💞
  • snowflake954
    Options
    JanetReyna wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I don't mean to be harsh, here, Janet . . . but back in September, you told us you were 5 weeks pregnant. Were you able to continue that pregnancy? If so, has the baby arrived? If yes, when, and are you breastfeeding? If no, when due? How long were you able to continue strength training into pregnancy?

All of those things would have some effect on the advice people might give you.

I hope all is well with you. :flowerforyou:

😔 I don’t feel comfortable talking about my pregnancy tbh.... it’s a little personal for me and I don’t like sharing anything about that. I just want opinions on the body shape I have and the body shape I’m striving for. Thanks for your kind words girly! Hope all is well for you, too. 💞

I don't want TMI about the pregnancy--boy or girl?
  • JanetReyna
    Options
    lovepaulos wrote: »
    Heres a vid on hip training from lucy ; https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nunTMMFlPYg
    Or just seach lucylfitness / 6 ways to grow your hip, overall your reality can always be changed, don't give you just yet!, i would say since you know how your body works use it to your advantage, my legs use to be skinny from playing soccer 24/7, they both were 15-16 inches thick, it took around 2-3 years of focused training & usualy 1-2hr leg days (HELL!) to get them to 23-24 inches, within this it helped me with daily life & ofc squating, i also worked alot on my hips to help support core workouts,

- In the process of losing back fat, focus on core training routains & upper back workouts rather than lower back workouts, your core workouts should workout your back altogether, focusing on upper back will start to shape out a good figure so it can motivate you in the process!
    - Do a lose weight run program or use a tiny lil trick used by lauren girlado which is 12-3-30, on a treadmill raise it 12 , turn the speed to 3 & walk for 30 mins.

Will I lose my time watching this? I don’t mean to be harsh in any way but MOST people on here say it’s IMPOSSIBLE to grow your hips as we have little muscle there, that’s why I’m saying I need fat transfers to me hips and sculpted out because my body doesn’t gain weight in my hips at all. As you can see in the picture, my legs are flabby and skinny and ugh I dislike them so much. You’re lucky you grew them out a lot, wow!
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    Being unhappy with our bodies is a tough thing to overcome, but once you do you'll realize what a waste of time and energy it is.

Remember, we always (not everyone, of course) want what we don't have. I LOVE your hair. I've wanted really long hair since I cut mine when I was 22. It never grew back. It's ok. I color the hair I do have a bright red and make the best of it. I honestly hope you can find peace and happiness with yourself. You are beautiful just the way you are (even without the long hair).
  • JanetReyna
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Being unhappy with our bodies is a tough thing to overcome, but once you do you'll realize what a waste of time and energy it is.

Remember, we always (not everyone, of course) want what we don't have. I LOVE your hair. I've wanted really long hair since I cut mine when I was 22. It never grew back. It's ok. I color the hair I do have a bright red and make the best of it. I honestly hope you can find peace and happiness with yourself. You are beautiful just the way you are (even without the long hair).

💖
  • snowflake954
    Options
    JanetReyna wrote: »
    lovepaulos wrote: »

Will I lose my time watching this? I don’t mean to be harsh in any way but MOST people on here say it’s IMPOSSIBLE to grow your hips as we have little muscle there, that’s why I’m saying I need fat transfers to me hips and sculpted out because my body doesn’t gain weight in my hips at all. As you can see in the picture, my legs are flabby and skinny and ugh I dislike them so much. You’re lucky you grew them out a lot, wow!

Who cares about what most people say versus what is true?
    6oddb92owcsm.png
    If I take hips to be the gluteus medius instead of including the maximus, it is 3 times the size of the biceps. Have you ever heard of anyone claiming you can't grow arms? Every YOLO ding-dong male in the gym manages to at least grow his arms some because it is dead simple to do a bicep curl right. You're going to say there isn't an ability to grow a muscle that already starts 3 times that size?
    Literally any muscle can hypertrophy with stimulus.
    Given the recent research on squat versus hip thrust, you'd be a lot close to your goal if you spent less time listening to "most people" and more time under a barbell, squatting with moderate to good depth.

Literally everything you're thinking is impossible is demonstrably wrong based on every person that has committed in the long term to lifting weights and dieting.
    You can take fat mass off the body overall, reducing size.
    You can put on mass in specific spots via proper training, increasing the size of that area, and more over increasing it proportionally more than other areas that aren't trained.

If you're so sure you're different, please, get to a research lab and become a study subject.

Yes, you're right, but all that takes time and dedication. Some people don't have that. They want a quick fix. ;)