99.9% close of giving up tbh...

Options
2»

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    ANYONE can enhance their body shape with weight lifting IF they are dedicated to the process. People swoon over many people who they say look so fit and trim, without realizing that those people put in LOTS OF TIME to get the result. You want the result, you have to commit to doing it. If not, then learn to like yourself the way you are.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Exactly. The gal the OP posted a pic of that she follows on Instagram apparently makes her body and workouts her JOB (I'm speculating since I don't follow those types of Instagram accounts). That's fine for the people who chose to do so.

I think there's an important balance between working on our physical selves and still tending to our mental / emotional selves and our relationships.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,442 Member
    Options
    JanetReyna wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I don't mean to be harsh, here, Janet . . . but back in September, you told us you were 5 weeks pregnant. Were you able to continue that pregnancy? If so, has the baby arrived? If yes, when, and are you breastfeeding? If no, when due? How long were you able to continue strength training into pregnancy?

All of those things would have some effect on the advice people might give you.

I hope all is well with you. :flowerforyou:

😔 I don’t feel comfortable talking about my pregnancy tbh.... it’s a little personal for me and I don’t like sharing anything about that. I just want opinions on the body shape I have and the body shape I’m striving for. Thanks for your kind words girly! Hope all is well for you, too. 💞

There's a huge gulf in the recommended routines and pace for someone who has just carried a pregnancy to term and someone who hasn't. This is less people wanting to get into your business and more people wanting to understand the basics of your situation.

Exactly this.

Best wishes, Janet. I hope you don't give up, but are able to find the patience and energy to adopt a workout routine that will lead you closer to your goal over the very long time (years) that such a thing takes for anyone to achieve a major body composition goal . . . and that you find love for your own unique and beautiful body along the way.

Please don't give up. I hope you find success and happiness.
  • JanetReyna
    JanetReyna Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    lovepaulos wrote: »
    Heres a vid on hip training from lucy ; https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nunTMMFlPYg
    Or just seach lucylfitness / 6 ways to grow your hip, overall your reality can always be changed, don't give you just yet!, i would say since you know how your body works use it to your advantage, my legs use to be skinny from playing soccer 24/7, they both were 15-16 inches thick, it took around 2-3 years of focused training & usualy 1-2hr leg days (HELL!) to get them to 23-24 inches, within this it helped me with daily life & ofc squating, i also worked alot on my hips to help support core workouts,

So i would say try this ;
    - focus on hip, glute & leg work outs
    - at home workouts mixed with gym days are great for losing weight
    - In the process of losing back fat, focus on core training routains & upper back workouts rather than lower back workouts, your core workouts should workout your back altogether, focusing on upper back will start to shape out a good figure so it can motivate you in the process!
    - Do a lose weight run program or use a tiny lil trick used by lauren girlado which is 12-3-30, on a treadmill raise it 12 , turn the speed to 3 & walk for 30 mins.
    - change out plans to best fit your plans!

Hope this helps out a bit! Just keep your head up!

Will I lose my time watching this? I don’t mean to be harsh in any way but MOST people on here say it’s IMPOSSIBLE to grow your hips as we have little muscle there, that’s why I’m saying I need fat transfers to me hips and sculpted out because my body doesn’t gain weight in my hips at all. As you can see in the picture, my legs are flabby and skinny and ugh I dislike them so much. You’re lucky you grew them out a lot, wow!

Who cares about what most people say versus what is true?
    6oddb92owcsm.png
    If I take hips to be the gluteus medius instead of including the maximus, it is 3 times the size of the biceps. Have you ever heard of anyone claiming you can't grow arms? Every YOLO ding-dong male in the gym manages to at least grow his arms some because it is dead simple to do a bicep curl right. You're going to say there isn't an ability to grow a muscle that already starts 3 times that size?
    Literally any muscle can hypertrophy with stimulus.
    Given the recent research on squat versus hip thrust, you'd be a lot close to your goal if you spent less time listening to "most people" and more time under a barbell, squatting with moderate to good depth.

Literally everything you're thinking is impossible is demonstrably wrong based on every person that has committed in the long term to lifting weights and dieting.
    You can take fat mass off the body overall, reducing size.
    You can put on mass in specific spots via proper training, increasing the size of that area, and more over increasing it proportionally more than other areas that aren't trained.

If you're so sure you're different, please, get to a research lab and become a study subject.

Thank you so much! I actually hadn’t looked into that or informed myself too much, but legitimately everyone says you can’t change your body shape and well I want a curvier figure so it gets you discouraged to the point you don’t want to do anything anymore and just give up.
  • JanetReyna
    JanetReyna Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Thank you love for your kind words and making me feel better 💖
    I don't mean to be harsh, here, Janet . . . but back in September, you told us you were 5 weeks pregnant. Were you able to continue that pregnancy? If so, has the baby arrived? If yes, when, and are you breastfeeding? If no, when due? How long were you able to continue strength training into pregnancy?

All of those things would have some effect on the advice people might give you.

I hope all is well with you. :flowerforyou:

😔 I don’t feel comfortable talking about my pregnancy tbh.... it’s a little personal for me and I don’t like sharing anything about that. I just want opinions on the body shape I have and the body shape I’m striving for. Thanks for your kind words girly! Hope all is well for you, too. 💞

There's a huge gulf in the recommended routines and pace for someone who has just carried a pregnancy to term and someone who hasn't. This is less people wanting to get into your business and more people wanting to understand the basics of your situation.

Exactly this.

Best wishes, Janet. I hope you don't give up, but are able to find the patience and energy to adopt a workout routine that will lead you closer to your goal over the very long time (years) that such a thing takes for anyone to achieve a major body composition goal . . . and that you find love for your own unique and beautiful body along the way.

Please don't give up. I hope you find success and happiness.

• MichelleMcKeeRN
    MichelleMcKeeRN Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I am 5’2” 140lbs. I am naturally pear shaped. If I don’t exercise regularly, my body does not look shapely. I am a huge advocate of having good workouts to shape my body. Ya, I have a big butt, thick thighs and decent guns but I bust it at the gym. Heck, I almost have abs (sometimes I can see the full 6 pack) I meal prep nutritious foods and stick to it most of the time. Consistentcy and time....