Silver Lining of the Coronadovirus

Options

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    We get to see just how fast pharmaceutical companies and researchers can come up with a drug. Profits from a mass-market (aka the world) is great motivation.

Then, ideally, we can leverage this innovation and turnaround for CURES to long-standing illnesses like multiple sclerosis, ALS, etc.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Hubs is off work all next week and he promised to build me some awesome trellises for my garden this year
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Horses dont carry COVID-19 so it's totally acceptable for me to spend all my free time with my new girl and ignore the rest of the world!

It's good to see you around. Enjoy your new girl :)
    Just to be clear, you meant new horse right?.. not new girl? 😉😆
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    whoami67 wrote: »
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed jury duty will be cancelled later this month. It's looking hopeful.

This brings up another issue.

Crime.

Crime isn't going away, but how does law enforcement handle criminals during this time?

How will the courts respond? What will be the backlog?

This thing sure has a wide ripple effect, amiright?

My county in FL (Hillsborough) is one that is releasing low level criminals... have been all week now. I didn't research to see how many, if it's a 1-shot release or how long it may continue.

I listened to a local podcast & the host said that another county in/near Orlando told it's officers not to pull over more than 60 people daily, so they can keep their distance from drivers. So, they're not pulling over drivers for smaller infractions like broken tail lights or expired tags. The host bragged that he sped passed cops & wasn't pulled over, but I don't know if he was just exaggerating.

Your point is well taken, however... I'm surprised we haven't yet had looting incidents or dash & grabs at food stores. Maybe we will if this continues for months.

I have a friend who is a lawyer in Boston. All his firm's cases are getting postponed, but they specialize in corporate, copyright & trademark law... non-essential cases, atm.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,031 Member
    Options
    If I’m being shallow....my skin and hair are getting a break from makeup and heat. 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    If I’m being shallow....my skin and hair are getting a break from makeup and heat. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Same, but I can't imagine you need makeup & fixed hair to look great! You're gorgeous.
  • onward1
    onward1 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Only "to go" food in my state, and this includes cocktails. Gin and tonic, with a straw, please.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Buffalo jeans are crazy cheap online at Macy's rn 🤷🏽‍♂️
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,031 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »

Same, but I can't imagine you need makeup & fixed hair to look great! You're gorgeous.

Omg. Thank you! That’s sweet.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,371 Member
    Options
    My freezer is going to get the best cleaning out it’s had since I bought it 20+ years ago.

Our 7 cb ft chest freezer will be delivered on Wed. We are border-line seniors age bracket. Mostly bought freezer for our (not living at home, but in the same town) SON'S peace of mind.

Silver lining for ME is that I will now have the capacity/option moving forward&beyond to do the advance-prep&freeze a week's varied lunches and that kind of thing.

Only thing missing is a supply of freezer-to-microwave containers ..... (although I DO have varied-sized freezer ziplock bags for the separating now ... and the need for portable re-microwave containers won't come into play until no longer working from home.)
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Everything is on sale.

well........ most everything.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Everything is on sale.

well........ most everything.

Online retailers are like crazy slashing prices...

Cologne well on sale is still up there do
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options

What’s cheap? I’ve always been a simple Levi’s guy myself
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

Rn I see them for $30-45... For Buffalo jeans that practically 3 for 1...

I'm considering it but I'd just feel like a hypocrite with all my talk about saving money 🙈😂...

I'd probably end up buying for the family before myself...
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

Rn I see them for $30-45... For Buffalo jeans that practically 3 for 1...

I'm considering it but I'd just feel like a hypocrite with all my talk about saving money 🙈😂...

I'd probably end up buying for the family before myself...

Sounds like a steal though. I say if you like the jeans jump on at least on pair ... treat yo self bro
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,371 Member
    Options
    l6xo22y4sn3k.jpeg