Anyone 40+ Who have lost a significant amount of weight. Did UR Face age10 years overnight?

2»

Replies

• Slowfaster
    Slowfaster Posts: 185 Member
    Wow, @Manderson27 that's one of the most amazing makeovers I've ever seen. Not that you weren't nice looking before but now you're just super-glam. As another "blond" would you mind telling me what brand and number your haircolor is? I love that.
  • pink_mint
    pink_mint Posts: 103 Member
    I don't know if I can respond. I turned 40 this year and haven't lost my weight yet. But I do have thoughts.

Aging happens. Looking old and looking bad are not the same thing. When I look at some of the now fairly numerous "silver" fashion models out there, some of them look way better than me at 20+ years older. Look at 71 year old Maye Musk. Does she look young for her age? I don't think so. Does she look bad? No way, she is completely stunning.

Personally I like white/ silver hair and I think it paradoxically makes people look younger than dying. JMO.

As far as weight, sure not having a lot of body fat may make wrinkles more apparent. There is something about being overweight that is aging in a different way though. Older people hold their excess weight differently than young overweight people and it is aging IMO.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,400 Member
    @pink_mint there’s some women in my yoga class I assume are older than me who are simply stunning. I mean drop dead pretty, grey hair and all.

I want to be them if and when I stop being lazy and I figure all this out, lol. In fact, I’d rather be them than the younger chicks, because they just radiate confidence. Confidence of that caliber is just amazing.

It’s hard to do the dressing all fine and hair and makeup thing when you’re working out several times a day. 😂

Boy, I’m in such a happier place than I was a coupla years ago.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    I only had 40 to lose and I do look much older in my opinion, however I have many thoughts and feelings about how women (and men, but I am a woman so) are judged on their appearance and the "effort" they are perceived to have made and are expected to make to please others. How I look is how I look, and there's no use in my sphere for anyone who thinks it counts for much. That said, I am also not career climbing at the moment or anything like that so I am privileged to be able to choose to not participate emotionally.
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    Oil of olay
  • lauriekallis
    lauriekallis Posts: 4,592 Member
    I've lost just over 100lbs in about a year and am planning on losing maybe another 20. But I have to admit that the new "cadaver" face on top of this leaner body is spooking me a bit. I'm not going to stop....I'll keep going and hope for the best.

I have noticed that with the much healthier diet I've been eating my eyeballs are much whiter :) if I open my eyes really wide maybe the saggy skin and hollow cheeks won't be so apparent?

I also walk and move about much much faster - so no one gets a really good view anyway.

And most of the time I'm just so pleased with the thinner rest of me I don't look at the face so much.
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    I do think I look older now with my face thinner. BUT I'm also getting older, so guess it was bound to happen eventually!
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    I'm under 40 myself, but my dad dropped about 100 lbs from age 48-ish to age 50, and for a while there he did have some serious Cryptkeeper vibes going on. He's turning 60 this year, and in the intervening decade his skin has tightened up significantly. Like, he still looks like a 50-something, don't get me wrong, but he looks like a man that's still alive, at least. He also stopped smoking, which I'm sure helped, but as far as I know he doesn't do anything special for his skin. I don't even think he wears sunscreen regularly.
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    I have a narrow-ish face to begin with, so even when I was about 30 lbs overweight my face wasn't that chubby and no double chins. However, I lost about 10 lbs this spring/summer at age 43 and noticed my laugh lines became even more prominent, which I feel already were pretty prominent. Yay!

I'm a big believer, though, in the foods we eat affecting way more than just how our pants fit, affecting anything from mental health to yes, our skin. If I'm eating crap, my skin will reflect that, and vice versa. No, it may not be hugely noticeable, but there would be a difference.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,538 Member
    After prolonged weight loss neither skin nor face are immediately where they will eventually end up after several months of eating at maintenance.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,953 Member
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    After prolonged weight loss neither skin nor face are immediately where they will eventually end up after several months of eating at maintenance.

Yeah. Though I'd say up to a couple of years, not just "several months".