COVID-19 Impact

Replies

• Tattoomama4440
    Tattoomama4440 Posts: 26 Member
    What’s nice is there are a lot of work out videos on the internet. I plan on trying different kinds like yoga and any type of dance preferably. Has anyone found one that has a beginner level but is challenging? We have been walking too. Trying to get the kids out of the house so we might be looking into some hikes. Still have snow in some spots so that’s something we have to be cautious of. I’m always up to ideas on what to do with the kids to keep them active. They are teenagers and would rather be on their phones or gaming systems.
  • sweetbe44
    sweetbe44 Posts: 195 Member
    I’ve been working from home and sticking to my usual routine as if going to work so my eating habits haven’t changed. I miss going to the gym though and just can’t seem to get motivated to workout at home. Also not sleeping very well. I think I need to stop watching the news before bed.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Most of my exercise is outdoors...road cycling, mountain biking, hiking, walking, etc. My gym closing hasn't had any kind of profound effect on me as I only use it for weight training and spin (winter only really). I actually have more time to get in my rides and whatnot since I don't have a 2 hour daily commute at the moment. Spring is also in full swing here so getting outside is really nice...high of 70* today.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    We've cancelled plans to go away for Passover. My parents (whom we usually spend the holiday with) are in their mid-70s and Dad's been T2D. It's in remission now, but I'm not sure if COVID cares.

First time ever doing it at home. We've just ordered pots and pans and I'm trying to figure out what we'll need to buy. Cancelled pet-sitter.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Most of my exercise is outdoors...road cycling, mountain biking, hiking, walking, etc. My gym closing hasn't had any kind of profound effect on me as I only use it for weight training and spin (winter only really). I actually have more time to get in my rides and whatnot since I don't have a 2 hour daily commute at the moment. Spring is also in full swing here so getting outside is really nice...high of 70* today.

Man, I'm not sure what I would have done if this had happened in the midst of winter...picked up snowshoes, probably. I'm bicycling in 40F weather because I'd go stir-crazy otherwise, and I'm usually not even an outdoorsy person.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Kupla71 wrote: »
    I’m self isolating. I’m not allowed to leave my apartment at all. I miss not being able to go out for a walk. I have a balcony which I’m very grateful for and a cat who keeps me company. Doing some boredom eating. Getting very little exercise. My plan is to clean my entire apartment. I’ll need to put on some good music for that to happen! I have been emailing friends and family a lot more than usual. It keeps my spirits up. Stay safe everyone 😊

Are you positive?
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    Maybe a team will help. We are in physical isolation, true - but it does not have to be social isolation. A team can help with accountability, is full of ideas, a great place to rant, and if you stick with it, you'll have friends who support you all the way. Give it a try - @Terytha is one of our coolest members. There are more!

Fat2Fit teams invite you to join for April. It starts on Sunday March 29 (because we always start on a Sunday!), but you can dive right in now. Sign up at
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10789583/april-registration#latest

If you just want to see what the group is like and check out all its various teams and what it's all about:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group
  • lightningbolt9
    lightningbolt9 Posts: 67 Member
    I'm still working at my (small) office voluntarily, though I've been told I can work from home if I want. I just know my productivity levels are going to crater if I do. My technology has been misbehaving a bit, too. And I work in finance--the days have been considerably more hectic with client calls and processing times, so I need all the focus I can muster.

The other impacts COVID-19 has had on my life have been inconveniences more than anything: limited options at supermarkets, cancelled events/shows, and restrictions on use of public facilities, like parks. My mom and my "second mom" (practically raised me) are both immunocompromised and self-isolating, though, so I'm watchful. I'm not really feeling stressed, but my overeating behavior lately is indicating that I actually am stressed.

Health and safety to you all!
  • its_cleo
    its_cleo Posts: 544 Member
    Hey @Kupla71 Im Canadian too. How many days have you done? I haven't travelled, but I'm trying to stay home as much as possible. Ive been trying to do some youtube videos but it's a challenge.

I'm in Toronto. Feel free to Dm me or friend me if you want.

All the best- we will get through this. I feel pretty proud of how Canada is handling it
  • cgjerde1
    cgjerde1 Posts: 20 Member
    I am a special ed. teacher doing distance learning lessons. Being at home, no schedule/routine, school on spring break this week, and a lot of junk food around = low motivation. Thank you for sharing your stories
    My lead staff expects a schedule with office hours from us....so I'm looking positive that will help me move things forward.
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    We've stopped going and looking/window shopping, etc. I go alone to grocery, all events in our lives are closed/delayed and I am thinking it has to be at least the month of April, too. I've read a lot of stuff online--trying to be cautious about taking anything to heart but everything makes me think I'VE GOT IT. As far as I know, our county/city has one case. I have been walking outside and messing about the yard but this morning I awoke coughing, have headache and am a bit achy in joints. Our bishop has arranged sacrament for me tomorrow but if I am not totally better, I will cancel my appointment. My son does not at all understand what I have told him about going out, playing/being with neighbors, or GOING FISHING. But my weight seems to be every so slightly creeping mostly downward.
  • CynthiaMargiotta
    CynthiaMargiotta Posts: 15 Member
    Looking for things to do to keep hands busy? Check out in Maintenance Self Isolation = boredom eating