What Can I Order at Starbucks Now? =(

Options
13»

Replies

• zarozinia
    zarozinia Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I really don't like the skinny versions of Starbucks coffees, so I try to just moderate my intake and think of them as treats- same as if they were a slice of chocolate cake or an ice cream cone. That said, I do often hit Starbucks for a coffee when I'm feeling lazy or it's the most convenient option. What I stick with are tall Americanos with an inch of cold soy and one pump hazelnut syrup, which clocks in around 90 calories. Just a hit of the syrup gives it enough sweetness to overcome the bitter espresso taste, and the soy is creamier tasting to me than milk (YMMV. Some people really do not like soy products). Of course, I had to wean myself off the full-fat S'bucks coffees over time... So, you'll just have to practice taking less and less milk/sugar until you get used to the taste.

The biggest thing, though, is ordering smaller sizes. Once I got off the venti sized drinks, things improved a lot. Now a tall seems HUGE to me! LOL!
  • litlpineapple
    litlpineapple Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Do you find it is still creamy enough when its made with non-fat? I'm so afraid i'll take one sip and need a huge glug of half n half. Of course there is no way I'd do that. LOL

From a White Chocolate Mocha and frap lover, I've started getting a Venti Iced Coffee Unsweetened with Soy and it only comes out to 35 calories. It's creamy and wondrous.

Be careful with the Light fraps, (I've had them a few times and then kicked myself for it) they may be low in calories but the sugar is through the roof. And the tall or grande or good options, venti isn't worth the calories and sugar that it has. And I'm a venti girl, so I do the Soy Iced.
  • bahrainbel_2
    Options
    peppermint tea.
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Grande Skinny Caramel Macchiato should get you your flavour fix. I get off at the tube station before mine, and walk te rest of the way o compensate. That way it's a reward!
  • pamp1emousse
    pamp1emousse Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Omg i love starbucks! And you definitely can still go! I usually get either the coffee light frappuccino (90 cals for the small, 110 for the med) or the mocha light frappuccino (110/140 I think) if I want something cold, or a skinny cappuccino with a sugar-free hazelnut shot (60 cals for the small, 80 for a medium). If you want calorie free you can put the sugar free shots in coffee/ice coffee too! Sooo good. (They have vanilla and another one that I can't remember too, if you're not a hazelnut person)
  • vampee
    vampee Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have worked at SB for 3 years. Since working there, I gained back most the weight I lost a few years back. This why I am here.The best thing I can tell anyone, is to make SB a treat once or twice a week. If you do need it daily, then seriously downsize. I now drink a tall, iced, soy, double shot latte daily. But this is very low in calories. Every once in awhile I will treat myself with one pump of white mocha.

As for food, I view all of our pastries, breads, and goodies as treats as well. If you want a treat, I would go for a single size pastry such as a cakepop or mini cupcake. They are 200 calories or under. Everything else is going to be above 300 and some above 400 with tons of sugar and carbs. I hardly ever eat SB food except for the oatmeal plain. It is a a daily breakfast item for me. 140 calories and very filling. I do not add the fruit or nuts. I get my protein from an added greek yogurt or 1/4 cup of soy nuts.
  • calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Skinny Vanilla Latte - grande size is 130 calories I believe. 0 fat. Way worth it, imho
    A tall is 90 calories. They're getting too sweet for me these days. :( If I forgot breakfast, I'll eat half of a turkey bacon breakfast sandwich. Eating the whole thing makes me too full.
  • NaCheezIt
    NaCheezIt Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I love getting coffee light frappuccinos! It's 80 cals for a grande w/no whip (I think!) And I normally get a scoop of protein added for 30 calories (6 protein 1 fiber). Super yum!
    Or if you need something lower D:, A plain iced Americano is 5 calories, and you can add sweetener and/or skim milk!
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU to whomever recommended the skinny vanilla latte....I had one tonight and it was delicious!
  • SereneWinter
    SereneWinter Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for all the replies!!! I enjoyed reading everyone's suggestions and input. I made a note in my phone actually with a list to try. SB is usually a treat for me and I think I'll try the iced coffee from home idea too. I actually want to buy the k-cups coffee maker since I'm not a huge coffee drinker and buy my own coffee k-cups and measure out my own creamer. Although I'll deff try several of the suggestions here to know which drinks I'd like on the days I'd stop by Starbucks. Thanks again!! :)
  • dawnthomas5
    Options
    Grande organge mango banana vivanno made with real banana cashes in at 260cal. Ask for skim milk in it and shave off a few of the cal!

Skinny flavored (any sugar-free syrup you want) latte cashes in at only 130cal for a grande.
  • wendorfa
    Options
    My barista turned me on to not getting the vanilla in anything that is chocolate (like hot chocolate) because it tastes like darker chocolate w/o it. So I can save 60 calories right there. If you want to buy a Keurig and get different K cups, Kohl's has a 30% off coupon right now, and the B60 (which I own) is on sale for 150, so w/ the coupon it's 105, free shipping, and you earn 20 dollars in Kohl's cash. It is a GREAT deal!
  • ninpiggy
    ninpiggy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Go to the Starbucks website, or if you have an iPhone, download the Starbucks app. You can customize drinks on there and get the full nutrition information for each drink.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Coffee, if you're going to drink coffee it should taste like coffee, if you're going to have a dessert you should eat a dessert . . . I really don't think that your morning cup of joe should taste like dessert.