Have the Coronavirus or think you do?

Options
13»

Replies

• DecadeDuchess
    DecadeDuchess Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Since you aren't coughing & don't have shortness of breath, I doubt that you've it. However you might've a cold or worse, the flu & thus it's plausibly best, to take the same precautions because being this sick with something else, now makes you 1 of the venerable.

You don't need coughing and shortness of breath to have it.

True, there're people whom've it yet aren't experiencing any symptoms. That's why I said doubt, though since he's experiencing symptoms, of some other types of illnesses.

My belief was that if he's sick with a cold or flu & this, it'd be effecting him.

What in the world are you talking about? Do you have any first hand knowledge about this virus?

My belief was that because he was experiencing symptoms of a plausible cold or flu, his immune system obviously'd be weakened by either & that if he also had this virus, he'd then most likely be affected by those symptoms as well.

No but I don't believe that it's difficult to connect that a weakened immune system via a cold or flu, might put someone at a greater risk of another illness affecting them.

I get what you’re saying. If someone is sick with something else, then it seems likely they’d see covid-19 in a more extreme form since their immune system has already been or is currently taxed. Seems logical enough

I knew someone'd, thank you! <3
  • GettinLean19
    GettinLean19 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Since you aren't coughing & don't have shortness of breath, I doubt that you've it. However you might've a cold or worse, the flu & thus it's plausibly best, to take the same precautions because being this sick with something else, now makes you 1 of the venerable.

True, there're people whom've it yet aren't experiencing any symptoms. That's why I said doubt, though since he's experiencing symptoms, of some other types of illnesses.

My belief was that if he's sick with a cold or flu & this, it'd be effecting him.

What in the world are you talking about? Do you have any first hand knowledge about this virus?

My belief was that because he was experiencing symptoms of a plausible cold or flu, his immune system obviously'd be weakened by either & that if he also had this virus, he'd then most likely be affected by those symptoms as well.

No but I don't believe that it's difficult to connect that a weakened immune system via a cold or flu, might put someone at a greater risk of another illness affecting them.

I get what you’re saying. If someone is sick with something else, then it seems likely they’d see covid-19 in a more extreme form since their immune system has already been or is currently taxed. Seems logical enough

There’s just a slight language barrier at times 😉
  • DecadeDuchess
    edited March 2020
    Options

I'd agree that that'd be the case, if you didn't have any disagrees since you said it, using proper grammar. I believe, that some're within denial & others're disagreeing, simply because they dislike me/my grammar.
  • GettinLean19
    GettinLean19 Posts: 452 Member
    Options

I'd agree that that'd be the case, if you didn't have any disagrees since you said it, using proper grammar. I believe, that some're within denial & others're disagreeing, simply because they dislike me/my grammar.

There’s never going to be a shortage of things that people get grumpy about 😁
  • DecadeDuchess
    Options

There’s never going to be a shortage of things that people get grumpy about 😁

That's true.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I've wondered if I had this back in late December into January. My wife and her dad and sister flew to Denmark the weekend after Thanksgiving. Two weeks later they all came down with a fever and really bad cough. The fever lasted a few days, but the cough persisted for weeks...it was a dry, unproductive cough. The kids and I came down with it a couple weeks after that. Fever for a few days and dry persistent and unproductive cough. I remember thinking it was the weirdest cold I've ever had because I didn't have any head or nasal congestion, just that cough that did nothing. The cough lasted a good 6 to 8 weeks, which I also thought was weird as I've never had that before. I went to the Dr. but they just told me a weird virus was going around and they couldn't really do anything. All in all, I would consider the symptoms I had to be mild...but persistent and long lasting.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I've wondered if I had this back in late December into January. My wife and her dad and sister flew to Denmark the weekend after Thanksgiving. Two weeks later they all came down with a fever and really bad cough. The fever lasted a few days, but the cough persisted for weeks...it was a dry, unproductive cough. The kids and I came down with it a couple weeks after that. Fever for a few days and dry persistent and unproductive cough. I remember thinking it was the weirdest cold I've ever had because I didn't have any head or nasal congestion, just that cough that did nothing. The cough lasted a good 6 to 8 weeks, which I also thought was weird as I've never had that before. I went to the Dr. but they just told me a weird virus was going around and they couldn't really do anything. All in all, I would consider the symptoms I had to be mild...but persistent and long lasting.

My counterpart from work swears that he and his wife both had this virus in January.

I wonder how many folks have already had this... dunno.

or was it just a seasonal flu bug.

.... like most of us, I'm just ready for this whole Covid-19 thing to be over and done.