If it didn't have calories, right now I would eat...

Options

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    y2haolycmr1d.jpg

We don't have this here, but I've seen it on American shows... does it really taste like cheese?
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    a4me9o69880q.png
    I'm sure we could be friends based on these😛r1h16amlaqkc.png
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    y2haolycmr1d.jpg

We don't have this here, but I've seen it on American shows... does it really taste like cheese?

Flavor is very hard to explain. Haha
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    y2haolycmr1d.jpg

Flavor is very hard to explain. Haha

Update: haven't had in ages, but taste from what i remember is similar to Easy mac macaroni
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    jcrmkovef1q1.jpg
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    y2haolycmr1d.jpg

This needs to be in the "Flavors of Childhood" thread!
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,169 Member
    Options
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    I dont know if ANYONE feels this way but all the posts with heavy meat, cheese, bacon, etc make me grossed out! However the desserts, cookies, breads ..... definately agree! I'm so glad I dont crave heavy meals...

Get out. Now.

This is my feelings, sorry I don't like meat etc. WHY does everyone go agro anytime a non meat or cheese, etc eater say anything? Why does it cause such a stir?!! I USED to est a TON of it. I got so sick, heavy, high cholesterol and other health issues then. I can not help I LOVE vegetables as blessed, plant based
    ..I will tell you I could easily devour many things if they didnt have/ cause digestive torture, autoimmune disease flair ups and calories did not matter...

I don't think @just_Tomek was being agro. I think it was a tongue-in-cheek "trigger warning" that he was about to post a picture of Phở with a big hunk of beef on it. If you wander over to the "For the Love of Produce" thread, you'll see that Tomek eats, and loves, a wide variety of produce, and he makes some amazing looking food that I am sure tastes great, too. In fact, I don't think he eats much meat at all.

Quality vs quantity here :)

Indeed! Same boat. So stay six feet away :smile: In a 15' raft, that's tough. I guess I am going to need a bigger boat. Tonight will be rockfish; my walk took me by the fish monger, and I want her to stay in business.

• mtaratoot
    Options
    jcrmkovef1q1.jpg

Now we're talking.
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    y2haolycmr1d.jpg

There are SO MANY different kinds of cheese. Brie doesn't taste like reggiano, and neither tastes like aged cheddar, feta, or cotija. So with all the kinds of flavors and textures of cheese, it's hard to say no, but NO. It doesn't. At least it does contain dairy products.

A river friend likes to bring an appetizer on trips he calls "Screaming dead babies." Someone named them on a river trip; they thought that's what they looked like. Take a Triscuit cracker or equivalent, spray on some of that orange stuff from a can that claims to be in the same family as cheese, and top with a smoked oyster.

It's an acquired taste. Not many acquire it. Can't even find a picture on the internet.....
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,710 Member
    Options
    fjqrmxrauxh4.jpg
    8x3cpel5sjka.jpg
    n75syq6taxxt.jpg
    adzp1nw3u16f.jpg
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    jcrmkovef1q1.jpg

Now we're talking.

Anyone have a recipe for that dish?? It looks amazing. :) I love brussel sprouts, and cheese, bacon too but I hardly ever buy it.
    That for lunch, with the peanut butter cheesecake for dessert.....heaven.
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    jcrmkovef1q1.jpg

Now we're talking.

Anyone have a recipe for that dish?? It looks amazing. :) I love brussel sprouts, and cheese, bacon too but I hardly ever buy it.

@ReenieHJ @just_Tomek :)

INGREDIENTS

5 slices bacon
    3 tbsp. butter
    2 small shallots, minced
    2 lb. Brussels sprouts, halved
    Kosher salt
    1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
    3/4 c. heavy cream
    1/2 c. shredded sharp white cheddar
    1/2 c. shredded Gruyère

DIRECTIONS
    Preheat oven to 375°. In a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy, 8 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate, then chop. Discard bacon fat.
    Return skillet to medium heat and melt butter. Add shallots and Brussels sprouts and season with salt and cayenne. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 10 minutes.
    Remove from heat and drizzle with heavy cream, then top with both cheeses and bacon.
    Bake until cheese is bubbly, 12 to 15 minutes. (If your cheese isn't golden, switch oven to broil and broil 1 minute.)

Nutrition (per serving): 320 calories, 13 g protein, 15 g carbohydrates, 6 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 25 g fat, 15 g saturated fat, 280 mg sodium
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    Because of all you pizza pics, guess what in the oven on this Saturday night. Pizza and a movie. JoJo rabbit??? Why not.

Pics or it didn't happen.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    jcrmkovef1q1.jpg

Now we're talking.

INGREDIENTS

5 slices bacon
    3 tbsp. butter
    2 small shallots, minced
    Kosher salt
    1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
    3/4 c. heavy cream
    1/2 c. shredded Gruyère

DIRECTIONS
    Preheat oven to 375°. In a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy, 8 minutes. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate, then chop. Discard bacon fat.
    Return skillet to medium heat and melt butter. Add shallots and Brussels sprouts and season with salt and cayenne. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 10 minutes.
    Remove from heat and drizzle with heavy cream, then top with both cheeses and bacon.
    Bake until cheese is bubbly, 12 to 15 minutes. (If your cheese isn't golden, switch oven to broil and broil 1 minute.)

Nutrition (per serving): 320 calories, 13 g protein, 15 g carbohydrates, 6 g fiber, 3 g sugar, 25 g fat, 15 g saturated fat, 280 mg sodium

Mmmmm this has me craving roasted Brussels now.....

And still pizza 😂wj5bwggvay5s.jpeg
    4uyog5hfrl6n.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    My grocery delivery just came. Now also want to eat the whole bag of these! LOOK at that heavy coating....sooo good.y8lrqlfn7l4u.jpeg
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    A truckload of Easter eggs :)
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    The jalapeno bagel I just ate has subdued, a little, my pizza craving.

The one I ate earlier didn't hurt either. Um.... the other TWO. One was jalapeno bagel dough rolled in cheddar before baking, and the other had lox, cream cheese, red onion, green onion, tomato, and capers.

w1fo8dx3s0gq.jpg
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,816 Member
    Options
    Jelly beans
  • pancakerunner
    Options
    jcrmkovef1q1.jpg

Now we're talking.

INGREDIENTS

5 slices bacon
    3 tbsp. butter
    2 small shallots, minced
    Kosher salt
    1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
    3/4 c. heavy cream
    1/2 c. shredded Gruyère

DIRECTIONS

Mmmmm this has me craving roasted Brussels now.....

And still pizza 😂wj5bwggvay5s.jpeg
    4uyog5hfrl6n.jpeg

THAT PIZZA!
  • chelseasgoals
    chelseasgoals Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Nutella pizza