Gone VEGAN. Never going back

2»

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    I’ve been plant based for over 2 years now and I will never go back to eating animal products. I’ve lost 25 pounds along the way and I’ve also gained a new passion for cooking. I’m 52 and would like to lose 15 more pounds so I’m going to stay focused on eating whole food plant based meals. Although I do love an Impossible Whopper.....it is possible to be an unhealthy vegan if your diet consists of things like fast food and processed junk. Best of luck to you in your journey. For me, it has been so enlightening and life-changing. 😍

You can also be an unhealthy vegan because the nature of our physical form dictates that some people will be unhealthy. People are born with chronic conditions and people develop them for reasons that aren't related to specific dietary/lifestyle choices. You can do everything in life "right" and still get sick.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Who was arguing that food quality doesn't matter?

Yes of course a reasonably balanced nutritious diet is important - but that doesn't change my view that MFP posters rightly push back against hyperbolic claims about veganism or any other diet.

I am telling vegjoy, that many of those issues can be relieved with weight loss and a switch to a "quality" diet. I think telling people to worry about GMO's is not always wise. Its just like "organic" foods. They can cost more and some people may shy away from fruits and veggies because they can not afford organic or non gmo. There are really only minor or no differences at all. Folks should not major in the minors. I am NOT anti vegan at all. Much respect to my people eating green! LOL Actually on oage with much of what she said.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,710 Member
    psychod787 wrote: »
    Who was arguing that food quality doesn't matter?

Yes of course a reasonably balanced nutritious diet is important - but that doesn't change my view that MFP posters rightly push back against hyperbolic claims about veganism or any other diet.

I am telling vegjoy, that many of those issues can be relieved with weight loss and a switch to a "quality" diet. I think telling people to worry about GMO's is not always wise. Its just like "organic" foods. They can cost more and some people may shy away from fruits and veggies because they can not afford organic or non gmo. There are really only minor or no differences at all. Folks should not major in the minors. I am NOT anti vegan at all. Much respect to my people eating green! LOL Actually on oage with much of what she said.

Of course we do not want people to shy from veggies and I agree with you. I have an autoimmune disease so I am sensitive to GMOs
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    VegjoyP wrote: »

I have seen life changing health benefits and conditions.eliminated by a Vegan diet. It's more than just going vegan however; other things matter-
    Leafy Greens and cruciferous vegetables
    Herbs, healing spices
    Nothing processed or with additives, sugar, etc
    Nuts or nut butters, seeds
    Tempeh, Non GMO sprouted or organic tofu( for some)
    Plant proteins
    Healthy fats, Avocado, coconut MCT, olives, hemp

People are all unique and remarkable. Diet DOES matter and can, should be and is used medicinally.

Your comment that I bolded is exactly what most people are saying. You can be a terribly unhealthy *insert diet type* eater of any kind.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    I dont find this site anti vegan - although admittedly I am not a vegan so perhaps that skews my perception - it is anti hyperbolic claims - I went vegan (keto, paleo,quit sugar/processed foods/soda) and all my stage 4 tumour disappeared within a week!! :o
    I dont find this site anti vegan - although admittedly I am not a vegan so perhaps that skews my perception - it is anti hyperbolic claims - I went vegan (keto, paleo,quit sugar/processed foods/soda) and all my stage 4 tumour disappeared within a week!! :o

I have seen life changing health benefits and conditions.eliminated by a Vegan diet. It's more than just going vegan however; other things matter-
    Herbs, healing spices
    Plant proteins

People are all unique and remarkable. Diet DOES matter and can, should be and is used medicinally.

Herbs, healing spices
    Plant proteins

Does sprouted tofu have a better benefit? I’m curious I try to limit soy if I can.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,710 Member
    Sprouted tofu has more protein,iron and calcium. It can be better on digestion. Sprouted is higher in omegas.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    I cooked something vegetarian yesterday. Contained lots of sugar and simple carbs. It's still yummy.