The nothing about that one thing thread

Options
GettinLean19
GettinLean19 Posts: 452 Member
We’re all sick of talking/hearing about it. Let’s sit around and not talk about it here

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    word-image-5-3.gif
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    So there’s this spot on my back that really itches. It’s just below my shoulder blade. So annoying
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Passable gelatin-free Jell-O alternatives are hard as *kitten* to find...but I'm making one now: 🍊 flavour (likely to be spiked with bourbon)
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    I kinda want a banjo - which I’ve said before - maybe this will be the year I do it
  • GettinLean19
    Options
    So there’s this spot on my back that really itches. It’s just below my shoulder blade. So annoying

Have you tried listening to back scratching asmr because i doubt that would help
  • GettinLean19
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    Passable gelatin-free Jell-O alternatives are hard as *kitten* to find...but I'm making one now: 🍊 flavour (likely to be spiked with bourbon)

Are you vegan?

Could you try adding guar gum? I made a sugar free maple syrup with that once and it came out astonishingly jiggly
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    What serves as the thickener?

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options

What brand and where did you find it, please. Vegetarian in the family.

• GettinLean19
    edited March 2020
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    I kinda want a banjo - which I’ve said before - maybe this will be the year I do it

I took piano lessons for years as a kid. Like 7 years. I still never learned to read notes. I cannot understand how people can sit down and look at sheet music and just... play it

Edit: where was i going with that. I think my point was that it seems like it would be almost impossible to learn it as an adult
  • mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    My palm trees need a hair cut all 30 of them 😱
  • cowsfan12
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

I took piano lessons for years as a kid. Like 7 years. I still never learned to read notes. I cannot understand how people can sit down and look at sheet music and just... play it

Edit: where was i going with that. I think my point was that it seems like it would be almost impossible to learn it as an adult

I play a little guitar and can read tab - so have a bit of a base to start from - I started to learn to read actual notes years ago but lost interest- idk we’ll see 🤷‍♂️
  • MaltedTea
    Options
    Guar gum, eh? I'm used to agar agar but will try the maple syrup idea @GettinLean19

Today, it's a box brand @corinasue1143 : Simply Delish

d81rbqufteba.jpg
  • GettinLean19
    Options
    Guar gum, eh? I'm used to agar agar but will try the maple syrup idea @GettinLean19

Today, it's a box brand @corinasue1143 : Simply Delish

d81rbqufteba.jpg

It gets really gloppy really easily but it helps to mix it in really well with other dry ingredients.

Personally I don’t care for the texture so I can’t say I’m recommending it. I was just curious what you used 😬
  • MaltedTea
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Joeyd727 wrote: »
    I only like my peanut butter, jelly and potatoe chip sandwiches on wheat bread. How do you like them prepared? Do they have to be cut? Cut a certain way? Fluff? Potato chips in it?

PB&Js must be done with toasted whole-grain bread. One side smooth PB, the other side seedless jam. No pre-mixing. That's for heathens.

Edited to add: Apparently @GettinLean19 may be a pre-mixing heathen. That's okay too lol

• GettinLean19
    Options
    Joeyd727 wrote: »
    I only like my peanut butter, jelly and potatoe chip sandwiches on wheat bread. How do you like them prepared? Do they have to be cut? Cut a certain way? Fluff? Potato chips in it?

PB&Js must be done with toasted whole-grain bread. One side smooth PB, the other side seedless jam. No pre-mixing. That's for heathens.

Edited to add: Apparently @GettinLean19 may be a pre-mixing heathen. That's okay too lol

Don’t knock it til you’ve tried it and thrown it away!
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    PB on lightly toasted light rye bread with dill pickles - open faced
    Jam is gross

Potato chips and peanut butter open faced sandwiches...may be my last meal request...along with fries, a frostie to dip, pierogies and some pizza...and 1/2 a grilled cheese ('cause I'm not a glutton or anything)
  • DecadeDuchess
    DecadeDuchess Posts: 315 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I use to love chunky peanut butter & grape jelly sandwiches upon white bread but then Jif made a cappuccino hazelnut spread {it's discontinued}, now Nutella or Jif cheesecake hazelnut spread upon rye bread & I'd never choose to eat peanut butter, ever again.
  • cowsfan12
    Options
    Grilled cheese ? Shredded or sliced cheese ?

Ima shredded guy myself - you can mix cheeses and make it a cheesy as you want - it’s greatness really