What’s the most boring thing that you could possibly do?

Options

Replies

• cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    corporate training videos
    That one is tough. I might prefer to watch the grass.

The one email we have all gotten at least once that universally makes people suffer a collective chest pain:
    webinar at 1:30 today in the conference room

Anyone else wait to complete mandatory training until the very last day it can be completed??? Or that just me 🤷‍♂️
  • _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    Clean out my kitchen junk drawer
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    go through all the catalogs and unwanted mail, shred the necessary
  • that_night_in_paris
    that_night_in_paris Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I always thought going to the hardware store is boring. Always find myself in a desolate aisle somewhere in the back corner... the smell of saw dust and top soil irritating the *kitten* out of my nostrils. And to top it off, a Bob Dylan song is playing on the speakers. Makes me wanna storm out and buy the first street drug I can find.
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Listen to some PRISSY girl prattle on about anything. Oh man.

Some folk have the ability to bore me to death. I can think of one girl who would bore me to death as soon she said "HAI"

🙄🙄🙄

Well HAI, girl! Did I ever tell you the story about that one time... (notices @FeelinFooFoo is already 😴)

• TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    I’m reading these and realizing I am super boring. Anyone wanna

Never mind
  • that_night_in_paris
    that_night_in_paris Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I always thought going to the hardware store is boring. Always find myself in a desolate aisle somewhere in the back corner... the smell of saw dust and top soil irritating the *kitten* out of my nostrils. And to top it off, a Bob Dylan song is playing on the speakers. Makes me wanna storm out and buy the first street drug I can find.

I will ^up^ you, curtain shops. I still have flashbacks of shopping in these places with my mother. ENDLESS rows of soft furnishings aaaaaaaaagh

Mostly floral pattern 😔😪😭

These horror shops stocked more than curtains. Cushions. So many cushions.
    I can top that quite easily

Catholic wedding ceremonies!

95 minutes of hellish, unadulterated boredom

And the only thing that can bring me joy in that moment is the thought of them getting divorced in <2 years. Yeah I'm terrible.
  • threewins
    threewins Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    Scanning in documents

1600 family photos scanned in 2010. I can still remember that sound of the scanner doing its first pass.
  • GettinLean19
    GettinLean19 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    threewins wrote: »
    Scanning in documents

1600 family photos scanned in 2010. I can still remember that sound of the scanner doing its first pass.

Holy crap that would take an eternity.
  • GettinLean19
    GettinLean19 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Scanning in documents

It's definitely up there... I have way too many left to do. :(

I do too. A huge backlog dating back to 2013 😭
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    TarryTaffyTwo Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    The most boring thing I've ever done was to go out after work with a friend's co-workers... cuz they only wanted to talk about work... with each other.

Watching TV or any sporting event are close 2nd-3rd.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,637 Member
    Options
    Watching someone play minecraft

Or

Playing minecraft
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    Scanning in documents

It's definitely up there... I have way too many left to do. :(

I do too. A huge backlog dating back to 2013 😭

Just think, we could have a bore-a-thon. ;)
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    Options
    The most boring thing I've ever done was to go out after work with a friend's co-workers... cuz they only wanted to talk about work... with each other.
    Oh man, in such an occasion I believe I would fake feeling sick!

Lol. I understand. I was so ignored, I could have disappeared without fanfare or passed out in front of them without anyone noticing. :neutral:
  • TarryTaffyTwo
    Options
    Oh man, in such an occasion I believe I would fake feeling sick!

Lol. I understand. I was so ignored, I could have disappeared without fanfare or passed out in front of them without anyone noticing. :neutral:
    I think it would be a valid thing to do. Just to simply walk away. It gives them a message - if they do notice, and you don't even have to explain yourself.

Sure, I wouldn't do the same today, in fact, I wouldn't accept such an invite again.

It was a long time ago... I was in my mid-20s & too polite. I waited to drive my friend home, so she didn't have to take the subway at night, even though it was very inconvenient given the distance & my old jalopy puttered & stuttered all the way. Learning experience...
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I actually trimmed all my nails down and am going to watch them grow throughout quarantine. I wanna see how long they get depending on how long we're all locked down.

So that is akin to watching paint dry, imo. :lol:
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    I actually trimmed all my nails down and am going to watch them grow throughout quarantine. I wanna see how long they get depending on how long we're all locked down.

So that is akin to watching paint dry, imo. :lol:

I thought about doing this with my hair but I’m s chicken