Do you guys log cleaning on your exercise log?

Options

Replies

• mamato4kids
    mamato4kids Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    No.
  • Soccer_chick916
    Soccer_chick916 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Only if i'm really sweaty. Like if I clean the carpets with a steam cleaner which usually takes 2-3 hours with this house size. Other than that no I don't log cleaning.
  • hotlaurah
    Options
    Yes! It motivates me to clean longer- I love watching the "caolories burned" add up! House has never been cleaner since I started logging! :)
  • izzyinbliss
    izzyinbliss Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Not the everyday stuff. But once a month I spend over 7 hours doing a serious all-over clean (better than a paid housekeeper is my motto!), scrubbing and vacuum and mopping, with no time left for a real run. That's when I strap on my HRM and log my calories, especially since I get famished afterwards and want to enjoy a well-earned meal without guilt :-) It's what my DH and I call our monthly "Scrub & Grub"!
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Nope. I wear a FitBit and know exactly how much I've burned everyday. Cleaning does not add enough calories to count.
  • acciomuscles
    acciomuscles Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    No.
  • dk_runs
    dk_runs Posts: 106
    Options
    Yep...if I am at for more than 1/2 an hour.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    no
  • sistermooooon
    Options
    today I did for the first time ever...and that's only because I was actually sweating and pooped afterwards and wanted to see how many calories that burns.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    today I did for the first time ever...and that's only because I was actually sweating and pooped afterwards and wanted to see how many calories that burns.

That is HOT.
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Yes...bc i really clean hard and my heart rate gets up.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Yes because every little bit counts!*LOL*

Shannon
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Only if it's something really out of the ordinary, like a few weeks ago we cleaned our garage including moving boxes all around, etc. I wore my HRM for the time we were out there and used that burn, which was much lower than the MFP estimate. Regular housekeeping I don't log.
  • poseidon9447
    Options
    No

I dont include a lot of things that I do. Dont record weight lifting, yard work, motorcycling or many other things I see others recording. I know all this burns calories but it varies so much so it is hard to record accurately so I just think of them as burned bonus calories.
  • Hollie55
    Hollie55 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I do if it is something out of my usual routine
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Nope, unless it's a walk longer than 10 minutes or cardio I don't log it. I log my strength training under the strength option because I don't have to put calories in :-) I don't even put the stairs in at work. They're my little bonuses I'm trying to find for myself. I don't want to eat them!

It's a part of every day life I leave it off, even though I'm sedentary.
  • kleavitt1992
    kleavitt1992 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    you can log cleaning if your set to sedentary and its not something you do everyday if your set to anything else id say no
  • braunle
    Options
    no. I only log in exercise that I consider something I normally don't do. Like running or cardio. I clean and have cleaned my house for years and years my body is use to it and I really don't break a sweet nor increase my heart rate that much. My body probably is not burning many calories if that was the case I wouldn't be in the situation that I am in right now :).
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    No.
  • futurefitgirl88
    Options
    no...i only log things that require me to wear my trainers and HRM!!