Happy to reach goal but do you ever get the feeling...

Do you ever get the feeling that when finally you've reached your goal weight and you've lost all you've wanted to lose that behind every "wow, great job on the weight loss!" "wow you're so thin!" "you look great!" is actually a sneaky "I wonder how long she'll keep the weight off" ?

How do you deal with that pressure? :/

Replies

• blah2989
    blah2989 Posts: 338 Member
    Well, I havent lost all my weight, barely put a dent in, but people have noticed and I do believe they are being genuine. When my friends found out I run a mile almost once a day, they all were like thats awesome I cant even run a mile, we should all go to the gym for a "girl" day or oh you run too? I just started lets go together. And we do! Its fun and if we have to stop then we stop and walk for whoever has just started or hasnt run in awhile, then we do. Theres more support than anything. Its not a competition. But for others that Im not close to, I think they just genuinely notice. Honestly I wouldnt care much, even if they DID think the way you described. The first person you do this for is yourself, so I wouldnt worry about their remarks.
  • Girlrose
    Girlrose Posts: 127 Member
    I can relate. I think it's just me psyching myself out, but it really *is* hard to maintain goal sometimes. I know that it's all about the lifestyle change and not just dieting but, even so, it's tough to maintain exercising all the time so much!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    Is everyone realizing that OP asked this question in 2013, and appears not to have been here since 2016?

Not that the replies aren't useful, but . . . ?
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    @AnnPT77 : Hah, you're right! I only looked at the date of the previous response. It would be interesting to hear how @WanderingPomme has fared over the last 7 years!
  • ncfitbit
    ncfitbit Posts: 1,058 Member
    @AnnPT77 : Hah, you're right! I only looked at the date of the previous response. It would be interesting to hear how @WanderingPomme has fared over the last 7 years!

Haha, I didn't notice that either. Glad you posted, @Jthanmyfitnesspal. The dancing banana alone was worth it, but your advice is spot on. Learning to judge success by our own standards is really important if you want to keep going. Other people will have different goals and life circumstances that affect their success. Best to not compare yourself to anyone but yourself!