Say it..... without really saying it.

Replies

• _Kashmir_314
    _Kashmir_314 Posts: 707 Member
    How bout you stop whining and just be greatful you have a job to go to. You're fortunate under the circumstances, count your blessings.

This is what I've reminded people around me. And on an even more extreme end the countries who do not have the hospitals and advancements and level of supports in place like we do. We have a lot to be grateful for.

Thank you. I honestly can't listen to the people complain anymore about the minor inconveniences this is all bringing them. I get it, but we need to look at the bigger picture sometimes. Take this time to appreciate the things you DO have. There's plenty of life lessons being taught right now and hopefully we'll come out of this with a different perspective on the things we took for granted.
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member
    edited April 2020
    How bout you stop whining and just be greatful you have a job to go to. You're fortunate under the circumstances, count your blessings.

This is what I've reminded people around me. And on an even more extreme end the countries who do not have the hospitals and advancements and level of supports in place like we do. We have a lot to be grateful for.

Thank you. I honestly can't listen to the people complain anymore about the minor inconveniences this is all bringing them. I get it, but we need to look at the bigger picture sometimes. Take this time to appreciate the things you DO have. There's plenty of life lessons being taught right now and hopefully we'll come out of this with a different perspective on the things we took for granted.

Yes.....this is good.

What i mean is, your words are good, not the current situation.
  • _Kashmir_314
    bojack5 wrote: »

Yes.....this is good.

What i mean is, your words are good, not the current situation.

Thank you.

• TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member

I agree. I dislike irks and pet peeves as a general rule.

but I also know that bitching and laughing together makes people feel united. Right now, when we can’t even gather to support each other against this common enemy it’s so hard. After 9-11 we felt and saw this sense of community even among neighbors we had never spoken to. And now all we have are our jokes and complaints and faith that other people are feeling it too.

❤️
  • _Kashmir_314

but I also know that bitching and laughing together makes people feel united. Right now, when we can’t even gather to support each other against this common enemy it’s so hard. After 9-11 we felt and saw this sense of community even among neighbors we had never spoken to. And now all we have are our jokes and complaints and faith that other people are feeling it too.

❤️

It's not the little jokes and complaints I'm necessarily referring to, we all do that in an effort to connect and support. I am talking about the chronic complainers. I am talking about the parents that "can't stand" having their kids home 24/7, when they don't even know what their favorite color is! Take this extra time and use it to your advantage, otherwise we'll come out of it with a lot of - I "should've or could'ves." ♥
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member

❤️

It's not the little jokes and complaints I'm necessarily referring to, we all do that in an effort to connect and support. I am talking about the chronic complainers. I am talking about the parents that "can't stand" having their kids home 24/7, when they don't even know what their favorite color is! Take this extra time and use it to your advantage, otherwise we'll come out of it with a lot of - I "should've or could'ves." ♥

I see what you’re saying. It’s in the intention.
  • _Kashmir_314

❤️

I see what you’re saying. It’s in the intention.

Bingo!
  • bojack5
    bojack5 Posts: 2,859 Member

❤️

This is also true.

My issue with the complaining, with any complaining really, is how far people take it. Sometimes the sense of privilege and entitlement people show when faced with adversity makes me annoyed. Sometimes the ignorance people have when not seeing the big picture makes me want to slap a *kitten*.........and then when i read your words i sit back and say yeah, we all get through it different ways.....chill out dude. I appreciate this.
  • _Kashmir_314
    bojack5 wrote: »

❤️

This is also true.

My issue with the complaining, with any complaining really, is how far people take it. Sometimes the sense of privilege and entitlement people show when faced with adversity makes me annoyed. Sometimes the ignorance people have when not seeing the big picture makes me want to slap a *kitten*.........and then when i read your words i sit back and say yeah, we all get through it different ways.....chill out dude. I appreciate this.

Perfect!
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,570 Member

❤️

Yes. The jokes are funny. Like my fear of sneezing or coughing in public...every time I do I get the craziest looks 😂😂

I was on the trails yesterday and a man coughed and spit...my jaw dropped....like whhuuut did you just do!?

• XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member

This is why I say that I hope the world will never be the same once this is done. However, even as 9/11 showed how people can pull together when there's a common issue, it also showed that they quickly go back to status quo.
  • _Kashmir_314

This is why I say that I hope the world will never be the same once this is done. However, even as 9/11 showed how people can pull together when there's a common issue, it also showed that they quickly go back to status quo.

It most likely will never be the same, but will it be better? I think it's much like anything we face. Sometimes it takes trauma, loss, death etc. to wake us up to what is really important in life. What matters most is that we learn from it and become a better person.
  • XxFunctionalStrengthxX
    XxFunctionalStrengthxX Posts: 2,466 Member

It most likely will never be the same, but will it be better? I think it's much like anything we face. Sometimes it takes trauma, loss, death etc. to wake us up to what is really important in life. What matters most is that we learn from it and become a better person.

Exactly. While I'm hopeful people will learn from it and better themselves and society from it. I'm doubtful it will ever be a lasting thing. In a sense, I'm almost afraid it's going to be worse and we'll see much more fracturing of society.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member

I appreciate that even though I don't have a job, those that do are working to maintain the health and economy of our country/world as it is.
  • _Kashmir_314

I appreciate that even though I don't have a job, those that do are working to maintain the health and economy of our country/world as it is.

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member

Like most everything else, it will probably have an impact with a very, very short half-life.

We'll focus on what's important right up until we order a verde burrito and it's mistakenly prepared & served with red sauce.

I'll need to speak to the manager.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Nothing wrong with that pic.. It's inspiring :)
  • indigoblu74
    indigoblu74 Posts: 86 Member
    Ohhhhh there's more to that sandwich than meets the eye dude.
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,570 Member
    I'm like...pizza?