1.2 pounds in 2 weeks

Options
So i've been doing this cut for about a month and a half. So far lost about 7 pounds all together. Today I weighed in only 1.2 pounds lighter since my last weight in. I should mention since then i've had a refeed day. I counted everything, i didnt go crazy. I weight lift and do cardio at least 4 times a week. I'm just disappointed I didn't lose more. Maybe i'm crazy, but is 1.2 pounds good enough in 2 weeks?? What do you guys think

Replies

• Trex5009
    Trex5009 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm also in a 500 calorie deficit daily
  • Trex5009
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    The body does what the body does. If you're logging your food, exercising regularly and hydrating appropriately, body recomposition follows...eventually. Case in point (although anecdotal), I lost, regained and lost the same 1.8 lbs for the past 2 weeks. This morning? My scale says I'm down 2 lbs.

Meh.

Just keep it moving. Caveat: if you have access to a nutritionist or your GP, you may want to check in with them if you notice general trends of concern.

Also, more experienced folks on here will jump in with much better advice, I'm sure.

Stay healthy, my friend!

Thank you for your input!
  • Strudders67
    Strudders67 Posts: 980 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    How tall are you, how old are you, how much do you weigh? How much are you trying to lose? And are you male or female? As AnnPT77 says, if you've got more than 20lbs to lose you're doing fine. If you've got less than that to lose, you're probably going too fast.
  • Trex5009
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Here's a weird perspective: Fat loss is about your long-term scale weight trend, not one weigh-in vs. the next.

If you had a refeed day, quite possibly you ate more carbs/sodium than usual (not necessarily any kind of bad amount, just more than usual). That would involve a little more water retention, until it's fully metabolized. Refeed certainly means more food volume, and some of that physical weight is in your digestive tract until it's excreted.
    (Full digestive transit can take 50+ hours.)

At a month and a half, you're just getting into the time range where you can get a realistic idea of your fat loss trend. If you've lost 7 pounds in about 6 weeks, you're averaging a bit over a pound a week. That's going to be fine for anyone with at least 20 pounds or more to lose. Perfect, really.

Don't worry about one weigh-in. That can be about water weight fluctuations, and digestive contents, even without refeeds involved. Water and digestive contents aren't fat, they're just red herrings that obsure reality on the scale**. Don't let them mess with your head, too.

Just look at the longer-run averages and trend. You're doing fine.

** I'd suggest the link below, as a really good/useful read:

https://physiqonomics.com/the-weird-and-highly-annoying-world-of-scale-weight-and-fluctuations

Best wishes!

Thank you, very informative!