Women over 40- Let's lose 20 pounds!

Replies

• aprillacey2
    aprillacey2 Posts: 23 Member
    Hello,

This sounds perfect. I am 43 and want to lose 20lbs. I am 5'2 and currently weigh 145 lbs. I am on day 25 of 100 morning meltdown but just started counting calories again on Monday. I am trying for 1200-1400 calories and 10000+ steps. Have also given up alcohol during the week.

I would like to add in jogging and a couple days of heavy lifting when I adjust to the calorie cut.

I have problems with procrastination in all areas of my life. I feel like I need to get organized and take control.

I want to feel healthy and good about the way I look this summer.

Please feel free to add me. I have no friends yet!
  • laughingdakini1
    laughingdakini1 Posts: 52 Member
    Sure, I'll try. I'm going slowly since I do not want to have all kinds of sag from losing weight so am aiming for a pound a week or less, with some good dancing around for exercise, and am also trying to get off the frozen vegetarian (high-sodium) fake meats. Anybody who is into healthy eating, especially vegetarians, please feel free to add me. Thanks and good luck to all.
  • SherryCook2
    SherryCook2 Posts: 8 Member
    Ugh!!! Rough week so far and have not gotten a work out in yet. My job is physical so getting my steps in and lift heavy things but still real need to work something in tommorrow. Been working too much and now I am having to make some hard choices with my staff. I am ready for this mess to all be over. Very draining emotionally.

The last few days have been crap for eating as well. Not getting nearly enough calories (skipping meals) worried that is going to stall my metabolism and in that my progress. Only two more days in my work week ladies and then I get a few days off.

On the plus side I have continued to track my stuff so that is a win. 😬
  • Excited to be part of this group. Turned 43 in January, 168cm and 72 kgs. Looking to lose 9 kgs (20pounds) give or take.
  • eva4180
    eva4180 Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2020
    Hello all! I just turned 40 this month and same as most- have been starting and re-starting diet and exercise for what seems like forever! :(
    I am the heaviest I've been since right after giving birth to my children and it's so depressing. It's been so much harder to lose the weight the last few years- I think this is why I can't stay motivated.

Age 40
    5'3"
    4/16/2020 starting weight 184lb
    Goal- 145lb

Hopefully being here will help me stay motivated!
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    I just finished today's workout and I am D.E.A.D. AAA from 80 Day Obsession (Beachbody). I can barely type lol
  • SassyBelle070707
    SassyBelle070707 Posts: 37 Member
    Hi EVERYONE :) I love this group of ladies. We all share some similar struggles right now.... I am turning 48 in July. 3 and 1/2 years ago I weighed in at 250. I am now 177 as of this morning and I am STUCK! I really wanna get to 150. But like many of you, so much going on and stress makes me want FOOD! I need help sticking to eating the better choices of food. I CANNOT outrun a bad diet! HELP!!! I need accountability partners here. You can friend me. I track and workout most every day. I just need help eating better!!!! UGH. Good luck to you all.
  • SassyBelle070707
    SassyBelle070707 Posts: 37 Member
    tiff0277 wrote: »
    Hello.... I'm stuck on repeat. I lost motivation in February after I lost my mother. During what little morning period I did have the dang VIRUS has showed up. To say I'm on the struggle bus is a understatement. I have to change my ways. I have gained weight and needed to loose to begin with. I can not go back to where I started and I'm quickly approaching that number. I find it amazing how long it takes to feel thin and strong and how quickly we gain our blubber back. I would like to shed 20 pounds I understand that isn't a lot but hey I am NOT in my 20s anymore.

I am so with you on this! STUCK on constant repeat. I DO NOT want to go back to what I was before. NEVER! We got this. We have too. Let's move forward and keep it that way. :)
  • gela130
    gela130 Posts: 50 Member
    Hello,

This sounds perfect. I am 43 and want to lose 20lbs. I am 5'2 and currently weigh 145 lbs. I am on day 25 of 100 morning meltdown but just started counting calories again on Monday. I am trying for 1200-1400 calories and 10000+ steps. Have also given up alcohol during the week.

I would like to add in jogging and a couple days of heavy lifting when I adjust to the calorie cut.

I have problems with procrastination in all areas of my life. I feel like I need to get organized and take control.

I want to feel healthy and good about the way I look this summer.

Please feel free to add me. I have no friends yet!

I am on day 4 of the 100!! Very jealous of you:) I am with you when it comes to procrastinating!! Glad you are here:)
  • gela130
    Hi EVERYONE :) I love this group of ladies. We all share some similar struggles right now.... I am turning 48 in July. 3 and 1/2 years ago I weighed in at 250. I am now 177 as of this morning and I am STUCK! I really wanna get to 150. But like many of you, so much going on and stress makes me want FOOD! I need help sticking to eating the better choices of food. I CANNOT outrun a bad diet! HELP!!! I need accountability partners here. You can friend me. I track and workout most every day. I just need help eating better!!!! UGH. Good luck to you all.

So with you- I do pretty good with exercise but it is the eating that kills me!! You have made incredible progress- hoping we can help one another travel this path together!
  • gela130
    PedmomJill wrote: »
    I just finished today's workout and I am D.E.A.D. AAA from 80 Day Obsession (Beachbody). I can barely type lol

Awesome- those workouts are best- after they are over!!! Well done:)
  • gela130
    Hi everyone! This looks like the group I've been looking for. A lot of the groups on here just post results, steps, etc and say they want to talk and support each other daily, but they don't. Everyone here seems very motivated to keep in touch and support each other :smile:

I just turned 46 last month. I started my weight loss journey (this time around lol) on 12-3-19 with "Noom". I've lost 34 lbs so far, but I still have 17 lbs to go. I've plateaued and need a new outlet to motivate me, so here I am.

I look forward to getting to know everyone here and supporting you all!

Welcome!! How are you liking noom? You have made great progress with it!
  • gela130
    Good morning!! I just finished reading the posts I have missed. You all have such amazing stories and it is a blessing to be able to share in them with you❤ lack of human contact makes it easy to focus on only one's own story's but reading your posts is very inspiring! Thank you! I have been terrible about logging my food but I have been staying well within my IF fasting period. Weighing in on Saturday🤞🏻 of course aunt flow is due to arrive and I hate how that messes with the scale. Are you all daily or weekly weighers?? Not sure which strategy i should use. I have been getting my workouts in- with two of my daughters joining me, lol! We literally got 7 inches of snow yesterday - and I am angry about that!! Anxious to be outside consistently. I love the walking book club somebody mentioned- how clever:) hope you all have a great day today!

"The hard days are what make you stronger." Aly Raisman
  • elisemarahannon
    elisemarahannon Posts: 1 Member
    Hello! I guess I’m the old lady here at 54 😊. 5’5 1/2 and 173. I’ve lost 50lbs twice in the last 8 years, but always gain it back. I’ve done WW and Quick Weight Loss and have been doing MFP, but don’t always log in everything. Most of the time I give up after half the day and figure I’ll just start again tomorrow. I try to exercise everyday, taking the dog for a walk, then going on the treadmill or in the pool and attempt to do weights 3 days a week. I think if I had a community trying to do the same thing, it might give me more motivation!!
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    edited April 2020
    @elisemarahannon Welcome! I turned 54 in February so you're not alone! I could have written your story lol. I've done WW about six times over the years. I always do good at losing but then always gain it all back. Boo!! I think you're right in saying having a community might help us stay on track. I finally got committed to daily exercise when I subscribed to Beachbody on Demand last October. I've hardly missed a day. It's so fun to have different instructors and types of workouts. And for $99 a year, it's money well spent.

@SassyBelle070707 Haha, thanks for helping my justify my purchase. The guy called me and said he doesn't have any new ones in stock but he could sell me the display model. He said obviously nobody has used it to workout, it's just a model. I asked for a discount and he took 10% off so I'm happy with that. And bonus-it's put together so I don't even have to do that! A marathon!?!? I bow down to you. Running is the one thing I've never been able to get into at all. I just hate it lol. PS-it's easy to respond to everyone if you have two screens and can read on one and post on one. Otherwise it's hard to keep scrolling up and down haha.

Leg day is done. I must be a masochist because I really like leg day. Haha.

I have a busy weekend coming, compared to what life has been like. I get to leave the house three days in a row! LOL I have to drop my son off at his dad's after work and then go pick up my bike. I took it in a couple of weeks ago to get a good tuneup. I'm so excited for warm weather coming (someday!) so I can get outside and ride. Then tomorrow I have a grocery pickup finally-they are not easy to schedule anymore. And then Sunday I'll be driving about an hour away to get my weight rack and dumbbells. I also need to carry all the dumbbells I have now and my weight rack upstairs to the garage to make room. I'm going to try to sell them on Facebook Marketplace, but I'm NOT going to price gouge. That makes me so mad!

Have a good evening ladies! :)