Visceral fat but skinny

Options
Hi, I want to lose visceral fat but I’m quite skinny and I don’t want to lose weight as if I lost more i’d probably become underweight. How can I get a flat stomach if I have visceral fat without dieting to lose weight? I recently starting eating a clean, healthy diet and exercising regularly with weight training. I’m not on a caloric deficit though. Will this eventually help me get rid of the visceral fat or is it only possible by losing weight?

Replies

• Jin_tan
    Jin_tan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Reduce your carbs intake and do abs and cores workout
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    sopicha260 wrote: »
    Hi, I want to lose visceral fat but I’m quite skinny and I don’t want to lose weight as if I lost more i’d probably become underweight. How can I get a flat stomach if I have visceral fat without dieting to lose weight? I recently starting eating a clean, healthy diet and exercising regularly with weight training. I’m not on a caloric deficit though. Will this eventually help me get rid of the visceral fat or is it only possible by losing weight?

First, what makes you so sure you've got too much visceral fat? If indeed you do, exercise, both weight training and cardio are both helpful. But it would be very unusual for a thin person to have excess visceral fat. What scan or diagnostic method was used?
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce where you lose weight.