covid-19 and weight gain

2»

Replies

• richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    naj1991 wrote: »
    update...its been a few weeks and for the most part ive been able to maintain. my work pants are getting a tad tighter, but i dont mind it too much. I think its okay for me to eat a bit more now, since i want to gain some weight ,but still keeping everything else in check

how is everyone elses quarantine going

Actually better. I'm eating out almost never now (used to all the time) and while I'm not working out at a high intensity, I am doing a lot of short walks to limit cabin fever (say 3 x 2 miles) each day. The beginning of all this threw me off my routine, which is always bad for me, but once I found a routine again, I've been losing again.
  • naj1991
    naj1991 Posts: 93 Member
    naj1991 wrote: »
    update...its been a few weeks and for the most part ive been able to maintain. my work pants are getting a tad tighter, but i dont mind it too much. I think its okay for me to eat a bit more now, since i want to gain some weight ,but still keeping everything else in check

how is everyone elses quarantine going

Actually better. I'm eating out almost never now (used to all the time) and while I'm not working out at a high intensity, I am doing a lot of short walks to limit cabin fever (say 3 x 2 miles) each day. The beginning of all this threw me off my routine, which is always bad for me, but once I found a routine again, I've been losing again.

thats great to hear! what did you do to get back into a routine
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Got off to a rough start. It's been hard with kids home, trying to homeschool them, no time to myself, 5 hours of broken up sleep every night (uch baby is teething and restless, that part is the worst), no motivation to workout or eat properly. I was losing a lot of weight despite trying to maintain. We finally have (more) food in the house so that helps a bit with having more food to eat. But still so busy and I keep forgetting. Urg. Oh well.
  • 92019start
    92019start Posts: 80 Member
    I wish I liked the way I felt when I’m heavier. I feel terrible. I’m trying to eat foods like egg whites and fat free Greek yogurt that seem filling, but don’t have a lot of calories.