Metabolic Confusion

Options
Hi all! Was wondering if anyone has tried the metabolic confusion diet and if so, can you give me some pointers on where to start. I’m trying to meal prep and I just need some really basic meals. I’m not sure if my daily calorie intake is supposed to stay the same with it or not. Right now my cal intake is 1400. I work out 5/7 days and do HITT and some other cardio along with lifting. Any suggestions or even personal experience feedback would be great! Thanks!

Replies

• ahoyacdm
    ahoyacdm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the diet and put my calories into MFP and I ate over 1400 yesterday and it was all whole foods. And I'm losing.
  • amy19355
    amy19355 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Stole this article from @estherdragonbat about metabolic confusion and metabolic damage. It is awesome!

https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/metabolic-damage/

That is a great article. Thanks for sharing it. Best myth buster explanation I’ve seen in awhile.
  • serena_angel09
    serena_angel09 Posts: 4 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Thank you so much for providing that link! Within that I have stubbled along some great points and learned a lot!
  • Pamela_Sue
    Pamela_Sue Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Stole this article from @estherdragonbat about metabolic confusion and metabolic damage. It is awesome!

https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/metabolic-damage/

Thank you for posting. Best explanation I have read. I needed to hear this.
  • amsipub
    amsipub Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I've tried practically all the diets out there and my results are extremely small and takes a lot of time normally and it's very frustrating with pure calorie restriction (even can gain weight which is even more frustrating). Atkins made me lose weight at first but then I got really sick from it and had food aversion to meat for almost a year. So, this week I heard about metabolic confusion and gave it a shot. I'm doing more of an Atkins diet one day and then I eat whatever I want the next day and I've lost 4 lbs. this week. And I don't normally lose that kind of weight even starting a diet. So for me it works. Does it work for everyone? I have no idea. But I'll try anything to lose the weight :)
  • harper16
    harper16 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    amsipub wrote: »
    I've tried practically all the diets out there and my results are extremely small and takes a lot of time normally and it's very frustrating with pure calorie restriction (even can gain weight which is even more frustrating). Atkins made me lose weight at first but then I got really sick from it and had food aversion to meat for almost a year. So, this week I heard about metabolic confusion and gave it a shot. I'm doing more of an Atkins diet one day and then I eat whatever I want the next day and I've lost 4 lbs. this week. And I don't normally lose that kind of weight even starting a diet. So for me it works. Does it work for everyone? I have no idea. But I'll try anything to lose the weight :)

Why not just count calories? Losing weight is all about being in a calorie deficit. Do you think the reason the diets don't work is because you choose diets that you won't stick with for life?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,234 Member
    Options
    amsipub wrote: »

Worked for a whole week, eh? Very good. Here's hoping that continues! :)