07/08: 161lbs
    07/15: 162.4
    07/22: ---
    07/29: 161.2
    08/05: 157.4
    08/12:155
    08/19: ---
    08/26: 157.6

Up 2.6lbs from the last time I weighed myself. I'm really not surprised. I did it to myself by not working out as hard. No excuses.

I'm incredibly irritated/stressed at the moment, so I'm going to bed soon. This day has been hell. I can really only vent on here, so <begin vent> My Mother In Law has decided that I'm stuck up and I think I'm better than her and my father in law because I won't allow my son to be in their house that REAKS OF CIGARETTE SMOKE! I mean literally the walls are sweating tar. It's disgusting. I put up with it when it was me, but I didn't go over there while I was pregnant and we will go visit now as long as we stay outside. But we don't go in and she is upset because her grandson can't go inside. Which frankly, I would rather be the B**** than to subject my son to that crap. The man smokes 2-3 packs a day and there is no reasoning with him. But now I'm a horrible person and she is telling my husband (her son) all of this instead of confronting me. Even when he explains to her that neither one of us want our son to be in that environment, she blames it on me. She won't talk about it to me though. Mind you I put myself aside in this argument, I've dealt with asthma my whole adult life, just now realizing that it is brought on by irritants in the air, like smoke. I don't know how to go about dealing with this issue, so I've just put my foot down. If she wants to be mad at me then I guess so be it. I'm not giving in, when my son has no choice. I'm very thankful my husband agrees with me. But I really hate that he has to be at odds with his mother. <end vent>

My weekend pact is to get back on track. I need to get healthy first, pretty sure I have bronchitis. Lots of healthy whole foods and a ton of water and rest for me! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

PS- Robin the map is amazing. Well done!

PPS- thank you all for letting me vent... even if you don't read it, it felt good to get out!
  • janana81
    janana81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Kerri - you had the same thought as me - MN just in time for Des's wedding! :) Woo-hoo!

Dani - I think you hit the nail on the head for you, Kerri! I think it is a good idea to go back and see what was working int he past.
  • janana81
    Options

I'm incredibly irritated/stressed at the moment, so I'm going to bed soon. This day has been hell. I can really only vent on here, so <begin vent> My Mother In Law has decided that I'm stuck up and I think I'm better than her and my father in law because I won't allow my son to be in their house that REAKS OF CIGARETTE SMOKE! I mean literally the walls are sweating tar. It's disgusting. I put up with it when it was me, but I didn't go over there while I was pregnant and we will go visit now as long as we stay outside. But we don't go in and she is upset because her grandson can't go inside. Which frankly, I would rather be the B**** than to subject my son to that crap. The man smokes 2-3 packs a day and there is no reasoning with him. But now I'm a horrible person and she is telling my husband (her son) all of this instead of confronting me. Even when he explains to her that neither one of us want our son to be in that environment, she blames it on me. She won't talk about it to me though. Mind you I put myself aside in this argument, I've dealt with asthma my whole adult life, just now realizing that it is brought on by irritants in the air, like smoke. I don't know how to go about dealing with this issue, so I've just put my foot down. If she wants to be mad at me then I guess so be it. I'm not giving in, when my son has no choice. I'm very thankful my husband agrees with me. But I really hate that he has to be at odds with his mother. <end vent>

I know exactly how you feel with smoke. It has to do with my mom and her loser boyfriend. Thank God now she has been smoke free for 2 months...unfortunately it came from having to be in the hospital, have a bypass, have part of her foot cut off and be in rehab.

But man. Sometimes some smokers are so selfish. My oldest son would stay overnight there, and even though my mom didn't smoke while he was there....her boyfriend did and the poor kid would be all stuffed up the next day. My husband has a hard time with smoke too.

Vent away sistah!
  • janana81
    Options
    My weigh in. Somehow I am down 0.8! Woo-hoo! LOL.

07/08 = 125.2
    07/15 = 123.4
    07/22 = 122.6
    07/29 = 122.6
    08/05 = 125.2
    08/12 = 124.2
    08/19 = 125.8
    08/26 = 125
  • Lindz8afish
    Lindz8afish Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    As much as I hate to do this, I know it's needed. I need to simplify my life and stop obsessing over my fitness pal right now. I am going to have to leave the challenge group :sad: I am starting school here soon, we aren't doing great financially (I know, who is right now) and I can feel my anxiety is through the rough. So I really need to focus on things other than counting every single calorie right now. I really haven't been a great help to the group the last few weeks and I don't see it changing anytime soon.
    I can't afford to binge eat, and exercising has become my de-stress time. So I feel like I will be alright. You guys have been amazing, and really it sort of feels like I'm breaking up with someone hah. But you can bet I will be back once things settle down and I learn how to juggle school, my son, my dogs, housework and figuring out a way to get out of debt! Thank you for everything, seriously, EVERYTHING. See you all sooner rather than later, I hope!
  • loria30
    loria30 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Good luck Lindsay! Hope t see you back soon!

Reporting my calorie burn for the week at 1882...I was hoping to hit 2000, oh well. :-( On to the new week.
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Thank you Dani for your input and I definitely agree. I had a long talk with TJ about this and he gave me his honest input about what I've been doing. I am going to take September off from CrossFit and just do some cardio, the kinds I love like spinning, kickboxing, my JMichaels DVD's, Wii, etc.. He tells me that I absolutely look the best I have since we've met and of course he wouldn't care if I did anything else, BUT he knows I'm quite obsessed with reaching goals, getting rid of some problem areas, etc. . He offered to help cook and help me monitor myself. TODAY I am starting back with counting calories. I abandoned it when I started the Paleo lifestyle. I'm hoping to just relax and have some fun this month. We are going dress shopping on 9/22.. I KNOW I will not be at my goal of being in the 150's, but I'm ok with that. I will be ok!

Calorie burn for last week: 5,167 =)

Lindz, take care of yourself. Keep in touch darling!
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    @ Kerri- You are going dress shopping on my son's first birthday!

@ Lindz- Good luck with school and such

My calorie burn for last week was 4135. I thought it would be a bit higher but I got sick on Friday and have been battling staying awake ever since. Plus we had the Hurricane come through here which made it impossible to exercise. I am starting to get over this stupid cold (at least I can hear again). Once I get past this I need to get back into a routine. I haven't been logging for the last few days so starting tomorrow I am going to start up strong with that again and once I feel better, get back into a work out routine.

Goals:

- log everything (Tues-Sun)
    - drink water
    - relax and get better
    - watch sodium intake
    - stick to pre-established meal plan for dinners.
  • Becky011
    Becky011 Posts: 384
    Options
    Last weeks cals burned 2190
  • Becky011
    Options
    Good luck girl! We still got your back :) best wishes in all that you are working on right now. It will all come together because you are makin it happen :flowerforyou:

As much as I hate to do this, I know it's needed. I need to simplify my life and stop obsessing over my fitness pal right now. I am going to have to leave the challenge group :sad: I am starting school here soon, we aren't doing great financially (I know, who is right now) and I can feel my anxiety is through the rough. So I really need to focus on things other than counting every single calorie right now. I really haven't been a great help to the group the last few weeks and I don't see it changing anytime soon.
    I can't afford to binge eat, and exercising has become my de-stress time. So I feel like I will be alright. You guys have been amazing, and really it sort of feels like I'm breaking up with someone hah. But you can bet I will be back once things settle down and I learn how to juggle school, my son, my dogs, housework and figuring out a way to get out of debt! Thank you for everything, seriously, EVERYTHING. See you all sooner rather than later, I hope!
  • Becky011
    Options
    Hey, vent all you need!! We are here for you!
    07/08: 161lbs
    07/15: 162.4
    07/22: ---
    07/29: 161.2
    08/05: 157.4
    08/12:155
    08/19: ---
    08/26: 157.6

Up 2.6lbs from the last time I weighed myself. I'm really not surprised. I did it to myself by not working out as hard. No excuses.

My weekend pact is to get back on track. I need to get healthy first, pretty sure I have bronchitis. Lots of healthy whole foods and a ton of water and rest for me! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

PS- Robin the map is amazing. Well done!

PPS- thank you all for letting me vent... even if you don't read it, it felt good to get out!
  • LurayneMarie
    LurayneMarie Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Quick note:

Sorry Im missing so much :( Ive put MFP on the back burner for the last week because my boyfriend was leaving and we were spending as much time together as possible. He flew out this morning and I am an emotional wreck but I'll be fine Im just missing him like crazy already. I will be back on track by the weekend I hope and now that all my friends are moving on with their lives aswell and most are leaving Dublin too in the next 2 weeks, I will have nothing to occupy me only getting fit and healthy. Which is a good and bad thing I suppose! I can focus on being healthy without any obstacles like dining out or partying BUT I will have no friends for the next 6 months! WAH!!!
    I am leaving the country in January 2012 and I will meet my bf in New Zealand and we're going to travel our faces off while we can. If we don't do it now it will never happen.
    So that's you all up to speed on my life at the moment! Im still here! Im just going to get the next few days out of my system and hopefully I'll get some motivation back into me next week.
    You're all doing great. Kerri, enjoy getting back to basics :) Lindsay, I wish you the best of luck over the next couple of months, I hope everything works out well for you and would love to see you back when things settle down for you xx
    Lori, get well soon and the rest of you keep up the great work! I'll talk to you all properly in the next few days
    Peace! xox
  • Becky011
    Options
    Loraine -
    :( I can only imagine I would miss my boyfriend like crazyyyyy if he was going to be gone so long! But so good you have your travels together to look forward to :) have a great week!! Kick some butt!! :-) xoxo
  • LurayneMarie
    Options
    Loraine -
    :( I can only imagine I would miss my boyfriend like crazyyyyy if he was going to be gone so long! But so good you have your travels together to look forward to :) have a great week!! Kick some butt!! :-) xoxo

Thanks Becky! And as I mentioned in my status earlier today, I lost 1lb and 2 inches in the last week and a half even with all this over eating and laziness! So getting back on track is looking a lot less daunting now! Happy that I don't have to start from scratch again :) I will kick some butt soon don't worry! xox
  • kerriBB37
    Options
    FML!!!!!!!!!!!!

10 mile race Saturday
    Mon, Tues, Wed and Thurs busted my *kitten* at the gym and I gained this week. I'm going to stop putting my weights up because I'm so ticked off!!! =(

Tonight I have my cousins wedding, I'm not going to drink so that I can get up early and attend two classes at the gym. I'm sick of this!
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    7/8: 162.0
    7/15: 162.0
    7/22: 160.6
    7/29: 160.2
    8/5: 159.4
    8/12: 157.6
    8/19: 158.2
    8/26: 157.2
    9/2: 158.0

Not suprised but frustrated. I have been sick and now TOM is here so I didn't expect much. I just hoped for a little loss to motivate me. But I will have to find the motivation somewhere else. I am feeling better which is nice but TOM is kicking my butt this month.

This weekend is going to be tough. It is labor day weekend which means one thing... FAIRS. We are going to the Spencer Fair on Saturday and Woodstock Fair on Sunday. That means HORRIBLE food choices on top of even WORSE food choices. I am hoping to drink lots of water and walk a lot and make the least damaging of the bad food choices (meaning eating a cheeseburger instead of fried dough). We will see how it goes.

Have a great weekend!
  • LurayneMarie
    Options
    Blahhhhh! Don't know what going on but Ive eaten nothing but chocolate the last 3 days. I feel physically ill. Tomorrow morning I am forcing myself out of this rutt. I need to get back running and I need to get back to healthy eating or Im actually going to make myself sick. This is not good at all :(
  • loria30
    loria30 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Never reported my lowly calorie burn last week of 274. That's what happens when you throw out your back.
  • kerriBB37
    Options
    Calories burned last week (Mon-Sun) was 5,842! =)

I've been running every day.. I'm now going to start taking a rest day every few days (today.)
  • Becky011
    Options
    total cals last week 1659. I worked out 3 days then couldn't for a couple of days for health reasons. But I am up and running again :) Worked out this am and took a body fat % test for the first time! BF was 30.1%, not great at all but thankfully in the "acceptable " range, though on the high end. Also had measurements taken adn this program they have says my "waist to hip ratio" is good. Not a bad thing!

I'm going to try seeing this new trainer every couple of weeks i think. Just to try something new and hopefully get smarter about what i'm doing. Going to finally get a heart rate monitor too!!