Covid-19 (not virus, but #)

13»

Replies

• nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Today is exactly one month since my original post in this thread. I have barely left the house except to walk daily and grab, essentials and deliver food to my mom. Honestly, I’m not even sure how I feel about that. My eating hasn’t been great, but I’m cutting myself some slack, at least I e been exercising regularly. Hang in there
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    nowine4me wrote: »
    For those that are new to working from home, what are you doing to avoid gaining weight during this time? My desk and kitchen are one in the same, next to the pantry. Light schedule and boredom eating is setting in. I’m lucky to have nice walking trails and a gym in the garage, but still need to keep the wheels turning for work. Not to mention the drinking....

I feel like I'm working harder since setting up at home. Definitely longer hours, and I find it difficult to stop at my usual lunch time. So no boredom and no extra weight for me.
  • TonyB0588
    The only difference to my schedule is that instead of going home for lunch I now do my walking at lunch time. I do not snack a lot at work so I don't when I am working remotely either. My morning and evening routines are still exactly the same. And my home office is in my kitchen also. ;) I do wish when my company was sending folks to do remote that have not done it before that they would have allowed them to take their peripherals with them. They would be much more productive imo and it's not like monitors and such are that expensive these days anyway. I only hope that they don't close down our businesses.

aps0mh5l5496.png

I took my mouse and mousepad, but would really have loved to bring home my second large screen. Unfortunately, it was removed from the original base and mounted on a fixed pole at the back of my desk, so wasn't so easy to grab it on the way out.
  • TonyB0588
    Talan79 wrote: »
    I’m keeping active & still eat like I did before. Alcohol consumption is now a daily thing vs just special occasions. I have some basic weights at home so I’ve worked out my own routine based on what I can do.
    I run daily. Sometimes even a walk in the afternoon. I’m averaging 14K steps. Yesterday I hit 24K. Actually down a pound after maintaining.
    Stress and anxiety also decreases my appetite.

Good for you. My steps are way down now, from 7,000 to about 3,000. And the curfew and lockdown limit my ability to go for long outdoor walks. Aiming for twice a week on the home treadmill.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    I feel like I'm eating less, trying to move more...but the # on the scale seems to be trending up these days. The big difference for me is no heavy lifting. No access to the gym or park(for my running). So, I do about 1 hr workout in the morning (cardio plus abs, some dumbbell strength training), walk in place while I watch a show, do laps around the house, do pullups when I use the rr, then take a longer walk in the afternoon. But I guess my night time snacking really adds up.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    My husband stopped snacking. I never particularly snack but have been walking the dog a lot more for exercise (allowed here) and haven't been snacking. We aren't eating out so my lunch calories are down a bit. I've lost 8 pounds.
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    What am I doing? Getting back on MFP to drop the extra 7lbs I've put on since being stuck at home and the gym closed...
  • ExistingFish
    Our gyms are reopening Monday, but with severe restrictions.

You are expected to wear a mask to the gym, and you can only take it off for cardio, not weight lifting. You need to wear it while in the free weights section. You are also expected to keep 12' distance, which is a lot of distance. That will severely limit the amount of people who can work out.
  • Biggiwig69
    Biggiwig69 Posts: 38 Member

You are expected to wear a mask to the gym, and you can only take it off for cardio, not weight lifting. You need to wear it while in the free weights section. You are also expected to keep 12' distance, which is a lot of distance. That will severely limit the amount of people who can work out.

Wow! Don’t think I am going back to the gym under these restrictions. Hopefully they let people out of the contract.
  • ExistingFish
    Biggiwig69 wrote: »

Wow! Don’t think I am going back to the gym under these restrictions. Hopefully they let people out of the contract.

Well, the governor said you needed a mask and could take it off for cardio but not free weights, but I read the actual release which just says you can remove it while actively exercising. If it creates a problem, I'd remove my mask while lifting - that is active exercising. I'm not sure that he understood what goes into "free weight training".

I'm just happy the gym can open. I'll happily keep paying, I love my gym and the owners - I was willing to keep paying while they were closed. Those people still need their paycheck as much as I need mine.

I go to a local, family-owned gym, not a chain. I could see a different answer if we had corporate money coming in.

I can't wait to go back, I will go back as soon as I can and wear a mask.