Dr poon diet

Options
StrongCrich
StrongCrich Posts: 20 Member
edited April 2020 in Health and Weight Loss
Hello, just wondering if anyone is on the dr poon diet? Currently still on phase one and it’s been a success so far. Just wanted to see how long it took others to reach their goals and find out how everyone is doing.

Replies

• KrissFlavored
    KrissFlavored Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    What is the Dr Poon Diet? You could just count calories, it is pretty simple.

http://www.poondiet.com/
  • KrissFlavored
    edited April 2020
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »
    Sounds like a keto variation. "Turns fat into fuel."

This comment made me chuckle.................
    Dr. Poon’s Metabolic Diet is designed to shed stored body fat; particularly that carried around the waist

Maybe I didnt read it correctly but it seems that snoring is in the list for medical conditions that cause weight gain. Or maybe it's just a side effect.. but I dont see why that alone would need a specialized diet
  • savannahs21
    savannahs21 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Low fat and low carb, sounds similar to Dr. Now's diet.
  • KrissFlavored
    Options
    On her other thread, she said she has lost 31 pounds so she is having some success with it..
  • StrongCrich
    Options
    @KrissFlavored hey Kris, yes I have had success with it and it’s is a lifestyle change. Have you tried it? My doctor put me on it since I was having trouble losing weight after having my twins. I think I could continue on like this. I feel healthier. All I wanted to know if anyone else has tried it and how their journey is going.
  • StrongCrich
    Options
    @L1zardQueen ya I’m not as good as counting calories but MFP does help. I find I can eat as much protein as I want just have to limit the fat and carb :)
  • StrongCrich
    Options
    @dbanks80 I know I’m going to regret asking this but are their threads on here like that? No right? Lmaooo
  • StrongCrich
    Options
    @KrissFlavored hey Kris, yes I have had success with it and it’s is a lifestyle change. Have you tried it? My doctor put me on it since I was having trouble losing weight after having my twins. I think I could continue on like this. I feel healthier. All I wanted to know if anyone else has tried it and how their journey is going.

No. Mostly because I consider this to technically be a fad diet.. or something along the lines of weight watchers or something similar.

Since I am a carb eater, it wouldnt make sense for me to take part in a diet that demonizes them. Especially since I've been losing weight while eating them. I am 34 so the thought of never having the amount of carbs I want and nothing high fat either for the next.. 50 years assuming I dont die before that.. doesnt really sound like the life I wanna have.

Totally see your point. Take care!

• KrissFlavored
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    TeaBea wrote: »
    Sounds like a keto variation. "Turns fat into fuel."

This comment made me chuckle.................
    Dr. Poon’s Metabolic Diet is designed to shed stored body fat; particularly that carried around the waist

Maybe I didnt read it correctly but it seems that snoring is in the list for medical conditions that cause weight gain. Or maybe it's just a side effect.. but I dont see why that alone would need a specialized diet

Not sure about the relation to a specialized diet, but with snoring often a sign of sleep apnea, if it's left untreated, the exhaustion can influence both decision making and hormone levels.

I snore but got tested for sleep apnea and dont have it.
    I suppose it could just be there for the people not diagnosed yet
  • jelleigh
    jelleigh Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Hey.
    So I'm enrolled at my local Dr Poon clinic because my family dr wants me to lose some weight in efforts to avoid becoming diabetic. From the sounds of the referral process, snoring does not need to be some huge factor in attending. They certainly never asked me about it other than a passing question.

I had success in both stage 1 and 2. Its essentially a lower fat Keto (which makes it low everything IMO and thus not very sustainable long term).

I like that every two weeks I get a detailed read out on my body composition so I keep going. But truthfully, the diet doesn't 'sit' right with me. Im so for low carb and low sugar diets. They are what work for me (because I've got a wonky pancreas and a pre disposition for blood sugar issues so diets that are high in big and protein and cut things that comparatively elevate sugar levels are best in my case). But I don't agree with the number of "fake" foods that you can intake. Now this is totally just personal feelings. From a weight loss perspective, zero calorie things like diet sodas and no sugar jello are god sends. But I feel from a nutritional perspective, it's junk. So anyhow- long term I'm iffy on it. It helped me lose my first 15 easily. Now I'm doing Whole 30 which I prefer and can stick to. But once all the lockdown opens up and the clinic reopens, I'm still going for my weigh in print out because I'm a data nerd and like the stats ;)