OPENING UP 🐛 (over 100+ pounds to lose)

Options
2»

Replies

• deanrebecca157
    deanrebecca157 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 23, 290lbs and a mother to a toddler who I want to be able to keep up with better than I can now, I have a long way to go but the first step is one I want to take along side people who know how hard it is, every choice and decision made is a battle won in this war.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I am 23, 290lbs and a mother to a toddler who I want to be able to keep up with better than I can now, I have a long way to go but the first step is one I want to take along side people who know how hard it is, every choice and decision made is a battle won in this war.

Try not to think of it as a battle or a war or even dwell on how far you need to go. You only actually need to get through today. Allow tomorrow to be tomorrow you's problem. Today is a good day to lose a little weight and if possible to be happy(ish) while doing it. I learned the hard way not to try and force weight loss but to just allow it to happen. Today I will eat a fair amount of nutrient dense food and a few treats I will enjoy. I will end the day with a calorie deficit and my weight loss show up eventually on the scale or in an NSV.

If you are attempting to lose weight in a sensible and sustainable fashion I have a group for people who are starting or originally started with 75 or more pounds to lose. They are great people who all really understand what it means. Here is the link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133315-larger-losers
  • SarahsJourney7
    SarahsJourney7 Posts: 46 Member
    Options

Hey beautiful! Listen you are still young and don’t need to be so hard on yourself. You just had a baby. You can do this! One step at a time. That’s it. Block out those negative thoughts because as you said your baby needs you! You can do it and I believe in you! I just added you as a friend. Message me if you ever need anything! We can do it!!!
    🦋💗🦋💗🦋💗🦋💗
    Ps. Remember that nobodies journey is perfect we all fall and get up plenty of times. But it’s the getting up and choosing to keep going part after a mistake that makes the journey and makes up for success!!
  • SarahsJourney7
    Options
    NovusDies wrote: »

Try not to think of it as a battle or a war or even dwell on how far you need to go. You only actually need to get through today. Allow tomorrow to be tomorrow you's problem. Today is a good day to lose a little weight and if possible to be happy(ish) while doing it. I learned the hard way not to try and force weight loss but to just allow it to happen. Today I will eat a fair amount of nutrient dense food and a few treats I will enjoy. I will end the day with a calorie deficit and my weight loss show up eventually on the scale or in an NSV.

If you are attempting to lose weight in a sensible and sustainable fashion I have a group for people who are starting or originally started with 75 or more pounds to lose. They are great people who all really understand what it means. Here is the link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133315-larger-losers

Wonderful words! 💗💗💗
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    i have added you. we got this hun 😊❤️💪
  • SarahsJourney7
    Options
    Thank you! I appreciate everyone’s support!
  • NightwalkerRN
    NightwalkerRN Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I relate so much to everything you said... I turn 29 next month and am the heaviest I've ever been. I want to lose 85 pounds by the end of this year. I need friends! :)
  • dishiznice
    dishiznice Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    you got this. thank you for opening up as it allows others to feel comfortable to do the same. good luck in your journey and know that every day won't be easy, but each day you will feel better than the last if you are doing the right things to progress towards a life-long goal of being healthy!
  • daniels8186
    daniels8186 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    The best of luck on your journey.If you need one more person rooting for you add me.
  • RandyMarieJourneytoHealthy
    Options
    Hi Sarah!

I read your whole post and am cheering you on! You've got this, you can do this, you are worth it!

We are a similar age and weight
    I just turned 30 in March and as if 4/23 was 301lbs. The highest weight I have ever been. Since joining MFP that night, I have counted my calories, logged every bite, cut out drinking my calories, and have started IF. I am looking for new friends on here for motivation and accountability. I'll send you a request.
  • melc2910
    melc2910 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hey! I’m Mel and I am extremely overweight too. I’d love to be friends with you and help eachother stay motivated :)