Options

Replies

• lgwmab
    lgwmab Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 2 – BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced)
    Week TWO Daily Exercise Challenge
    Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team
    members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus
    Points. Welcome to Week 2 you are the BUSHMEN it’s time to push yourself! Make sure you begin each
    exercise challenge with a 4 minute tabata workout.
    Day 1 - 5 minute bearwalk, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back),
    20 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)
    Day 2 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15
    Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 20 Pushups (modified if needed)
    Day 3 - 5 minute bearwalk, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back),
    Day 4 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15
    Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 20 Pushups (modified if needed)
    Day 5 - 5 minute bearwalk, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back),
    Day 6 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15
    Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of Woodchops, 20 Pushups (modified if needed)
    Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVE IT! Week 3 we’re are stepping it up to another level! BE PSYCHED!
    *******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********
    Week Two Weekly Team Challenge
    Same water and calories challenge plus Walk, Run or Jog a 5K this week. For each day you do a 5K (3.1
    miles your team will get an additional bonus point. 1 point per day per participant)
  • lgwmab
    Options
    SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 2 –PYGMY SERIES (Advanced)
    Week One Daily Exercise Challenge
    Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team
    members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus
    Points.
    Welcome to Week 2 you are the PYGYMY TRIBE it’s time to push yourself! Make modifications as
    necessary and use water bottles, soup cans or my favorite Tomato Juice cans as weights! They really do
    work!
    Day 1 - 1 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 25 Split Squats, 1.5 mile walk, jog, run
    Day 2 – 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers
    Day 3 1 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 25 Split Squats, 1.5 mile walk, jog, run
    Day 4 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers
    Day 5 1 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 25 Split Squats, 1.5 mile walk, jog, run
    Day 6 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers
    Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVED IT! BTW If you did all the walking congratulations you completed 4.5
    miles. A 5k is only 3.1 Still sure you can’t do a 5K? Next week we’re going to see!
    *******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********
    Week Two Weekly Team Challenge
    Same water and calories challenge plus Walk, Run or Jog an extra mile this week. (This is a mile above
    days 1, 3, 5) IF you choose you would 1 mile for daily and 1 mile for weekly on days 1,3,5. For each day
    you do an extra mile your team will get an additional bonus point. 1 point per day per participant)
    IF YOU ARE FEELING TIRED AND SORE THAT IS TERRIFIC! THAT MEANS THAT WEAKNESS IS LEAVING
    YOUR BODY AND YOU ARE GETTING STRONGER! IF YOU FEEL NOTHING THEN YOU EITHER NEED TO
    INCREASE YOUR RATE OR WEIGHT OR MOVE TO BUSHMEN! Keep going strong!
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    All exercise for today is done. Water is off the charts. Calories are good! Just have to make it through tomorrow (day off! yippee!)
  • bearsfan2334
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

Sorry but I did not get the exercises in for Friday since we were busy playing tourists all day! (I know a lot of you saw my status)

Yesterday - completed. Drank lots of water.

I am not going to lie guys, I am kind of nervous for this week. Thanks for all your support so far.
  • meli_medina
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

Sorry but I did not get the exercises in for Friday since we were busy playing tourists all day! (I know a lot of you saw my status)

Yesterday - completed. Drank lots of water.

I am not going to lie guys, I am kind of nervous for this week. Thanks for all your support so far.

You are stronger than you think!

And... as someone who absolutely HATES burpees, I will challenge you that I will do burpees without whining for the duration of the week if you get the Pygmy's done. You'll save the team from a LOT of whining. LOL!

Oh, and as an extra bonus, I will do all 20 pushups unmodified, which I've never done before in my life! hehehe
  • lgwmab
    Options
    Everyone is doing great! I am so proud of my team. Don't worry if u can't get something done, I never got the extra mile in on friday. I had way to much to do for going camping.
  • meli_medina
    Options
    Log/Water is great for today. Went to the zoo and hiked their trails for almost 3 hours! (By hiking, it really is hiking... love our zoo! They host a 5K that is run through the zoo every year and we took almost the exact route and then some. My kids are plum worn out! LOL! Now if I could only actually run that 5K... the one time I tried it I nearly died! There is a 1/2 mile steep-grade hill smack in the middle of the zoo. Once I got to the top of that, I was toast for the rest of the hills in Wild Africa Safari!)

I'm a little nervous about weigh in tomorrow. I seem to be retaining some water from the added fitness from the challenge, plus I had a glass of wine last night. Hoping the extra water today has me back to where I was on Friday and Saturday, which is a small loss, at least. :)
  • leosmom1220
    leosmom1220 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Lindsay said we will be using Wednesday as a weigh in day but I know how you feel. I gave in today and I'm praying my scale is acting goofy because it said I gained 2 lbs rather than lost and I have web drinking way more water than normal.
  • meli_medina
    Options
    Ah well that's good that it won't count here! LOL! I have a challenge I have to weigh to finish up, though. It will still be at least a maintain based off of my weigh in last Monday, though. :)

I hope everyone has a GREAT Labor Day! :)
  • justnname
    Options
    It's Labor Day! A day off! Woo Hoo!

I got the crunches and the 1.5 miles with my workout this morning. I am dreading the bear walk.. I will do that later with my Jiggle Jacks.

Everyone have a Safe Holiday. EAT WELL. YOU DESERVE IT
  • meli_medina
    Options
    The good news is I got back to where I maintained weight since Wednesday. Also good news in that I just ran 3.2 miles in 35 minutes, both qualifying me for an extra 5K point for the group and putting me in a position to ROCK MY 5K next week! :tongue: Well, maybe not rock it in the grand scheme of things, because that is still a 10-plus minute mile, but rock it because I will reach my first 5K goal of a 5K in 35 or less! Woohoo!

Going to ice my shins and rest a bit then hit on the bear walk (:grumble: ) and the other exercises including the burpees (:grumble: ). Hope everyone has a great holiday! :)
  • lgwmab
    Options
    Everyone is doing a great job! I am so proud of this team. I have my bear walk left to do. My walk turned into a hike, some extra steep hills and odd terain in the dells. Back to work, the new camper needs some TLC.
  • justnname
    Options
    Jiggle Jacks, Bear Walk, and Split squats DONE! Today Challenge is COMPLETE!

As for weigh in. I weigh in on Fridays.

Back to reality tomorrow YUCK
  • jdhosier
    jdhosier Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    - Jiggle Jacks are done. I had to do 2 sets of 50.
    - Bear Walk was weird, but done. I almost collapsed near the one minute mark.
    - Split Squats are done... at least, I think they are done. I did 13 on each leg for a total of 26. I hope that is correct. I had to have a hand on a bench to help up and down (tender knees and angles)
    - I walked to and from the gym, which is 1.4 miles from the house. So that gives me the 1.5 mile walk and an extra bonus mile for the team.

Tomorrow should be interesting. I haven't done any burpees since college.
  • meli_medina
    Options
    All exercise is done for today. Like predicted, the burpees about killed me, but I made it through taking them 5 at a time. :)
  • bearsfan2334
    Options
    Hey Everyone -

I was not able to get the extra exercises in yesterday but we did go for a 4 mile walk! I was happy about that. I am looking forward to the challenge tonight. I love lifting weights. :bigsmile:
  • justnname
    Options
    No Worries it only a minor Burn on 2 fingers. I really have to learn how to cook.. Just got home from Walgreen bought some burn cream.

I am not going to get finish the challenge tonight. If you want to count all the squats, step ups, presses, lunges,etc from this morning I went over.. LMAO
  • meli_medina
    Options
    Got my bushmen in along with a 3.3 mile walk this morning, so another 5K point for the team (yeah!). Also good on calories and water for the day.
  • spiceshirl
    Options
    Hi am Spice!!,

Am a bit clueless as to what day of the challenge we are on and what is this weeks challenge or for that todays challenge. Can someone fill me in?

x
  • meli_medina
    Options
    Hi Spice!

We're on the 7th day of the challenge today, or day 3 of week 2. Page 2 has a couple of different challenges for each day of this week in 2 different series... bushmen or pygmy. Or, if you want, you can check them out at http://mfpchallenges.blogspot.com/

Guys, I am really sorry to say this, but I am still holding onto this water weight. My body is an @$$hole and a) really hates to drop the last couple of pounds in each of the 10's, b) gets pi$$ed off when I start a new exercise routine and retains water like a b!tch, and c) throws a hissy fit and also stops flushing the lactic acid from my calves and feet when I don't take a full day off (found that one out at the doctor yesterday via a blood test).

So, bearing in mind that I'm also weighing in a full 2 hours earlier in the day than I have been all summer due to school restarting, I am up 1.3 pounds to 163.5 this week. I'm bummed about this, but I also know that it will come off and then some over the next week or so, so please don't string me up by my toes. I have not eaten an extra 4550 calories this week, never go over my daily allotment anyway, and am trying really hard not to be frustrated with it myself.

I'm going to continue to weigh myself over the next few days and up my water a little more to see if that will get rid of it. I had the same issue when I started 30 Day Shred and that is how I resolved it was upping my water.