Pasta everyday

Options
So...as I currently have a very busy lifestyle and it is hard for me to have homemade food, would it be healthy to have Batchelors - Cheese and Broccoli Pasta N Sauce everyday for lunch? If I achieve the calorie amount for each day would it still be okay as it seems to be quite healthy for you?

Replies

• savannahs21
    savannahs21 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    If you have the calories for it then yes you can eat it everyday.
  • ErickM5500
    ErickM5500 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Pasta has a lot of carbohydrates, if you are time restricted I would love to share some quick and easy meals I cook under 10 min.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    ErickM5500 wrote: »
    Pasta has a lot of carbohydrates, if you are time restricted I would love to share some quick and easy meals I cook under 10 min.

I don't want to derail this thread, but I'm interested in your suggestions. Maybe you could start a "Quick and Easy Meals" topic?

Thanks in advance! 🌞

(OP, I looked it up, and that lunch sounds yummy. 😋)
  • OHFlamingo
    OHFlamingo Posts: 239 Member
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Most of my dinners are pasta, with veggies of any and all types. And a variety of spices. No butter or oil. Sometimes with salmon or tuna. 59 pounds lost, and I get to eat my favorite food, just less of it! And it's filling, and works for me! (Barilla's high protein pasta, Veggie pastas, and Red Lentil Pastas are my favorites!)
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    So...as I currently have a very busy lifestyle and it is hard for me to have homemade food, would it be healthy to have Batchelors - Cheese and Broccoli Pasta N Sauce everyday for lunch? If I achieve the calorie amount for each day would it still be okay as it seems to be quite healthy for you?

There's nothing wrong with eating pasta every day. For good health, it's typically recommended to eat a varied diet, but you can certainly do that while having a few staple ingredients every day.
  • gininthegym
    gininthegym Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    If it fits your calorie requirements then go for it. My thinking is that it's better to eat something that works for you rather than have to worry about all the macros each meal. I'd suggest that your dinner is something with fewer carbs, more protein and veggies . That would balance the day out a little better.
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    356 caloriesnllohgmlsih5.jpg
  • KrissFlavored
    KrissFlavored Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    That pasta is way too dry for me lol
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options

Well, a cup of sauce would add about 80 calories, but I don't like tomato sauce on my pasta.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    356 caloriesnllohgmlsih5.jpg

That's 356 cals? Oh man I eat 4x that when I have pasta ;)
  • KrissFlavored
    Options

Well, a cup of sauce would add about 80 calories, but I don't like tomato sauce on my pasta.

Dont even need a tomato sauce, could be any flavor of sauce.. just something to moisten those poor little bow ties lol
  • quietriver
    quietriver Posts: 38 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Nothing wrong with that, if you enjoy it eat it. :) I had macaroni noddles eith assorted sauces gor a week once just to kick a pasta craving. Lovely stuff pasta. Also, lost half a pound that week so it didn't hurt anything.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,606 Member
    Options
    I think people will find my pasta's dry too. Linguine cacio e pepe, aglio olio, carbonara. Lumache alla vodka.
    lpr1whq2xwcc.jpeg
    rpucwtdb3c3h.jpeg
    5r10v2js9y96.jpeg
    f2iamgffc8qi.jpeg

• KrissFlavored
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of noodles that taste mostly like noodles lol

Like when you see people eating spaghetti and the sauce sits in the middle and they dont mix it in.. lol nope

And also if a sauce is too thick and the noodle is basically just sitting beside the sauce lol ... nope

Haha
  • simplyhannahme2479
    simplyhannahme2479 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I don’t see a problem with you having it everyday. It’s not the healthiest of foods, but if you not going over your calorie target then it’s fine.