Lose 15 lbs by June 30th

Replies

• JoyStarh
    JoyStarh Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2020
    I needed this group.. started my weight loss journey (again) 17 days ago. I initially lost 8lb in 9 days, but I weighed myself today and gained 3lb. Was about to give up but decided to hold on and join this group. Here’s to a better week all 💪🏾

SW = 13st
    9 days in = 12.6st
    CW = 12.9st
    End of June Goal = 11.9st
    End of Sept Goal = 10.5stone
  • grace173
    grace173 Posts: 180 Member
    mamimom wrote: »
    Grace173...Reading your post...I decided to go for a run! Thanks!

Really?! That is cool, thanks, you have put me in a better mood, thanks :smiley:

• grace173
    Also talked my sisters, niec9amd mother in to my fitness pal app and we also started our own challenge for June we all out 20$ in a jar who ever loses the most will be about 100$ richer!

That is a great idea! I get quite competitive with these types of things. I did one with my husband in our gym and at the end of it the trainer said ah, just let him win! lol! I was like HELL!!!.....N ugh ok
  • grace173
    annliz23 wrote: »
    I'm the same been stuck at the same weight for ages trying a new exercise abs one and trying to maintain over 10,000 steps a day!

I know, I never thought it would be difficult to maintain 10,000 steps a day but with this lockdown it is a bit harder to do it..there I said it :blush:
  • Paz922
    Paz922 Posts: 346 Member
    Hello all!! Hope everyone is having a great morning B)

I'm feeling better today. I did well yesterday- light dinner, no extra snacking and no alcohol! My weight was is down this morning, thank goodness. Not down to where I was last Friday, but closer. I'm focusing on shedding more water weight off today. Lots of fruits and veggies w/ very little processed foods. Hoping it helps me level out! Wish me luck!!

SW: 149
    CW: 146.4
    GW: 135-140

You are doing great! We are all here for each other! 😊
  • Paz922
    Hello everyone,

I haven’t walked in a couple of days because I was busy coordinating a birthday party for my brother over Zoom. It was last night and we had an awesome time. I was busy also today catching on a few things today but I am determined to walk on my treadmill for at least 45 min😊

• ReinaMaja
    ReinaMaja Posts: 12 Member
    Paz922 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I’ve been trying to lose 15 lbs for ever. I decided yesterday that I will lose the weight by June 30th. I believe I can do it. I weight 160 and my goal is 145. I would like to find people that need motivation to lose weight and encourage each other . The key is to post everyday even if you are having a bad day. Who would like to join me?

I am with you!
  • ReinaMaja
    ReinaMaja Posts: 12 Member
    I cannot find or remember how to add friends here but if anyone wants to send me a request I am here :-)
  • Paz922
    ReinaMaja wrote: »
    I cannot find or remember how to add friends here but if anyone wants to send me a request I am here :-)

Welcome to the group! I sent you a friend request. 😊

• MeisjeandDanny
    MeisjeandDanny Posts: 22 Member
    I'll be keen to join! Just started 10 days ago again. Feeling positive this time around to stay on track! I probably need some accountability on those off days though so this is great.
    Was 162 about 2 weeks before I started.
    GW- 135ish depending on how I look/feel
    No plan to have it gone by a certain time, as long as the trend keeps going down, but 15lbs by end of June sounds like a good place to start!
  • Paz922
    I'll be keen to join! Just started 10 days ago again. Feeling positive this time around to stay on track! I probably need some accountability on those off days though so this is great.
    Was 162 about 2 weeks before I started.
    GW- 135ish depending on how I look/feel
    No plan to have it gone by a certain time, as long as the trend keeps going down, but 15lbs by end of June sounds like a good place to start!

Welcome to the group!
  • I'll join of its still okay! I'm restarting for what feels like the 1 billionth time, but I have to keep trying. Losing 15lbs by the end of June will put me right under 200, this this is a great goal for me to have right now. Admittedly I weigh in everyday. It drives me insane to not know where I'm at, but at the same time its unnerving when the scale goes up and you're doing all the right things.

5'2"
    CW 212.8
    June 29 Goal: 197.8

May 4: no weight
    May 11:
    May 18:
    May 25:
    June 1:
    June 8:
    June 15:
    June 22:
    June 29:
  • Paz922
    I'll join of its still okay! I'm restarting for what feels like the 1 billionth time, but I have to keep trying. Losing 15lbs by the end of June will put me right under 200, this this is a great goal for me to have right now. Admittedly I weigh in everyday. It drives me insane to not know where I'm at, but at the same time its unnerving when the scale goes up and you're doing all the right things.

5'2"
    CW 212.8
    June 29 Goal: 197.8

May 4: no weight
    May 11:
    May 18:
    May 25:
    June 1:
    June 8:
    June 15:
    June 22:
    June 29:

Welcome to the group! I’ve also tried many diets in the pass with no success. However, this is the first time that I am part of a group which motivates each other. You may have one or a couple of bad days but the key is to comeback to the group. We have the same goal to become healthier. I know that we want see the number in the scale to go down quickly but this journey is about patience (someone said it in this group) and dedication. Choose the weight objective that makes sense to you. Try to post every day if you can. We can do this!😊
  • mamimom
    mamimom Posts: 12 Member
    Good morning...it is just me or I feel a bit more apprensive to face the weekend? Boyfriend is very keen on few drinks and grill...any tips? Feeling good today!
  • grace173
    Good morning...it is just me or I feel a bit more apprensive to face the weekend? Boyfriend is very keen on few drinks and grill...any tips? Feeling good today!

Ah yes grills are my downfall. Force yourself to go for a long walk beforehand and only agree to it if he does the prep while you walk..win/win
  • mamimom
    mamimom Posts: 12 Member
    grace173 wrote: »

Ah yes grills are my downfall. Force yourself to go for a long walk beforehand and only agree to it if he does the prep while you walk..win/win

Good plan and only one drink....I can do this!
  • annieu613
    annieu613 Posts: 143 Member

Make some grilled vegetables! I love grilled eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes, onion, mushrooms, etc. Just a little olive oil and salt, and it's a great way to fill your plate with healthy, low calorie options!
  • micwrites
    micwrites Posts: 120 Member
    I just found this chat and I would love to join as I also have the goal to lose 15Ib by the end of June. I was up a pound today which was disheartening but managed to resist the urge to buy and eat a bar of chocolate and sleep the whole day and instead go for a fast walk, a short slow jog and my daily ballet class (I am a ballet dancer).

Yes, good for you to resist! I was in the same boat earlier in the week, gaining when I wanted to be losing even though I felt I was doing all the right things. Payoff today in being down.
  • brittgreenlikethecolor88
    brittgreenlikethecolor88 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Good morning amazing peoplel!! It's Friday!! B) How is everyone doing??

I did well with my fruit and veggie diet yesterday. Dropped another lb of water weight! Hoping to maintain the loss over the weekend. @mamimom I am in the same boat!! We have 2 days of margaritas, chips & salsa (distanced hosting) coming up. So it will be a challange to stay on track. I think I'll stick to ONE maragarita and switch over to a less sugary drink after that. Maybe light beer. I need to count all my calories.... measure out the chips. I gotta stay on track or I'll make no progress!