Lose 15 lbs by June 30th

Replies

• PatriciaNeves2015
    PatriciaNeves2015 Posts: 51 Member
    @MeganD1704

I'm trying to figure out how to respond on the board. It's been a LONG time since I joined one.

Megan, have you ever used peanut butter powder, PB2? Great taste with far fewer calories.
  • 5Katey
    5Katey Posts: 371 Member
    @PatriciaNeves2015 Just wondering what type of scale you bought, I desperately need a new one.
  • aimjolie
    aimjolie Posts: 60 Member
    I’m in. I would be thrilled to lose 15lbs. My biggest downfall is late night eating. I’m a night owl and have trouble sleeping. So I spend late night snacking and watching TV. I know this has got to some. Any helpful suggestions?
  • bagpeel
    bagpeel Posts: 9 Member
    Have you tried going to bed early with a hot milky drink and a good book?

...I sound like my mum.
  • MeganD1704
    MeganD1704 Posts: 733 Member
    @5Katey - I just bought this one and it came yesterday. I really like it so far! https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01FHELB56/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • MeganD1704
    @PatriciaNeves2015 - awesome work on a 1.5 loss :) you are doing great!
    I have tried PB 2 but it doesnt really give me what I need. I used to mix PB2 in greek yogurt, but I want a protein powder for a sweet tooth kick when needed/or dessert when I really want one but have no calories lol. I ordered the IOS Yummy Sports one :)

@aimjolie try snacking on things like-plain/salted popcorn, broccoli and carrots. You get a low for your calories and it gives you the crunch. Try and save yourself say 150-200 calories every day for night snacks if its your weakness. Greek yogurt/blue berries if you are more of a sweets person, or dark chocolate - 75 % or better. I dont really have any tips on the sleep. I use the app headspace and listen to a sleep noise cast and I am out in a few minutes now vs hours.
  • MeganD1704
    Today's check in.
    Not much to report- finally got a new scale and like it. Tracks trends like happy scale so it will be nice to not double log. Staying in calorie goal today. I am back to working a lot of hours -70 ish a week as I am starting to get my feet wet in consulting as well as my regular 8-4 gig. Meal prep/pre logging is really helping me stay on track.
  • hawkeye45_
    hawkeye45_ Posts: 812 Member
    I'm in too! I started on 05/06 at 347.2 and now sit at 336.8, and I believe in y'all!
  • wingszeblake
    wingszeblake Posts: 2 Member
    I am in. Hi all.

Been a good girl with my 30-min aerobic a day. Calorie goal has been good since i downloaded this app. Got back to work few days ago and i am on my feet at work, so it looks promising as long as i dont break down and snack.
  • 5Katey
    5Katey Posts: 371 Member
    @MeganD1704 thanks Megan! Checking it out now👍🏻
  • Paz922
    Paz922 Posts: 340 Member
    5Katey wrote: »
    @MeganD1704 thanks Megan! Checking it out now👍🏻

I have a weight watchers scale that I bought 10 years ago. It is great!
  • Paz922
    I am in. Hi all.

Been a good girl with my 30-min aerobic a day. Calorie goal has been good since i downloaded this app. Got back to work few days ago and i am on my feet at work, so it looks promising as long as i dont break down and snack.

Welcome to the group! 😊
  • Paz922
    I'm in too! I started on 05/06 at 347.2 and now sit at 336.8, and I believe in y'all!

Welcome to the group! We can do this! 😊
  • Paz922
    MeganD1704 wrote: »
    Today's check in.
    Not much to report- finally got a new scale and like it. Tracks trends like happy scale so it will be nice to not double log. Staying in calorie goal today. I am back to working a lot of hours -70 ish a week as I am starting to get my feet wet in consulting as well as my regular 8-4 gig. Meal prep/pre logging is really helping me stay on track.

Pre-logging is great. I just have to remember to do it more often😀
  • Paz922
    aimjolie wrote: »
    I’m in. I would be thrilled to lose 15lbs. My biggest downfall is late night eating. I’m a night owl and have trouble sleeping. So I spend late night snacking and watching TV. I know this has got to some. Any helpful suggestions?

Welcome to the group! I also used to snack at night. Maybe you can try to keep low calorie snacks in a drawer or container in the refrigerator so that would be your go to snacks at night. Perhaps, crunchy vegetables with hummus, popcorn etc. you will do great! 😊
  • grace173
    grace173 Posts: 180 Member
    Hey everyone, weather is lovely which is making the lockdown very bearable. Foods are goin good, not too much snacking but my husband keeps bringing home yummy things which I find hard to resist but then when he doesn't I'm giving out under my breath 🤣
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    cupcakesandproteinshakes Posts: 1,091 Member
    Hey all
    I’m trending down .4 of a pound a week,1.6 pounds lost in may . I’m happy with that. If I keep on this way I will have lost nearer 5 pounds rather than 10 by the end of June. I’ll be happy with any loss though. Im135 pounds and it’s usually this pint where I say eff it I can’t be bothered. Not this time though
  • Paz922
    edited May 2020
    Happy Friday everyone!

I had a glass a wine last night for the first time in 35 days. It was great! I told my husband that my plan was to have only one glass so he put away the bottle after he served me. The issue with me is that I overeat when I drink alcohol. I went over my calories after having wine but did not have carbs. My daughters had brought cookies home and I did not have any. That is a huge win for me. Once I have a cookie, I can’t stop. Have a wonderful weekend everyone! 😊
  • Paz922
    Hey all
    I’m trending down .4 of a pound a week,1.6 pounds lost in may . I’m happy with that. If I keep on this way I will have lost nearer 5 pounds rather than 10 by the end of June. I’ll be happy with any loss though. Im135 pounds and it’s usually this pint where I say eff it I can’t be bothered. Not this time though

@cupcakesandproteinshakes you are doing great! We will extend this support group after June 30th! 😊
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    cupcakesandproteinshakes Posts: 1,091 Member
    Paz922 wrote: »
    Hey all

@cupcakesandproteinshakes you are doing great! We will extend this support group after June 30th! 😊
    Hey all

Hey all

Hey all

Thanks. I’m gonna need it into July. You’re doing a good job keeping it going.